Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 182votes)

Kuroshitsuji

Alt Names: alt Black Butleralt El Mayordomo Negroalt 검은 집사alt 黒執事alt Kara Kahyaalt Piru Hovimestariksialt خادم سیاه
Author: Toboso Yana
Artist: Toboso Yana
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Among the noble families of Victorian England exists Sebastian Michaelis, butler to the Phantomhives. He has unquestionably impeccable knowledge of all subjects, including etiquette, martial arts and cooking, as well as talents in every other area imaginable.

However, though Sebastian is undeniably perfect, he is forever destined to meet the needs of his 12 year old master, Ciel. Wearing a black tailcoat whilst gracefully brewing the world's strongest red tea, why is it that such a high class butler chooses never to leave the side of such a frustrating master? And what is the truth behind his perfection? The secrets of Sebastian and the tragedies of his cunning young master slowly unfold as the duo goes up against many terrible and unexpected foes.
Go to Kuroshitsuji Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kuroshitsuji's Latest Chapter Discussion New Window ndanix
  • 18 Replies
Topic Who is the best Kuroshitsuji character? New Window yamikami
  • 11 Replies

335 Comments

i think what he doesn't like is how they try to justify their actions. ciel doesn't do that, he considers it an unjustifiable sin even if he's doing it for the queen.

Maybe you're right. I'm kinda biased anyways. I'm been pissed at Ciel ever since he killed Doll.

Ciel is a freaking idiot. He doesn't realize that he is doing the very same thing as those four, killing for tradition. Those four killed for their school's tradition and he kills for his family's tradition, serving as the Queen's watchdog.

i think what he doesn't like is how they try to justify their actions. ciel doesn't do that, he considers it an unjustifiable sin even if he's doing it for the queen.

Ciel is a freaking idiot. He doesn't realize that he is doing the very same thing as those four, killing for tradition. Those four killed for their school's tradition and he kills for his family's tradition, serving as the Queen's watchdog.

Okay..... I don't get what he's laughing about and what Sebastian is agreeing on...... -_-

Ciel is all like, "Dude, you killed a guy!"

I'm confused by what Phantomhive said on page 35, ch 83. What does he mean by "Just killing someone like that... What are you saying"? The wording is awkward since it can be interpreted in a few ways. It can mean "Just killing someone [over something] like that" which implies that what they did was wrong. It can also be interpreted as "[For] killing [a scumbag] like that", which implies he doesn't think what they did was wrong. It looks to be the latter interpretation due to the undertaker laughing, but I'm not sure.

Well, the poem doesn't seem like the Undertaker's style.

I'm assuming it was written by whichever poor sod Arden was torturing into doing his poetry for him--the guy whose real poetic talents were being used by Arden to create his fake talents.  Presumably Arden had threatened them that there better be no more letters about bullying in the suggestion box.  The point was to write something Arden wouldn't figure out, but the prefects (whose talents are genuine) would.

But what this leaves me wondering is, on the surface it looks like the prefects did everything, for . . . understandable reasons of their own.  So what's the role of the Undertaker, beyond some involvement in supplying the walking corpse they after all asked for?

I'm more interested in who sent the letter.

....freaking derrick. you scum of the earth! for shame...FOR SHAME!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tah dah douchebag has returned! You kinda had to figure it was that guy the setting is...too cliche for him not to want to be the villain? Let's face it... that guy enjoys being as cliche as possible because it's interesting.

Well, I won't deny it works.  And of course it's nice to catch up with existing antagonists, maybe reveal a bit more of their machinations and deepen the conflict with them, all that kind of good stuff.  I wouldn't say I have a complaint exactly.

And yet, I was actually feeling that the mood and the, I dunno, rhythm of the manga at this point, was better suited to having someone new, with a different agenda, bit of variety, sort of broaden the world rather than deepen it, you know? 

Somehow

Spoiler
being the villain makes it very believable. I would normally go "Wait, WHAT?!" when I see stuff like this but him as a villain here kinda fits.

This is utter mindfuck

Spoiler

I honestly didn't see any of this coming.

I definitely saw the 

Spoiler
as the antagonist in this arc a mile away.  I just wish Toboso-sensei would utilize the fantastic array of other supernaturals that tend to overtake British mythology, or Irish or Welsh.

Yess! Souma and Maylene were adorable dancing together.  MaylenexSoma FTW

Dun dun duuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

From one mystery to another. Damn it, when that door opens I was expecting a zombie (like one of the previous arc) not a perfectly healthy guy!

Your instinct was correct....

Worst arc ever, saw the "reveal" ten galaxies away.

This woman, Yana Toboso, has talent, she (and her assistants, probably) draws so well, with all those details and such, plus the story is really consistent and keeps you hanging till the very end. It's really awesome to read each and every time. 

Real smooth guys. Falling into the water during your victory parade is the new cool xD

Calling bullshit right here and now on whatever happening.

I bet they're wizards. Yer' a wizard, Derek.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics