Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 103votes)

Wolfsmund

Alt Names: alt 狼の口: ヴォルフスムントalt Ookami no Kuchi Wolfsmundalt Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund
Author: Kuji Mitsuhisa
Artist: Kuji Mitsuhisa
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Europe, early 14th century: the St. Gotthard Pass is the main north-south artery through the Alps. It's guarded by a merciless tyrant and nobody can cross the border without a thorough interrogation. His impregnable fortress is called Wolfsmund, the "Wolf's Maw."
Go to Wolfsmund Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

185 Comments

ouch.. guess that's it then.. Wolfram won't be coming back anytime soon..  :'  /

What I find most interesting about Wolfram is the implication that he was a sort of Antichrist figure. Remember that chapter with that little girl making a pact with the devil? If anyone has seen the raws for chapter 22,

Spoiler

Spoiler

It was censored by editors, because it will be too violated for many readers.

literally a pain in the ass

It's refreshing to see the word "literally" used correctly :)

My ass was twitching while reading this chapter. Not pleasant......

Bah, the way Wolfram acts in captivity removes all his magnificent bastard quality. If only I could believe that's a body double somehow.

Have to agree with you fully.

literally a pain in the ass

Bah, the way Wolfram acts in captivity removes all his magnificent bastard quality. If only I could believe that's a body double somehow.

Ironically, this method of execution is faster than proper impalement. I'm not sure the author understands that in real impalement, the stake is only pushed in as far as the large intestine, then stood up with the victim attached to the pointy end. The process of getting the stake from there to mouth takes hours or even days. Most of the time the stake won't reach there at all, emerging outside the body through the stomach or the shoulder. The principle is similar to crucifixion in that the intent is to prolong the suffering. As it is, Wolfram's end took only minutes, making it a far quicker release than a proper impalement would normally be.

In real history, what the Swiss did was considered revolutionary and shocking to Europeans in general. Normally, soldiers were spared and ransomed if possible, with lords like Wolfram treated well during captivity in the hopes of gaining large ransom or even concessions in negotiation. The Swiss rebels, being mostly peasants, were ignorant of knightly customs and simply massacred all captives, commoners and noblemen alike. When they started intruding upon German lands they also practiced a kind of selective genocide that was condemned by both the Habsburg monarchy and the Pope, in that they deliberately - in direct contravention of prevailing rules of engagement - targeted and eliminated nobles in the enemy forces and in conquered lands. This forced the population to revert to self-rule and made them more liable to accepting the Swiss political system. It wasn't until the rise of Emperor Charles V that the Swiss threat to Habsburg lands was neutralized.

Wow, the Swiss are some really sick fucks ...

Justice... 

Ooh, chapter 20's finally here!! Gonna go out and buy some satay to eat while reading it.

Oh man 19 chapters of suffering finally comes to a head. It was a brutal method of execution, but he deserved it.

That was probably the most enjoyable chapter I've read as of late.

Already "Wolfsmund" is making it look like a joke. "Mund" wtf? Also is it too much asked for to get atleast some background information before drawing something?

Wolfram was defeated!?!... wth? how could the author do this? Unfollowed..

From the cover, it seems like that's gonna be one of the possibilities

Spoiler

His death is more painful than this.

Wolfram shouldn't have died, he needs to be tortured for the rest of his life. Walter should've just broke all of the joints on his limbs and let him live. Wolfram likes pain, right?

From the cover, it seems like that's gonna be one of the possibilities

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Life is not fair man, we can't have it all.

Wolfram shouldn't have died, he needs to be tortured for the rest of his life. Walter should've just broke all of the joints on his limbs and let him live. Wolfram likes pain, right?

Spoiler

Okay... Vertical is going to release volume six in Feb of 2015. And I found the Japanese cover.

Spoiler

Good God...

Where the hell did the chapters go? Sure hope Vertical didn't get them pulled.

Is there any news on the next chapter?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics