Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 257votes)

Ajin

Alt Names: alt 亚人alt 亜人alt Demi-Human
Author: Miura Tsuina & Sakurai Gamon
Artist: Sakurai Gamon
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story follows a high school student named Kei Nagai, who is caught in a traffic accident, dies, but immediately revives and learns he is not human, but an Ajin, a mysterious creature that cannot die. Scared, he runs away from humans but is helped by his friend Kai, who joins him in his flee from civilization. He then becomes involved in a conflict between human and Ajin and must choose a side.

Note: Roughly mid-way through the manga, the Author Tsuina Miura left this project.

Nominated for the 7th annual Manga Taishou Award, the Readers Award in the 18th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize and in the Seinen category in the 38th Annual Kodansha Manga Awards in 2014. In the 40th(2016) annual kodansha manga award for General Category
Go to Ajin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What is wrong with Kei? New Window Bananimal
  • 23 Replies
Topic English translations? New Window darren
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tin man and Scarecrow New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Sore Spot New Window admira
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Yurichikun
  • 6 Replies
Topic Would we react like this? New Window BlackToTheFuture
  • 19 Replies

368 Comments

I was hoping the sister was just pretending to be against him to throw them off the track, but then it seemed like she was really helping her, with remembering that incident, and with going to tell her who the assistant might be, (though the fact that he hasn't shown up for school might be a clue...) Then I was thinking maybe she would change her mind remembering how good her brother was to her. But then again, that slaughter and kidnapping won't help things.

i have to agree with a lot of these comments. i mean, damn people in this manga are some of the most heartless creatures i've ever read in a story. i mean basically just insta-disowning their own families and so many people out to capture ajins for money. pretty cold world to live in if you ask me.

Just one of those times where you think "Thank god this is just a manga."

i have to agree with a lot of these comments. i mean, damn people in this manga are some of the most heartless creatures i've ever read in a story. i mean basically just insta-disowning their own families and so many people out to capture ajins for money. pretty cold world to live in if you ask me.

I was hoping that the sister would avoid telling the police chick stuff, and in her mind think that Kei was still her big brother who she loves (maybe even try to protect him and Kai). I was awfully disappointed by her shortly after...

Yeah, Let's hope the annoying characters get slaughtered fast and we will not be hindered by unbelievable character development.

Even his mother and sister who were loving before (at least the sister) would dare consider him less then human? To look down on him, as though his existence were a form of betrayal. Lame. They really need a few more sympathetic to the ajin, characters, or at least apathetic, not minding the ajin one way or another. As said before, too unrealistic for so many people to be so strongly against 'a human like species' that isn't even considered dangerous to people.

I was hoping that the sister would avoid telling the police chick stuff, and in her mind think that Kei was still her big brother who she loves (maybe even try to protect him and Kai). I was awfully disappointed by her shortly after...

Yes... just yes.

I had a suspicion of the police guy and girl I guess it was right or at least half

Me too hehe

This manga just suddenly got a lot cooler.

Even his mother and sister who were loving before (at least the sister) would dare consider him less then human? To look down on him, as though his existence were a form of betrayal. Lame. They really need a few more sympathetic to the ajin, characters, or at least apathetic, not minding the ajin one way or another. As said before, too unrealistic for so many people to be so strongly against 'a human like species' that isn't even considered dangerous to people.

I had a suspicion of the police guy and girl I guess it was right or at least half

This manga is so good !

Ajin appears!

Attack
Magic
Summon
Talk
Run Away While Screaming

Spoiler

Wow.

Thanks for the update ~

The art style kind of reminds me of drifters...then Hellsing...if that's the case and this manga will continue to be as awesome as it is and as awesome as those. Then this will be a good series

That's a terrible mother. 

I believe she lost the priviledge of being called mother.

After reading beyond the first chapter, I'm glad that this manga doesn't seem as entirely shounen as I had thought it to be, originally.

Things are certainly heating up.

Yup, a real mother would have said 'My son isn't a monster, it's a mistake!'

The parents are apologizing because their entire culture seems to have been "brainwashed" into thinking ajin are bad. Think of Jews and German citizens in Nazi Germany, it's a similar situation. They're less than human, so it's fine. Of course, it's not as if every single person went along with that persecution, so I'd assume we'll soon find some human organization that helps Japanese Ajin out.

I was actually thinking of Nazi Germany when talking about undercover sympathizers. Some decent points, though, and it's not like history isn't full of similar bullshit. I suppose if I got more of a sense of where this anti-Ajin sentiment came from, I'd find it more palatable. At least a little more of a peek at the propaganda establishing them as subhuman. As is, it just plunks us straight in without doing much to establish the setting. Like I said I'm waiting to see where this goes.

The parents are apologizing because their entire culture seems to have been "brainwashed" into thinking ajin are bad. Think of Jews and German citizens in Nazi Germany, it's a similar situation. They're less than human, so it's fine. Of course, it's not as if every single person went along with that persecution, so I'd assume we'll soon find some human organization that helps Japanese Ajin out.

Also, wasn't it somewhat implied that the mothers' relationship with her son wasn't the best? And now she finds her son is a "defect"..

(And isn't apologizing a big thing in Japanese culture?)

At any rate, great stuff so far.

My biggest peeve with this is how over the top the Ajin persecution seems. They get almost zero sympathy, to a degree that feels unrealistic. One'd think that there'd be organizations of Ajin sympathizers, either public or undercover. It's not like they're flesh-eating ghouls like in Tokyo Kushu (which so far I like better). Plenty of historical instances of such sympathizer organizations. But it's not like those manga really look at history--they just draw from other similar works.

I dunno, it seems like shallow characterization in general may turn out a severe problem in this. I'm mostly just following it to see if it goes anywhere interesting.

We don't consider these beings at all a threat to humans, yet watch as a mother disowns her son and apologizes for his existence simply because of him being more then just human.  As someone said earlier, these reactions are totally unrealistic. Besides which, why is she apologizing? They are chasing after him as a treasured milk cow to experiment on, they are glad her sons a Ajin.

esta serie tiene mucho potencial, la historia es original y el dibujo es muy detallista

OOOOOOH Mind blown.
and the The suspense. =D

Spoiler

and

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics