Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 109votes)

Saki

Alt Names: altalt 咲 -Saki-alt 咲‐Saki‐
Author: Kobayashi Ritz
Artist: Kobayashi Ritz
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Miyanaga Saki is a high school freshman who doesn’t like mahjong. Ever since she was a child, she would lose her New Year’s gift money during her family mahjong game. If she won, her parents would be upset, and if she lost, well, she lost.

As a result, she’s learned to play in such a way that her score always remains plus/minus zero: not good enough to win, but not bad enough to lose. When we meet her, she’s being dragged to her school’s mahjong club by an old friend. How will a girl who hates mahjong, yet has become adept at the game as a result of her upbringing, survive in this environment?

============Notice================
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

Spin-offs:

> Saki-Biyori
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-biyori-r2845 )

> Saki-Biyori - Otona no Maki
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-biyori-otona-no-maki-r2846 )

> Saki: Achiga-hen - episode of side-A
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a-r2824 )

> Side Story of - Saki - Shinohayu the Dawn of Age
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/side-story-of-saki-shinohayu-the-dawn-of-age-r9683 )

> Toki
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toki-r19434 )

> Ritz
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ritz-r8860 )
Go to Saki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anybody here play Riichi Mahjong because of this manga? New Window pantsu
  • 6 Replies

383 Comments

I suspect Teru will not be as dominate in the Finals. Her style is to watch a few hands and see what "super-powers" her opponents have and then counter. Yuuki starts straight from the seat draw, goes strong early and then fades. Teru can't react to a fast start with her wait-then-counter. Plus, Achiga's Dragon Lord Kuro has already messed with Teru's head once.

This no-pan art style is becoming more and more ridiculous. I understand that it is Shizuno's design, but on 9th page it literally looked like she was wearing only sweater and nothing else. Oh, wait, she is wearing only sweater...

Feels like Ritz is constantly retconning Achiga-hen. It was a cute story about a spunky little school that was enjoyable to watch, but over the last year or so, they've been retconned into LAST BOSS and her 4 Mid-Bosses. I get that you need Overwhelmingly Powerful Opponents for the climax, but that role was already filled 7 years ago by Teru and her team.

It's worse than that because if you look back at the points gained and lost during the Shiraitodai match with Achiga, Shiraitodai would have lost enough points to get kicked out of the tournament had Teru not nearly doubled the initial score (and at one point more than doubled it). But I digress, I'm just kicking a dead horse.

Nothing new learned in this chapter, except the big one showing Saki's tell when she knows a kan is coming. I still call crap with how Ritz constantly shows how strong Achiga is (off screen mind you).

Feels like Ritz is constantly retconning Achiga-hen. It was a cute story about a spunky little school that was enjoyable to watch, but over the last year or so, they've been retconned into LAST BOSS and her 4 Mid-Bosses. I get that you need Overwhelmingly Powerful Opponents for the climax, but that role was already filled 7 years ago by Teru and her team.

Wow, they actually talked about the Miyanagas' past two chapters in a row... even if it was just for the sake of talking. No new info at all. XD

Nothing new learned in this chapter, except the big one showing Saki's tell when she knows a kan is coming. I still call crap with how Ritz constantly shows how strong Achiga is (off screen mind you).

Cover 15!!

01.jpg

The Achiga girls really went from the underdog team to the final bosses. Their powers during the start of the spin off were alright, it wasn't game breaking and as a team it was fun to watch them grow(I was even rooting for them). Then they just 180 when their captain awakened. Now I'm actually feeling bad for Saki's team overall. Aside from Saki they're all pretty normal. I'm still rooting for my girl Ako tho. 

The match for 5th position will be interesting.

Match for the vanguard most likely will be Toki raping all of the other schools. As for the Captain match, it will be a battle of Batman in love with her mentor vs lesbian lap pillow power vs lesbian wireless hax vs demon collector in which one of them has the ability to make other people get arroused.

In short, lesbian battle royale.

Here comes another cocktease about Saki's past. 5 bucks that next chapter they are going to completely ignore it, just like the previous ones.

How about Kobayashi-sensei doing a Meitantei Conan! The finals would span 10 more volumes, each match just coming one after the other but it would still be the same finals. We'd also get 1 or 2 pages of "plot" every 20 volumes or so.

After nopan their skirts getting shorter until not wearing anything.

Spoiler

a foreshadowing for the girl with her move that means "flowers blooming on top of a mountain"?

I thought it was more of a spoiler for, "WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING UNDERWEAR AGAIN?"

Spoiler

a foreshadowing for the girl with her move that means "flowers blooming on top of a mountain"?

Here comes another cocktease about Saki's past. 5 bucks that next chapter they are going to completely ignore it, just like the previous ones.

eh? does this means Teru isn't the last boss?

in team match, teru play as vanguard, which means in finals later on she will play againts yuuki, not saki. because saki held Captaion position (play last)

i believe our sister reunion will be held on Individuals Tournament Arc.

eh? does this means Teru isn't the last boss?

MONKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

did we make it

are we going to the finals

i never thought i'd see the day

That ending just kind of happened... like a flash.

That girl went ....

Well, finally final match and for very long released.

Sheesh, the mangaka keeps dragging this on. They have to make every single player seem like some kind of badass or whatever. Bring on some one-sided beat downnsss.

sorry,

but thats only belong to Teru

Sheesh, the mangaka keeps dragging this on. They have to make every single player seem like some kind of badass or whatever. Bring on some one-sided beat downnsss.

really? not even a full chapter to Saki? that's.... disapointing...

Saki looks like when I am playing a RTS game and my territory is conveniently between everyone else, it's not that they're working together to supress me, it just happens that despite them duking it out on my territory I'm still alive and kicking, when I should have been 'retired' early

Oh man what a dangerous opponent, 3 in row such a good hand . LoL

Is it just me but each pages get so short?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics