Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

What a shame the artist still struggles when drawing female asses.

Mirai nikki was trash.

No it wasn't. But equally Mirai Nikki can't be compared to this easily.

I wish I could also be bridal carried by Stella...except, you know, actually be conscious to enjoy it.

Man,these trendy future super-power anime/manga are getting boring, it's always the same setting and the same powers, just different names and appearances of charcters and weaponry(some even make the female characters homosexuals just to include more "lewd stuff/fan service" like e.g. Valkyrie Drive Mermaid).

Spoiler

Mirai Nikki was like 1 million times better than this one is, so how comes that this story has nearly the same rating as Mirai Nikki?
Modern era-setting manga should be nice and well thought-through like Air Gear, The Law of Ueki, Deadman Wonderland or Mirai Nikki and not deliver more copy pasta super powers with pseudo-tournaments.

Mirai nikki was trash.

http://vatoto.com/reader#3bb24a5e7c5d51bc_26...this is the best reaction EVER. I love Stella

This girl hasn't even swung the bat and she's already trying to get to home base...

Stella... she lacks impulse control. That's a refreshing feeling to be honest...

Man,these trendy future super-power anime/manga are getting boring, it's always the same setting and the same powers, just different names and appearances of charcters and weaponry(some even make the female characters homosexuals just to include more "lewd stuff/fan service" like e.g. Valkyrie Drive Mermaid).

Spoiler

Mirai Nikki was like 1 million times better than this one is, so how comes that this story has nearly the same rating as Mirai Nikki?

Modern era-setting manga should be nice and well thought-through like Air Gear, The Law of Ueki, Deadman Wonderland or Mirai Nikki and not deliver more copy pasta super powers with pseudo-tournaments.

It is all personal taste. I hated Mirai Nikki, and Air Gear was only good for about the first 100 chapters. The thing that I like about this manga is.

[spoiler] Just in case someone has just started to read this book. The MC is not a raving pervert. Ikki was able to fall in love with one girl, and he realized it right away.[spoiler/]

Anyway, the tournaments aside, from every book I have read tells me that there is no great manga. There is just different levels of good to just plain awful. It is our own tastes that dictate whether we like it or not. Personally, I love sweet romance books with a moe main female. I can't stand horror type books. 

Spoiler

Before i read this I need to now, does it seem like this will turn into some harem story or not...i just dont enjoy anything title that has both ecchi and harem together. Just hate indecisive MC's that has flirtatious relationships with multiple people. So yeah, just wanna know if im going to be wasting my time just to drop it before i read. -Thanks~

I so Feel you man, I started to hate all those stupid ecchi/harem stories with a fking MC who will never decide and date one of them FFS :|

This Manga Became my Favorite almost instantly the moment i figure the MC actually choose a girl and they keep on progressing in their relationship too !

The only other Fantasy/Sword Themed Story with this kinda setting i could ever Find was Sword Art Online !

I read all up to Volume 15 and while some hater say it's bullshit harem, it's completely wrong,

if u don't mind the spoiler

Spoiler

If anyone got any Fantasy/Sword Fight themed Story with 1 Male and Female MC that actually make some progress in their relationship, Please tell me I would love to read it :D

Two more chapters and it will be all of anime-covered material.

Before i read this I need to now, does it seem like this will turn into some harem story or not...i just dont enjoy anything title that has both ecchi and harem together. Just hate indecisive MC's that has flirtatious relationships with multiple people. So yeah, just wanna know if im going to be wasting my time just to drop it before i read. -Thanks~

Not really.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you both very much!!! 

Only one girl for the MC, i mean is the best girl and the MC know it, even if they're other girls who are interested in him romantically, that no further depevelov, so you can rest assured.

Spoiler

Volume 3, Chapter 4, Part 11 is where this chapter leaves off.

If I were to read the light novel for the current chapter of the manga where would I need to start from?

You do realize the scans are behind official release, right? 8 volumes are out and ongoing, while the latest translated chapter is from September. If you don't believe me:

https://vatoto.com/reader#f7358c32c2256ce1_2

This has the 7th volume's release date in October, but the chapter was released early November. So that chapter was already at least two months behind.

So how many chapters would you say until we are caught up? Is this manga still being made? I know the LN has a good bit of content.

Don't hold your breath. From the last page it looks like we'll have to wait four months for the next chapter.

You do realize the scans are behind official release, right? 8 volumes are out and ongoing, while the latest translated chapter is from September. If you don't believe me:

https://vatoto.com/reader#f7358c32c2256ce1_2

This has the 7th volume's release date in October, but the chapter was released early November. So that chapter was already at least two months behind.

Finally this is being updated again! We are almost to where the anime stopped (Needs another season). I can't wait to see new content.

Don't hold your breath. From the last page it looks like we'll have to wait four months for the next chapter.

Finally this is being updated again! We are almost to where the anime stopped (Needs another season). I can't wait to see new content.

It also makes no sense that he suddenly cared what his dad thought of him after 10 years. The bastard literally threw him to the snow.
Ikki has a beautiful gf who loves him, a sister who despite family fuck ups loved him, a kick ass skill, and the respect of his peers. Him caring this fucking much about a family that doesn't want him and who he doesn't want makes no sense. This entire arc is 2 people having a piss off as to who cares about not caring about the other more!

Didn't really get thrown out, he ran away

It feels like 1984 levels of fuck man this hurts.

I'll say this, Ikki shows everyone why he's awesome and why they should take him seriously.

I felt the same way when i read this arc in the LN. THe ending is so satisfying. And im not talking about the match outcome.

It feels like 1984 levels of fuck man this hurts.

It hurts reading stuff like this. It's gone too political for me in the sense that it's too real.
Everything is controlled, immorality and illegality is abound, and it can all be easily swept under the rug without repercussions. Even if Ikki pulls out of this, no one gets arrested, no one gets fired unless some higher-up becomes furious about the failure of the underlings. No, it's just more grind against a system where Ikki is only trying to prove a point moreso, than actually change it, because there's too much politics to wade through unless a potentially violent student rebellion and general anarchy takes place. Stella is likely the only one who can get enough influence to politically make some sort of change outside of Deus Ex Machina.
I guess I'm enjoying it in spite of the above, but personally it's getting a bit much for me.

I felt the same way when i read this arc in the LN. THe ending is so satisfying. And im not talking about the match outcome.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics