Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

>new organization of villains revealed at the end of the chapter titled "Akatsuki"

What is this, Naruto?

Akatsuki = red dawn, doesn't it? =/ Unless the kanji means something different in this case.

Finally. We have hit the point of new content. I really wish this would get a season 2 though.

>new organization of villains revealed at the end of the chapter titled "Akatsuki"

What is this, Naruto?

No, it's better.

What is this, Naruto?

Damn a Kurogane will be in the same stage as Ikki.

Woooooow. Didn't know they made classy MC characters who weren't slores these days. Amazing!!

MC is just so fuckin alpha

Thanks for the update!!

Waiting for the reveal that Kurogane is a NEET from the "real world" reborn into this fantasy Earth.

This isn't an Alpha Polis published series. :P

Was there any explained reason in source why wouldn't they announce Kurogane as royal fiancee while he was in prison? Except it wouldn't be climactic. I thought it was that they could not state their relationships, but they went and did it publically at the end of the tournament. If they said it from the beginning nobody would dare to fudge with royal favorite.

Coz mango don't got dat shity OP theme?

OP was good, ED was shit.

Waiting for the reveal that Kurogane is a NEET from the "real world" reborn into this fantasy Earth.

Spoiler

Such a babe.

Btw badass chapter. Ikki was so cool there. Also, its very uncommon (at least for me) to see in anime or manga a girl carrying her boyfriend in her arms like a bride. Stella you are a badass too :D

Really intense. What an enjoyable chapter. 

I remember dropping the anime.  Wait why am I even reading this?

Coz mango don't got dat shity OP theme?

It ended the same point like in the anime FUUUUUUUUU-

I remember dropping the anime.  Wait why am I even reading this?

For real. Air Gear STARTED a bit well tought, but Oh Great!cant' help but put style over substance. The series ended with anti-gravity towers and super rollerskates.

Also Mirai Nikki did start great, but it lost it's focus midway through the story. Around the time the detective dies, the story just goes all over the place afterwards.

Like what happened to Death Note and L. Future Diary had a pretty damn good soundtrack though. Really, the highlight was pushing the yandere envelope

to the extreme and beyond. 

Air-gear had a good system and stylish art style just like bleach but it really falls off on the plot about halfway through, just wanted to say

as Importuno said, Oh! Great's work always makes beautifully great works and looks awesome, but I don't know how or why, but the story loses power at the end and the plot goes awry (like in tenjou tenge)

Mirai Nikki was like 1 million times better than this one is, so how comes that this story has nearly the same rating as Mirai Nikki?

Modern era-setting manga should be nice and well thought-through like Air Gear, The Law of Ueki, Deadman Wonderland or Mirai Nikki and not deliver more copy pasta super powers with pseudo-tournaments.

Air-gear had a good system and stylish art style just like bleach but it really falls off on the plot about halfway through, just wanted to say

Kek, Mirai Nikki was shit. I have no idea how anyone could read or take it seriously.

Air Gear? You for real? And Deadman Wonderland basically started with a pseudo-tournament.

For real. Air Gear STARTED a bit well tought, but Oh Great! cant' help but put style over substance. The series ended with anti-gravity towers and super rollerskates.

Also Mirai Nikki did start great, but it lost its focus midway through the story. Around the time the detective dies, the story just goes all over the place afterwards.

Finally caught up to the anime, and with a good long chapter that a lot of monthly LN adaptations don't care to attempt. Thanks Rakudai, and keep the good times coming.

Finally, now we get to see something new. Though I do wish it got another anime season.

Mirai Nikki was like 1 million times better than this one is, so how comes that this story has nearly the same rating as Mirai Nikki?

Modern era-setting manga should be nice and well thought-through like Air Gear, The Law of Ueki, Deadman Wonderland or Mirai Nikki and not deliver more copy pasta super powers with pseudo-tournaments.

Kek, Mirai Nikki was shit. I have no idea how anyone could read or take it seriously.

Air Gear? You for real? And Deadman Wonderland basically started with a pseudo-tournament.

It ended the same point like in the anime FUUUUUUUUU-

FINALLY CATCHES THE LATEST IN ANIME,

Still For THis 2 Years, I still can't believe This LN :
- No Wimpy MC
- No Dense AF MC
- No Harem
- No Isekai With Reincarnate
- No OP From Start With Cheat Skill

- No Annoying Heroine With Over Tsun

- 100% Guaranteed Satisfying

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series