Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 131votes)

Soul Catcher(S)

Alt Names: alt -ソウルキャッチャーズ-
Author: Shinkai Hideo
Artist: Shinkai Hideo
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMusic MusicSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kamine Shouta is a boy who is able to "see" people's hearts, though the ability has caused him to distance himself from people. His meeting with saxophone player Tokisaka Hibiki changes both of them for the better, and Tokisaka convinces Kamine to join the school concert band. Now Kamine, who knows nothing about music, will have to use his ability to win over the band's section leaders in the hopes of leading the band to the national competition next year... as its conductor!
Go to Soul Catcher(S) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Current/New Chapter Discussion New Window Kiken_Tenshi
  • 1 Replies

170 Comments

I like this series a lot, but I'm afraid it's gonna go down the route a lot of series like this do and basically completely ignore most characters on the team/band after their introduction arc.

As someone who's been in a band I can honestly say this is 100% completely accurate.

Yep. All the time.

When I was in band I'd fake it every concert

You know I've been wondering about the "Seeing the hearts of people" ability, is it really a supernatural element, or some kind of really acute synesthesia? 

If its the first then it's kind of really out of theme with the rest of the manga, yet at the same time the main factor that keeps it all together.

Synesthesia goes off sensory input (speaking in terms of reality here, obviously it can be played with in fictional works).  So you could get "flavors" or "colors" from sound, that's not a problem at all (and those are among the most common synesthesias).

However reading people's hearts/emotions would require an amazing (and involuntary) level of cold-reading that would make experts in that field ashamed of their capability.  Continued in spoiler:

Spoiler

Not sure how many of you are still looking forward to this series, hoping most of you are still interested! Just thought I should say that we are hoping to get to where we are giving you 2 chapters a week.

Also as of Chapter 57 and from then on (because of the new magazine), the series is 50 pages per chapter, give-or-take! I'm so hyped!

Sounds good to me.  I've always thought the concept of this was interesting, though I hope it doesn't remain focused on band competitions too much going forward (obviously it'll remain a large part of the plot for a while but I do like the broader aspects of the concepts in the story).

The overdramatic-ness makes me chuckle and smile to myself everytime I read this. xD

Thanks for the update!

As someone who's been in a band I can honestly say this is 100% completely accurate.

Yep. All the time.

Really liked this chapter. Keep up the good work.

Not sure how many of you are still looking forward to this series, hoping most of you are still interested! Just thought I should say that we are hoping to get to where we are giving you 2 chapters a week.

Also as of Chapter 57 and from then on (because of the new magazine), the series is 50 pages per chapter, give-or-take! I'm so hyped!

HELL YEAH, CONDUCTOR MANGA TWICE A WEEK SOUNDS GREAT!

Well I certainly am. This manga is really fun :)

Takes too much time. It's faster (and way more enjoyable) to download an anime. And too, there are differents ways of playing the same song.

Too much time? One minute of time to type name of the song is Too much? And you can find differents ways of playing in the internet. Btw even if ways different, it is still the same song.

Should expect next chapter within the next week or so, guys! Just gotta keep Mr. Project Manager on task, lol.

~sniff~ awesome

[Still waiting on that "delete comment" option, if anyone wants to implement that super obvious feature.]

That's right folks, we're still here, and our typesetter is back in business!
It's been so long since an update I was losing hope. ;A; Thank you for not giving up on this scanalators!

Hell yeah, an update !

Holy shit, an update! I thought this had been dropped by the scanlators.

New chapter?  Holy shit. o_o

Thank you, iMangascans for the last chapter !

Too, Kamine was really... incredible in that chapter. Hell, I never imagined I'd ever see that.

If you like Soul Catcher(S) you may like this new manga too http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/benten-rock-you-r14245

Enjoy

We have translated up to Chapter 26, and have cleaned up to Chapter 25. If anything we're waiting for our typesetter, who was recovering from a broken arm.

OMG I CANT WAIT I LOVE THIS AND YOU GUYS FOR TRANSLATING IT.  i thank you guys so much give my best wishes to your typsetter may he get well soon thank you guys so much this is my number one favorite manga and ive been patient waiting checking everyday since september to hear any updates thank you for letting me know i cant wait.

iMangaScans hasn't dropped it, they're trying to have HQ raws. (Or they're slow like hell)

We have translated up to Chapter 26, and have cleaned up to Chapter 25. If anything we're waiting for our typesetter, who was recovering from a broken arm.

someone else should pick this up. really good manga. 

iMangaScans hasn't dropped it, they're trying to have HQ raws. (Or they're slow like hell)

someone else should pick this up. really good manga. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics