Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 35votes)

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen

Alt Names: alt 賭博堕天録カイジ 和也編alt Gambling Heathen Kaiji: The Kazuya Arcalt Kaiji Part 4alt Kaiji: Kazuya-henalt Kazuya-Henalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuyahenalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: The Kazuya Arc
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A direct sequel to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji, picking up immediately after Part 3 ends. After his tremendous victory in 2-Player Mahjong against the villainous President, Muraoka Takashi, Kaiji is being driven home by Kazuya, the son of Chairman Hyoudou. However, in the car, Kazuya asks Kaiji if he would be interested in one more gamble that night, and Kaiji accepts. What surprises lie in store for our dear Kaiji, and what will the gamble be?!

***Please Note***
The Kaiji series as of now is divided into 5 parts, and this is the 4th of those parts. The series follows this order:

Part 1: Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, but Manga is not fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-r1874

Part 2: Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, and Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-r5071

Part 3: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-r923

Part 4: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - Kazuya-hen (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)

Part 5: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen (Not yet animated, Manga is being translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-one-poker-hen-r14151
Go to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The purpose of this arc. New Window Jkguitarist
  • 1 Replies

131 Comments

One problem that I see with this game is that those three guys do not have watches. They have to calculate (count) the time in their head with loud music and the pressure of wondering if they are the savior. I can't see how this game proves whether humans are scum or complex.

It's gonna be interesting seeing a game with Kaiji not playing

the trick is pretty obvious, the people infront of the others dont know if they/the people behind them is the saviour in most cases. Some people are probably going to get real nervous and I don't think they'll win the game.

I wonder what the catch is...there has to be something that will set the "savior" against the "hostages," I'm guessing.

Spoiler

I can see the new chapters now so try again. On a sidenote this game... I can't see the trick or pitfall of this game. There is no way that it can possible be this simple.

Chapters 15 and 16 are supposedly posted, but I can't get them to display.

I'm having the same problem

Chapters 15 and 16 are supposedly posted, but I can't get them to display.

At least the salvation game sounds like a happy type of game.

i wonder what kind of expirement is it ...
I shall respect Fukumoto Nobuyuki he always get fresh ideas
15 years of labour, eh? Sounds awfully familiar...
Enter the 3 stooges Kaiji version!
Kaiji really know how work out your inner "burning heart".
As social commentary, Kazuya's speech on the romance novels that "society praises" feels a bit out of place in Kaiji, but not really in a bad way.
I want my own wall of hypocrisy xD
Can't wait to see more of those ugly helmets on the volume cover.
"I get the feeling that this was written out of personal experience."
me- back on the 19th

Called it!
How is "The sword is mightier than Love" a love story???
Looking at that new volume cover, it seems some people are about to be having a very bad day because of this gamburu.

Also FKMTkrazy, thanks for usually releasing your chapters right after I've had dinner. Reading Kaiji aids with digestion.
I'm jealouse of Kaiji. He can finish a book in minutes.
One thing I don't understand is how Kazuya supposedly looks down on humans in general, but...

Spoiler
Look at that man's face, betrayed and despair. This is why I love Fukumoto's art. His direction and effects are excellent.

And this Arisa is such a bitch.
I wouldn't mind reading a novel like this!
"But I can't show any favoritism and I must be fair so I can't let you use two swords. Except I will let you use two swords at the same time."

@_@
FKMT works are usually rather cynical, they wouldn't benefit from "pretty" characters.
@thepersonbelowme FKMT's art is an acquired taste. Not everyone has the delicate sensibility or aesthetic appreciation necessary to grasp it. But it also means that you will never know the thrill of a TRUE GAMBLE!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics