Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 374votes)

Aku no Hana

Alt Names: alt Die Blumen des Bösenalt Kötülük Çiçeklerialt Las Flores Del Malalt Les Fleurs du malalt The Flowers of Evilalt 惡の華alt 惡之華alt Цветы злаalt زهور الشر
Author: Oshimi Shuzo
Artist: Oshimi Shuzo
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kasuga Takao is a boy who loves reading books, particularly Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du Mal. A girl at his school, Saeki Nanako, is his muse and his Venus, and he admires her from a distance. One day, he forgets his copy of Les Fleurs du Mal in the classroom and runs back alone to pick it up. In the classroom, he finds not only his book but Saeki's gym uniform. On a mad impulse, he steals it.

Now everyone knows "some pervert" stole Saeki's uniform, and Kasuga is dying with shame and guilt. Furthermore, the weird, creepy, and friendless girl of the class, Nakamura, saw him take the uniform. Instead of revealing it was him, she recognizes his kindred deviant spirit and uses her knowledge to take control of his life. Will it be possible for Kasuga to get closer to Saeki, despite Nakamura's meddling and his dark secret? What exactly does Nakamura intend to do with him?
Go to Aku no Hana Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What does the black flower mean? New Window NZPIEFACE
  • 1 Replies
Topic Final Chapter-For those of whom read it what do you think of it? New Window AwakenBlast
  • 8 Replies
Topic Do NOT watch the anime! - I warned you.... New Window FakeHero
  • 53 Replies
Topic Any similar mangas? New Window tigergee
  • 4 Replies
Topic Discussions about last chapters New Window dell1530
  • 216 Replies
Topic Aku no Hana RAW discussion New Window ragh
  • 9 Replies

1348 Comments

one of the more "interesting mangas i've read... i really enjoyed it... too bad they rushed the ending. but nonetheless i enjoyed all the weirdness involved

Sawa no Uta.

Fixed that for you.

Aw snap you're right, I forgot the name because I didn't want to accept any of the endings.

Yes -- his writing was beautiful, lyrical and, utterly, utterly bleak.

Talking about F Scott Fitzgerald, he was known to have bad spelling and grammar. This was especially true later on when he was a heavy alcoholic (although he was an alcoholic while writing the more famous books).

I always knew Nakamura is like Rikka from Chuunibyou but with an edgier chuuni.

Rikka chose to hide in a fantasy out of fear of facing the real world, where as Nakamura seems more likely to be afflicted with something far, far worse but never chose for it to be that way. There's a huge psychological difference between the two.

I always knew Nakamura is like Rikka from Chuunibyou but with an edgier chuuni.

wait on myanimelist it says that the manga ends at chapter 58 but here it's 57???? is there one more chapter or like a bonus chapter someone help?? and if it does end at 57, then i honestly don't know how to feel about the ending.... 

...For depressing American literature, F. Scott Fitzgerald is amazing...

Yes -- his writing was beautiful, lyrical and, utterly, utterly bleak.

So basically, this manga is Saya No Uta.

Sawa no Uta.

Fixed that for you.

So basically, this manga is Saya No Uta.

Just finished reading this and "shi no itaru yamai"... Heavy stuff. Really good heavy stuff... Now back to reading "one flew over the coocoo's nest" to lighten my mood... Maybe throw in "a clockwork orange"... Also I do enjoy "Les fleurs du mal" (the book of poems), but only in the original French, because I'm a snob. If you like that kind of stuff you should also check out just about anything by Rimbaud. For more modern depressing French literature I highly recommend "no exit" by Sartre, and just about anything else he wrote. For depressing American literature, F. Scott Fitzgerald is amazing, and some if his original uncensored work has become available. I haven't read any, but I'm really looking forward to it. Anyway, I'm spewing all this on a manga forum and it's not particularly relevant so I'll stop.

Just started reading this and damn this guy is a fucking wimp, the girl needs a good bitchslap

I guess... she was in love with Kasuga all this time...

I've had a crush on you for years. It's like diarrhea, I can't hold them feels back anymore so pepper your angus cuz I'm going in dry

...I guess anything is better than the anime "aku no Hana".

Wonderful ending.

Spoiler

Anyone who quotes Hikki deserves an honorary mention.

Beautiful story. It was a good choice to wait for it to finish to get up to date. 

thanks to all the group who brought us this manga and especially to oshimi-sensei!

That was a weird ending...

JustPlainNuts.gif

Jeez, she was more messed up than anyone realized...

Nice ending. So what happened? Wasn't Nakamura trying to find him in the second to last chapter? Because it seemed as if she was travelling to the city where he lived.. and should his dream be seen as a premonition?

I always thought that it was going to be revealed that she was raped/molested by her father, for several instances in the manga seemed to imply something of that nature, but I guess she was just a lonely girl with a few screws loose.

The importance of seeing an optometrist cannot be understated.

That perspective change at the end was so good, I kind of wanted to see even more of Kasuga's effect on Sawa through her eyes.

It's been a wild ride getting to this moment, this story will stick with me for a long time that's for sure.

I guess... she was in love with Kasuga all this time...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics