Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 90votes)

Tohai Densetsu Akagi

Alt Names: alt Akagialt Akagi - The Genius who Fell into the Darknessalt Akagi - Yami ni Oritatta Tensaialt Akagi~Yami ni Oritatte Tensai~alt アカギalt アカギ ~闇に降り立った天才~alt 鬥牌傳說alt 闘牌伝説アカギ 闇に舞い降りた天才alt Legend of Mahjong: Akagialt Mahjong Legend Akagialt Mahjong Legend Akagi: The Genius Who Descended Into the Darkness
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A genius who fell into darkness. The god of the underworld.

Akagi Shigeru runs from a Chicken race where he almost died to a Mahjong parlor, where a man is losing all his money to the Yakuza. Akagi, who is only 13, tells him that he plays it wrong, although he has never played the game before. Akagi then replaces him in the game, and there a legend is born.

When the police come to check in on the parlor to see if the child that ran from the Chicken race is there, they deny the relation of Akagi to the chicken fight. In the end the policeman invites Akagi to a much more organized Mahjong game and from there the legends only continue to develop.

Spin-Off:

- Washizu -Enma no Touhai- (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/washizu-enma-no-touhai-r4536)
Go to Tohai Densetsu Akagi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Missing chapters? where they go? T.T New Window Zonambulous
  • 3 Replies

260 Comments

Akagi being caught up to the japanese releases is like a historical moment or something

"He really is just like a Peacock"
Much better.
Realtime with the magazine scans... this is like we are all stranded on the high gravity planet and watching one night taking several of our years...

I see 282, but no 281?

My bad, it was actually 281 in disguise

Going for 大三元, so he cleared 9 tiles, so remaining 5.
I see 282, but no 281?

Since the 1 Sou is a no go if you don't count that, 4 shan ten for 7 pairs or something else.

That "something else" is probably daisangen (and tsuuiisou, given that it's Washizu?).

Given that there has to be another twist this round (doesn't there?)...

How many shan ten is Washizu right now?

Since the 1 Sou is a no go if you don't count that, 4 shan ten for 7 pairs or something else.

I'm pretty sure he's tenpai waiting on the 1-sou

As expected, Akagi was only waiting to crush washizu's hope.

a whole 3 tiles were drawn this chapter! What's with the fast pace? :P

A whole one tile was drawn these 3 chapters. It's back to normal now.

I just finished the drama, and just like the anime, I didn't learn anything (except, from the anime and overall manga... you know...). The drama was really well cast and acted, but Washizu is already the individual established in the manga. Fukumoto-san did such a good job the manga Washizu is more of a real person than the excellent veteran they used in the drama. However watching the drama, the trip to Hell for Washizu is because we are in an extreme Bleach situation basically. The 'battle' here puts Bleach fights to shame in longevity terms. And there is an adaptation cursed with the constraints of realtime.
Spoiler
As soon as 277 started showing flashbacks, I thought "damnit, we're not gonna see that tile he drew this chapter...". So Thank You, FKMTkrazy for holding the release of 277 back so that we did not have to suffer this cliffhanger.

Spoiler

Spoiler

See:

Spoiler

a whole 3 tiles were drawn this chapter! What's with the fast pace? :P
Spoiler

See:

Washizu can ron for kokushi if Akagi kans the 1-sou.

Good point, forgot about that rule. I wonder if Washizu's ruleset allows it, though.
Well, I guess we could also just end up with a kan on the 8-sou and an additional dora indicator, bringing it to chinitsu dora8. But that would be a bit bland, wouldn't it...

That was almost prophetic.  :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Good point, forgot about that rule. I wonder if Washizu's ruleset allows it, though.
Well, I guess we could also just end up with a kan on the 8-sou and an additional dora indicator, bringing it to chinitsu dora8. But that would be a bit bland, wouldn't it...

Spoiler

is this yasuoka's character development? that is... deciding he'll die for akagi (no homo) and glowing? 

also wow, we're really close to being caught up on akagi huh... i can't believe it...

Inb4 8-sou discard.

Called it.

Washizu can ron for kokushi if Akagi kans the 1-sou.

my theory :

in the end washizu will win , it's just that the adrelaine he'll got he'll die before he can pronounce "tsumo" or "ron" , and thus akagi will win by default and will feel his win is empty

next chapter : akagi Vs Super Omega Buddha of the Sun

Actually, in Fukumoto's "Ten" it's heavily implied that

Spoiler

If Akagi gets an an-kan for the 1-sou, Washizu can't ron for kokushi unless chankan for kokushi is allowed in the rules of Washizu mahjong. If it isn't, ibrins's hand is still possble. =)

Eh, I'd like to say it's allowed unless specified otherwise, but I've honestly never seen it happen so can't say. If he does get the fourth 1-sou though, he can just sit on it to force Washizu to change his hand, then kan afterwards. Theoretically Washizu could stall to end in tenpai and win anyway, but that's not gonna happen.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics