Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.25 - 97votes)

Taboo-Tattoo

Alt Names: alt 刻印 tabooalt タブー・タトゥーalt 禁忌咒纹alt Taboo Tattoo
Author: Shinjirou
Artist: Shinjirou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Seigi, a martial arts trained middle schooler, often feels driven to protect the weaker people around him. One day, he defends a homeless man against some punks, and the man gives him a strange tattoo on his palm in return. The tattoo is a secret weapon produced in the arms race between America and the Serinistan Kingdom.

Seigi finds himself in over his head when a powerful girl, using the same secret weapon, violently pursues him in order to retrieve it. His skill at martial arts may not be enough to keep him alive, but will he be able to learn how to trigger the power of his tattoo in time?
Go to Taboo-Tattoo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

192 Comments

I'm giving this one more issue. If the flashbock doesn't end there, I'm dropping it.

I'm a bit (very) lost. Would it be possible for someone with a better grasp of the plot to kindly explain to me uh... everything from like when Touko got a seal placed on her?

Where is the MC?  almost forgot him....LOL

Lasboss x Hero ...

also a game that kill one of main heroine become top too ...

FF 7 ? (shrugs ... don't want to get reminded about that stabbing from back)

the formula is quite clear ...

1. create character, either enemy or heroes ...

2. make them loveable by reader/fans/gamer ...

3. KILL THEM (preferably a GIRL, and in most cruel, tragic way if possible)

... rinse and repeat for LN, manga, anime ...

the formula can't be used repeatedly in a game ...

(except if it's continued)

several manga do this already ...

Sora no Otoshimono, Watashi no Messiah-sama, Akame ga KILL!, etc, etc ...

This is also the basic formula in several English novels lately (and their subsequent movies/shows). With the only exception being there's less of a female gets the death preference except in comics.

Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones), The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and the newer seasons of Doctor Who for example. Though if you really want to look at manga strategies I'd recommend Bakuman.

Dat cover...

Ranking goes like this:

Underboob

Cleavage

Sideboob

(Not counting full exposure)

Why rank them? They're all god damn amazing!!!

Dat cover...

Ranking goes like this:

Underboob

Cleavage

Sideboob

(Not counting full exposure)

Glad to see another chapter of this one, :)

What manga is that from? I feel like I've seen it somewhere before.

Lasboss x Hero ...

also a game that kill one of main heroine become top too ...

FF 7 ? (shrugs ... don't want to get reminded about that stabbing from back)

the formula is quite clear ...

1. create character, either enemy or heroes ...

2. make them loveable by reader/fans/gamer ...

3. KILL THEM (preferably a GIRL, and in most cruel, tragic way if possible)

... rinse and repeat for LN, manga, anime ...

the formula can't be used repeatedly in a game ...

(except if it's continued)

several manga do this already ...

Sora no Otoshimono, Watashi no Messiah-sama, Akame ga KILL!, etc, etc ...

Lasboss x Hero, a great manga

well ... just as it looks ... kill the character to make more popular ...

here's the "cliche" or "formula" to make ranking better in anime, game or manga ...

(I don't really like this)

Spoiler

Author need to understand that flashback is for plot/story progression or character introduction and not for action, honestly reading about the fights of a guy already dead really does not bring any value to the story.

Just give us what he achieve in that flashback will ya. This is not Assassin creed's animus here.

I already forgot what happen in the main story.

Damn, this flashback is fucking endless. BTW does anyone remember why that guy could regenerate himself? because its not like he became intangible as a defense method which would have been a more logical option since the guy is a void maker, and I really do not remember the details about his power. I am to lazy to re read the whole manga just for that detail so if anyone can answer that, I would be extremely grateful.

Is Guilty Crown plot style popular in Japan?

And Valvrave?

Killing main supporting characters randomly?

well ... just as it looks ... kill the character to make more popular ...

here's the "cliche" or "formula" to make ranking better in anime, game or manga ...

(I don't really like this)

Spoiler

Is Guilty Crown plot style popular in Japan?

And Valvrave?

Killing main supporting characters randomly?

Yep, that's a bad resource to use, I really hate when it happens... And now a way too long flashback, a boring resource, so far just a tiny bit of relevant information was revealed. I really don't care for that BB guy, I just wanna see how it gonna end now and hopefully it won't take long to happen.

I mostly continue to read it because this little flashback is a lot more interesting than the entire story so far was.

I mostly continue to read this in hopes of the same level of ecchi artwork as displayed in the 1st 2 or 3 pages every chapter. Always disappointed.

Speaking of artwork, does anyone else have a hard time differentiating between foreground and background on each page? The shading isn't ideal at all, and the author uses so much detail that none of it is distinct for my eyes. Most of the fight in this chapter was difficult to understand action-wise.

Spoiler

Well, I'm impressed.

3/5 story dont got me

Blargh.

Spoiler

Also, why is everyone getting so pissed at the MC? His reactions are normal... He's just a kid, thrust into some huge ordeal. Expecting someone with no experience to "man the hell up" given the circumstances is kind of ridiculous. He'll get there.

you kinda need to know BB's past if seigi is inheriting everything from him (his memories aswell i believe?) so it's natural they would have these kind of chapters squeezed in while seigi is unconscious, the author could also be having him dream as 1st person in BB's perspective about those past times to make the bridge between the knowledge he gained and how he incorporates it into him.  (if he didn't get any memory access that goes out the door tough)

I'll try and stick with it but the story got pretty dumb ever since that "BB" guy came and now that all this crazy shit happened I just don't even know anymore.

I agree with you, I do not hate that character but I too think that the plot has been pretty meh since he appeared and frankly I really do not care about that guy´s past so this last couple of chapters have been kinda boring to me. Thanks for the chapter and for your work

I'll try and stick with it but the story got pretty dumb ever since that "BB" guy came and now that all this crazy shit happened I just don't even know anymore.

Man I could really give 2 long, smelly shits about BB's past.

That princess is way too random, i can at least pinpoint Esdese personality, however i have no clue as to whether that princess is really evil or it's all a ruse form the start and she's just misguided

I agree. You have the chapter where she "wins" Touko and proceeds to molest her, which is played for laughs, and then you have the newer chapters... where she's just... crazy? Evil? Bitchy? I don't know. She keeps going back and forth between really likable and completely terrible.

Question for anyone that's read up to the current raw.

Spoiler

Don't worry this guy's not the main character!

These guys are BB and a new guy that showed up in the current  flashback arc.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics