Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 84votes)

Karakuri Circus

Alt Names: alt からくりサーカスalt 傀儡马戏团alt Gánh Xiếc Quái Dịalt Le Cirque de Karakuri
Author: Fujita Kazuhiro
Artist: Fujita Kazuhiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katou Narumi (19) suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He's been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he's not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru (11), the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he's gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane (age unknown), who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru's late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.
Go to Karakuri Circus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic french scan ? New Window narumi2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Karakuri Circus latest chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Risking defeat and lose of reason for existance for EXTREME pride. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Has this series been dropped? New Window TomDaloof
  • 2 Replies

359 Comments

thanks for the update!

Nice to see a good guy's a-hole moments from the past. Guy is such an interesting character knowing his backstory.

And that chapter ending. Only thing missing is a middle finger salute.

Really like the angles and emotions drawn this chapter.

We've finally arrived at this particular flashback Guy has always alluded too. I'm not particularly happy to see the outcome, but maybe there will be a surprise here.

This is one hell of a timeline. I need a chart.

Is it just me, or does young Faceless there look an awful lot like Noriyuki?

That Tora cameo was lovely.

That's quite the reveal at the end of the chapter.

Congratulations funnuraba and co. for having now scanlated more chapters than what was already uploaded before you started! Over half the TL'd chapters is your work now, way to go! It has been quite some time since the journey began, and I have been here through most of it, and I just wanted to take yet another moment to really show that I appreciate all the time and effort you have put in for this amazing series. Thank you very much.

Ooooooh! Quite the revelation(s)!

Spoiler

Yeah they banged so much, that instead of walking they wheelbarrow their way to their destinations, eventually popularizing the thing as an exercise.

That silent guy sitting behind the two scumbags hair is drawn to imply its silver. Hmm....

Spoiler

I was honestly expecting something more  and reliant on her healing factor when she charged into the fire. I guess she underestimated how much appeal she has if she considers her normal body monstrous.

This ship is sailin' hard.

Things will get extra awkward once they get back to the present... "Grandpa, what did bragging about Angelina's fine naked body had to do with anything? And was it really necessary to show me how many times you 2 banged?"

Thanks for the chapter >_<

keep 'em coming funnuraba <3

Lucille kicked her out because she wouldn't pay rent. Lazy nineteenth century Millennials. 

from 88KG to 120KG in one night?

that itself is an achievement right there

"Chapter 157 Final Act"

Oh, so the series is ending soon?

"Chapter 223 Final Act"

I'll pass on this until Batoto lists this as completed.

Knowing how many volumes this story has, you'll be waiting a very long time.

Lol, that promise. We believe you, funnuraba. We tooooootally do.

"Chapter 157 Final Act"

"Chapter 223 Final Act"

Good luck, there's 43 volumes in total, and we're only on Volume 23...

"Chapter 157 Final Act"

"Chapter 223 Final Act"

Am I the only one feeling that

Spoiler

Also,

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics