Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.33 - 21votes)

Star Children

Alt Names: alt スターチルドレン
Author: Kida Masashi
Artist: Kida Masashi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a near future where humans have safely traveled to Mars, the space program is looking to go to Jupiter for the first time in history. For Subaru Yuuto, Amami Kosei, one of the elite astronauts of the crew of Jupitonia (the ship heading to Jupiter), is not only a person that he looks up to but is also a dear friend of many years. But tragedy strikes and a malfunction causes an explosion in Jupitonia and the ship goes missing in deep space, most believing the crew to be dead.

Even with the devastating loss of a friend and hero, Yuuto joins the Core Space Academy to become a super class astronaut (aka Sirius) just like Kosei once was and explore parts of the universe that has not yet been known to man. The competition is cutthroat and he has to become the best of the best if he wants to be where his hero once was. Although the fear of the unknown is immense, Yuuto must learn to overcome it and become the hero for the next generation.
Go to Star Children Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window Pocky
  • 0 Replies

50 Comments

Ack. A time skip. I know, I know, I can imagine what happened, but it still feels as if something's missing :/

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to their training in space^^
Oh so the author will pull a flashback style on us? But surprisingly, I like it! Strs and this, I really like space exploration mangas! If you like this, try planetes anime. And, of course, I will like it even more if there's some slight romance. :D
....Time skip....is it the popular manga trend now?...
Wha......?! Time skip already??
Spoiler
Finally! I've been really looking forward to the next chapter! And now I can't wait for the next one x'D
I hope it'll take less time, though I don't know how far the publication is in Japan... :/
well this is my favorite space story... I can't believe 8 chapters is already over...
Argh, so many good manga being translated, not enough chapters out :(, thanks for the release though!
why isn't there a new release, raws not out yet?
This actually felt stale around chapter one to three, then it went from that to amazing from chapter 4 and beyond.
That was fun. I feel content.
Go Pinoymanga!
Stuff is good but I want more! This manga's just awesome, thanks Pinoymanga Scans!
Kind of like ST&RS but better!
oh and my connection was pretty fast.. the next page done loading like .. in 1 sec
@Epic & cmertb well i read fast and quickly ... so don't judge me .... beside the first 2 chapters was pretty boring .... it getting interesting now tho
@EdHu yeah i was wrong ... the two of them have their's own attractiveness ,....
Nice, looks good :D. Can't wait for more
@Exa: a manned probe to jupiter could take an enormous amount of data not only from jupiter itself, but also from many of its moons, some of which are between the most interesting celestial bodies of our solar system.
    • Exa likes this
There are many things that are theoretically possible whose probability is between slim and none. Which applies here. ;)
@ cmertb I know few ppl who have can read a 300-400 page novel less than 5 hours. So its noth impossible to read 60 pages in 6 mins. ;)
Somehow a manned flight to Jupiter doesn't seem to make all that sense to me; I mean, there's no way anything could land on it passing through an ocean of metallic hydrogen, and to examine gases an unmanned vehicle would be better.
The premises aren't bad though, let's see where it goes.
It took me six minutes to read it to...
But anyway it seems a bit early to judge it.
The guy posts his opinion on the manga 6 minutes after the chapter is uploaded. That's like 60 pages! It must be a very valuable opinion indeed. XD
@ Vigne It's hard to compare the two though. I feel that St&R has more fantasy mixed in with it, while this is more realisticish if you get what I mean.

Over all looks interesting.
i could've swear ST&R were better

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics