Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

I'm just waiting for Chise to actually use her dragon arm. If they just treat it as a life-shortening curse and not the badass power it is, I will be extremely disappointed.

Actually, I find treating having A FUCKING CLAW in place of an arm as life-threatening or at the very least as inconvenient as being severely crippled is refreshing compared to all the other times when it's treated like a power up.

Having the ability to slice through trees like they're candy sounds nice until you realise you have to learn how to do everything with one hand because a claw isn't dextrous enough to do anything besides destroy stuff.

Neat little note about this cover... it portrays the both of them wanting to head towards separate directions. Elias is going towards a dark shaded platform and Chise a light shaded one. Welp shit. We are going to fully commit for this huh

Well, if we're gonna analyze, let's go all the way.

Yes, they're standing on two different sides here: Elias on the dark, and Chise on the light. But Elias is looking towards the light--he either wants to go there, or he's considering it. Meanwhile, Chise is looking at him, and holding her hand out. She's willing to help him go with her, if he'll just take her hand, and accept her help. 

It's not that they want to go separate ways. It's that they're on different paths right now, but Elias is willing to try to change his. So, yeah, we're fully committed, but not in the way you're thinking.

What's also interesting to me is that this cover makes it look so easy for Elias to change--that he could even do it without Chise's help. Just... walk to the other side. But nothing in his body language suggests that he would have done that: that without Chise, he'd walk to the dark platform over and over again. But with Chise, he's noticed it. He's noticed another option that maybe isn't appealing to him right now, but since Chise's there, maybe it's worth a shot.

Anyway, over-analysis time over.

For one that given home and BIG love, this Chise-bitch sure an INGRATE BASTARD. For some one that live hundreds of years, it's impossible Elias don't know about her way of thinking. He just want to save her, what ever mean necessary. Yet, this bitch choose a fella that already have high evidence of villainy like create dark things in the Kittens arc, hunt and kill dragon cub (which only one survived on auction) or take that whatever-his-name wizard's hand after held his student prisoner, or steal corpse of Ruth previous owner (which turned to Chimera).

Poor Elias, his love hand slapped off with thorns of rejection. Well, I hope Elias can get his money back from the auction house, since she run away.

Spoiler

All kidding aside; fuck off Chise. Do you think that you have the right to run away? You sold yourself. He paid 5 million pounds. Even afterwards, do you know how much time and effort he's invested? And you've brought him nothing but trouble. Go die. Her powers must be affecting Elias, because he's fucking pathetically subservient as well for whateverthefuck kind of "monster" she asserts he is.

Fucking hell, are you for real? Like seriously, you sound like a fucking slaver right here.

Are you ok? Did you mother drop you in the head when you're a baby or something?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Okay after reading this chapter, I think this is necessary.

Why?

Because Elias needs to develop his sense of morals and elevate his value of humanity. That won't change if he doesn't lose anything. I don't think any NTR bullshit will happen with Joseph. It would be like that stereotypical "parting of ways" arc of every shounen show but this time, Elias really has fucked up badly and he needs to learn (as well as Ruth) by himself. I think his master will make a cameo and point him in the right direction but whatever he does is still up in the air. I just hope he doesn't make any more bad decisions that'll make him a true anti-hero.

Holy crud that was the inevitable conclusion to last chapter but wow that was still devastating. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Volume 8

DJF7SgzV4AEcwbI.jpg

Neat little note about this cover... it portrays the both of them wanting to head towards separate directions. Elias is going towards a dark shaded platform and Chise a light shaded one. Welp shit. We are going to fully commit for this huh

Spoiler

All kidding aside; fuck off Chise. Do you think that you have the right to run away? You sold yourself. He paid 5 million pounds. Even afterwards, do you know how much time and effort he's invested? And you've brought him nothing but trouble. Go die. Her powers must be affecting Elias, because he's fucking pathetically subservient as well for whateverthefuck kind of "monster" she asserts he is.

Yeah screw all those slaves that run away from their masters also.  They aren't even good at picking cotton anyways.   What right did that idiot Lincoln have to free all them slaves?  /sarcasm

Nagging

Two things, first: it wasnt 500 million it was 5 million.

Second: I just realized that you must be trolling, i mean you argument for why you dont like Chise simple doesnt makes sense.

Seriously man, what will you say next ? That her obligation is to spread her legs and wait ? i understand Elias why he would do something like that, even so he was about to sacrefice a INNOCENT LIFE  and her FRIEND because primally he was jealous.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just a heads up, the 3rd episode of the OVA is out, and it's excellent. Hope that the series will be just as good.

yeah ... all three OVA were very good ... and yeah, if they are actually going to do a full series, hopefully they will put as much effort into it

Ruth! Bad doggy...

Holy shit

Spoiler

Thanks for the release as always.

Elias, you screwed that one up.

Chise will unleash a 500 hit slap combo on Ellias if he goes through with this plan.

Even better. A punch to the jaw

FUCK YOU CARTAPHILUS

First Tokyo Ghoul and now this. My heart is in tatters.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I'm just waiting for Chise to actually use her dragon arm. If they just treat it as a life-shortening curse and not the badass power it is, I will be extremely disappointed.

Just a heads up, the 3rd episode of the OVA is out, and it's excellent. Hope that the series will be just as good.

Volume 8

DJF7SgzV4AEcwbI.jpg

The wandering jew (I'm not even going to attempt to remember how to spell his name) is still using the girl as a spy via curse. It's possible elias picked up on this and is just going to use the girl to find him. at least I'm hoping so. After all if he intends to swap "body conditions" there is not better candidate. He'll have an immortal bride to match his seemingly indefinite lifespan, and it seems as though the wandering jew is looking for a way to die anyway.

No Elias probably doesnt know, he didnt noticew her last time so why would he randomly now.

He is very likely planning to sacrifice the girl.

And Cartaphilus already hinted that he wants her arm ch37 page37.

I find it more likely that he'll interfere on his own.

Although I have no idea what Ruths actual stance will be.

If he says hed pick Chise over someone else, doesnt mean he would act against her wishes like Elias.

"Necessity has no law."

What a perfect title for the last page.

Edit: Accidental double post

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics