Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

Spoiler

Like hell, this is going to be along the lines of OTP with annoyances all around, Stella only has eyes for Ikki in the novels.

To be fair, we still don't know that for sure. Because he only said that he want Stella to be more stronger and he thought that Ikki will only make her weak, so Ikki should stop his relationship with Stella. It can be interpreted as 'I want you as my rival' or 'I want you as my woman'. But if it's the latter, I don't think he would have any right to claim her as a trophy after...

Spoiler

like a typical 'stupid' and arrogant villain...

Oh look.

Spoiler

To be fair, we still don't know that for sure. Because he only said that he want Stella to be more stronger and he thought that Ikki will only make her weak, so Ikki should stop his relationship with Stella. It can be interpreted as 'I want you as my rival' or 'I want you as my woman'. But if it's the latter, I don't think he would have any right to claim her as a trophy after...

Spoiler

You fail.

He's not like that at all.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh look.

Spoiler

You fail.

He's not like that at all.

Spoiler

Oh look.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I just finished watching the anime again yesterday. Lo and behold, a new chapter is up today.
Spoiler

I'm just not convinced about the story telling sprinter = no talent. Ikki is superior in almost all aspects except having no stamina/endurance at all.

But he wasn't originally even a top-class sprinter. He basically had no special talent until he forced it out of himself through sheer persistence. That's the only reason he became superior in any form: because he ​eventually ​(long after his kid years when his talent was judged) learned to compress the little talent that he had in order to explode it all at once. The storytelling is about how he overcame his lack of 'rank' with guts and hard work.

As the for the dad being a scumbag, it's aggravating but realistic. He showed his colours to begin with (thinking of others, including his kids, as nothing more than tools) by not giving his 'ungifted' kid any kind of nurturing; of course he would hate the idea of someone slapping his poor judgement in the face. While a decent human being would say, "Wow, I was wrong about you! Well done!" this guy would do anything to suppress and avoid having his judgement called into question. Even if the existence that threatens to do so is his son and could reflect well on the family name, it'll still make is personal valuation drop.

To me, the deeper story and earnestness of the MC in this is what places it above similar stories like asterisk.

That last page totally remind me of Byakuya.  

So this "Misogi" guy is a flippant shorty who has the ability to overwrite reality who also works as vice-president in the student council? And he is also "weak" by most conventional metrics?
Pretty similar to another "Misogi" we've learned to love.

Spoiler

Someone please spoil me I've watched the anime but haven't read the novel at all. Is his father really a scumbag? If so, why? It's not a lion throw his cub to the pit thingy? And I sense Stella will have an annoying fiance when they go to Vermillion later.

Not a fiance. Not at all. I know the "infatuated" from latest chapter doesn't help, but it's far from it.

Spoiler

I hate NTR from the bottom of my heart. Really, fuck NTR!!!

But this MC is so spineless I wouldn't mind at all if the girl get NTR-ed by some other guy. 

I get it! I truly get it! I myself do wish they'd just get on with it...

But at least I know the true source of my frustration.........

( . Y . )  ~(ToT~)

The next cover of vol 10----!!!! comes out april 14th btw. 

Cover 06!!

71gqMlXTTqL.jpg

Yeah but this isn't that.

Thank God. Kimi was bad enough at the end. Not sure I could handle another Kouji-troll.

You obviously have never trully been in love. You wouldn't want to "fuck" the girl you trully love, you'd want it to be something really special and meaningful, specially if its your first for both of you. Just taking her first time on a dirty floor while she is sick and had to get naked out of necessity doesn't make you a true man, only makes you one more of the many idiots that abound in this world.

the real MVP is here.

A lot of manga, manwha, webnovels & co are like that nowadays.

Ikki is labeled as failure because he's supposed to have no talent. From my understanding he only has a low mana/energypool and can't fight for a long time. Just like a battery that has a low capacity and runs out of charge within a few minutes and has to be recharged, which is a weakness instead of maybe hours compared to others. But he compensates that by removing his limiter and has a higher output/burstpower to overwhelm all his opponents.

The only thing he needs is a capacityupgrade or mana/energysteal to keep himself running for a longer time to become overpowered though he already is with "plot armor".

Spoiler

Someone please spoil me I've watched the anime but haven't read the novel at all. Is his father really a scumbag? If so, why? It's not a lion throw his cub to the pit thingy? And I sense Stella will have an annoying fiance when they go to Vermillion later.

gtSYalj.png

He got pranked

You realize that you just compared a sprinter to a marathon runner right?

That's basically my point. I'm just not convinced about the story telling sprinter = no talent. Ikki is superior in almost all aspects except having no stamina/endurance at all.

Tell that to the author of fuuka. :(

Yeah but this isn't that.

A lot of manga, manwha, webnovels & co are like that nowadays.

Ikki is labeled as failure because he's supposed to have no talent. From my understanding he only has a low mana/energypool and can't fight for a long time. Just like a battery that has a low capacity and runs out of charge within a few minutes and has to be recharged, which is a weakness instead of maybe hours compared to others. But he compensates that by removing his limiter and has a higher output/burstpower to overwhelm all his opponents.

The only thing he needs is a capacityupgrade or mana/energysteal to keep himself running for a longer time to become overpowered though he already is with "plot armor".

You realize that you just compared a sprinter to a marathon runner right?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics