Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 260votes)

Sekai Oni

Alt Names: alt 世界鬼alt Sekai Onialt Sekaionialt World Devilalt Дьявол Мира
Author: Okabe Uru
Artist: Okabe Uru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A manga on Urasunday Magazine, Sekai Oni follows the story of a little girl called Shinonome Azuma.

With her parents dead or missing, Azuma has been taken into her uncle's family. However her new family has been harshly abusing her, to the point she has become so mentally unstable she developed the rare syndrome of Alice Through the Looking Glass, which makes her see things that shouldn't be there reflected on mirrors, water, glass, etc.

Everything begins when the things she sees start affecting the real world directly, and the barrier between reality and illusion breaks apart.

Welcome to the world at the other side of the mirror. Welcome to wonderland.

http://urasunday.com/sekaioni/index.html
Go to Sekai Oni Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Azuma's eye color New Window bronx819
  • 3 Replies
Topic Awesome pictures [maybe spoiler] New Window sradok
  • 2 Replies
Topic Search for Translator New Window sradok
  • 7 Replies
Topic Soon we start at chapter 3 (need proofreader) New Window sradok
  • 0 Replies

1343 Comments

Tbh, I totally don't understand the epilogue.

Was the dude with long white hair supposed to be Pet Bird Boy? (his name has slipped my mind, apologies.) If so, why does he look so different?

And while we're at it, why does Azuma look so different, too?

Doesn't it say 5 years passed? They're just trying to show age.

Tbh, I totally don't understand the epilogue.

Was the dude with long white hair supposed to be Pet Bird Boy? (his name has slipped my mind, apologies.) If so, why does he look so different?

And while we're at it, why does Azuma look so different, too?

All good things must come to an end, and now Sekai Oni finally has. 

While the ending felt pretty abrupt, and the epilogue wasn't quite what I expected, I'm not the least surprised Azuma didn't mind becoming the world's destroyer or that we didn't even get to see her become a full world devil at all. The manga tried to subvert typical shonen series expectations through satire and by killing off the characters that were supposedly elites without a blink of an eye, so of course it wouldn't bother to show Azuma destroying the world. Like Ookura said, their darkness wasn't something to be proud of, so the ending didn't glorify Azuma's.

Sure, the ending wasn't phenomenal, but it provided enough closure to not detract from my overall enjoyment of the series. Thanks to much to Tsuki to Chikyuu Translations for working so hard over the past year to bring us this incredible series!

When will people learn you can't cram your ending in a single chapter? You gotta space it out a bit, not explode maze offscreen and then timeskip the epilogue.

I can understand the author not going for a super happy end, where everything turns out perfect. 10/10 would read again

I know I'm already in the minority, but that ending and epilogue was pretty good. -shrugs-

Wait, so what just happened at the end? 

Hijiri: Can you kill off an entire planet as a world devil? (There's no way she'l be able to carry this burden)

Azuma: Hells yes!!

Hijiri: DAFUQ!? I don't know a thing about this girl.

Me: Neither do I.

<Kills off planet off-panel>

Epilogue

Azuma: What a crap mother. I'm leaving this place.

Me: What happened to Utou? Oh well.

Well aside from that ending, this was a great manga.

I uh...that was uh...

Well whatever.

Azuma has become so pretty!

Spoiler

Thanks for finishing this, but that ending was rather abrupt :(

WHAT. THE. HELL.

And so it ended ;__; Thanks everyone for reading and thanks to ultimateking and Moony for helping. :D

Seems very few people here trust her mommy, eh? Considering there's only one chapter left and then the epilogue, I doubt there's going to be some crazy twist or anything like that. The weight of having to end an entire other world just for the sake of her own happiness is dramatic enough in my opinion, especially seeing how much Azuma has changed now. Either way, I'm still excited as all hell for the finale.

The major weirdness to me is the whole, "wow I'm just so happy to see you that I just won't mention the fissures in the sky."

Like, I get that you're happy to see your daughter BUT THE SKY IS BREAKING. 

14 years old? Damn, that asshole family really did a number on her.

Oh my god don't take this away from me.

Seems very few people here trust her mommy, eh? Considering there's only one chapter left and then the epilogue, I doubt there's going to be some crazy twist or anything like that. The weight of having to end an entire other world just for the sake of her own happiness is dramatic enough in my opinion, especially seeing how much Azuma has changed now. Either way, I'm still excited as all hell for the finale.

Did they explain why Azuma wasn't with her mom?

It's been such a long time.,,

this chapter hints that her mom was too young to provide for azuma so she temporarily gave azuma to her relatives so she can earn enough money.

Anyone else still have a hard time accepting the fact that Azuma is 14?

Hmm i doubt that is her real mom .. i mean from the look in her eyes somehow it was different ... how gonna the author wrap this gonna be interesting though .. ok Shinji uhmm azuma i mean the fate of the world depends on you know ! :)

The world's ending but Azuma looks so happy aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuu.

Did they explain why Azuma wasn't with her mom?

It's been such a long time.,,

I get the feeling that that isn't her mom.

The hairstyle of the mom resembles one of the cheshire devils.

So either it isn't her Mom or Seki kills her next chapter, so Azuma has enough despair to save the World....

I get the feeling that that isn't her mom.
So is it just my cynicism or is something really wrong here?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics