Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 131votes)

Soul Catcher(S)

Alt Names: alt -ソウルキャッチャーズ-
Author: Shinkai Hideo
Artist: Shinkai Hideo
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMusic MusicSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kamine Shouta is a boy who is able to "see" people's hearts, though the ability has caused him to distance himself from people. His meeting with saxophone player Tokisaka Hibiki changes both of them for the better, and Tokisaka convinces Kamine to join the school concert band. Now Kamine, who knows nothing about music, will have to use his ability to win over the band's section leaders in the hopes of leading the band to the national competition next year... as its conductor!
Go to Soul Catcher(S) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Current/New Chapter Discussion New Window Kiken_Tenshi
  • 1 Replies

170 Comments

My god an update!

Today is a good day~

If only they'd do this series more....=/

Great, a new chapter !

A SoulCatchers day is a happy day. Thank you iManga Scans :)

This.

An update !

But now I'm kinda sad that I was so tired of waiting that I rushed through the raw... didn't understand the japanese but I know basically everything that's gonna happen up till chapter 53. 

A SoulCatchers day is a happy day. Thank you iManga Scans :)

Huurah its back!

*pinches cheek* I'm not dreaming, am I?

*bashes face against lampost* N-no.

HALLELUYAH!!!!!

How so? I see no new update.

For some reason it's not on here yet, but you can read it on imangascans.

It's alive again!

How so? I see no new update.

It's alive again!

thank you for the chapter, iMangaScans!

Quick update before sleep: I've proofed the script for chapter 30, and typesetting has made it through chapter 29! Also, as of May 1st, the raws have reached chapter 61; and if the official Twitter account is to be believed, the series will be moving to Shonen Jump + this summer, and as such, back to a weekly release!

Only on chapter 9 because I have to go to bed, but I'm actually really enjoying this right now. I just grabbed it because the art didn't look too bad, but it's quarter to 12, and I have to be up at 6 for work, but I don't care because I'm enjoying this THAT much.

After reading lots of shounen manga, the feeling of excitement I had at the beginning had been starting to wane. But whenever I read this, my heart beats faster, and it makes me happy. I still remember that when I read it for the first time I was in a slump but reading it made me not lose hope in shounen and its formulaic plots (after all, this still has all those shounen cliches, but it's still not annoying, and not tiresome or boring to read at all). After all, it's findings like these that make me keep on clicking the "Random" button.

So I'm really thankful to Shinkai-sensei and to iMangaScans for bringing this to me (well, us). Thank you guys, I just want to let you know your work is very appreciated and that I always look forward to reading these Soul catcher(S) updates :)

Have a nice day

I'm always happy to see an update of this series.

Keep up the good work iMangaScan.

Page 13...even the old man is there grinning, lol. Priceless.

I really liked the dance routine there at the end, they'd do well as a marching band with that kind of teamwork and coordination! XD

However reading people's hearts/emotions would require an amazing (and involuntary) level of cold-reading that would make experts in that field ashamed of their capability.

my bet is that its a fictional, special type of mirror-touch synesthesia.  if its possible to literally feel the same touch-sensations as other people just by seeing them occur, its not that far a jump to the kind of empath ability seen here.

Spoiler

Double Strike! Two at once, good job!

Lol, I was typing mine, not seeing his until I'd already posted. Funny how that paralleled the chapter! ^^;

The most recent chapter is one of my favorite chapters in the series, btw!

If you're talking about the reeds, they are necessary to play a clarinet or saxophone as part of the mouthpiece, and you tend to go through several as the year goes along. (They can be rather expensive, too. I played clarinet for 6 years)

These reeds are for the instruments the girls uses, and was given to them by the guys they like, is just a simple gest but is especial to them.

Double Strike! Two at once, good job!

I don't get it. What does that gift mean.

If you're talking about the reeds, they are necessary to play a clarinet or saxophone as part of the mouthpiece, and you tend to go through several as the year goes along. (They can be rather expensive, too. I played clarinet for 6 years)

These reeds are for the instruments the girls uses, and was given to them by the guys they like, is just a simple gest but is especial to them.

Page 13...even the old man is there grinning, lol.  Priceless.

I like this series a lot, but I'm afraid it's gonna go down the route a lot of series like this do and basically completely ignore most characters on the team/band after their introduction arc.

Your worries are understandable, but not necessary. The author does a good job of keeping our main band's 'healed' characters involved, so far as I've read. ^-^

EVERY TIME I SEE THEIR FACES, I BREAK OUT IN LAUGHTER, I CANT STOP

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics