Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 113votes)

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~

Alt Names: alt 冴えない彼女の育てかた~egoistic-lily~alt 路人女主的养成方法~egoistic-lily~alt How to Turn A Dull Girl into A Heroine~egoistic-lily~alt 시원찮은 그녀의 육성방법 ~egoistic-lily~alt SaeKano ~egoistic-lily~alt Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lilyalt Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ~Egoistic-Lily~alt Saenai Hiroin no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lilyalt Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lilyalt Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lily
Author: Maruto Fumiaki
Artist: Niito
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A highschool otaku named Aki Tomoya runs into his dream girl one day...only to find that she has the faintest presence to his chagrin!

Now with his otaku passions, Tomoya wants to turn the girl into a heroine in the only realm he is familiar with: 2D dating simulation game. To accomplish this objective, he scouts Sawamura Spencer Eriri, his half-foreigner childhood friend equipped with artistic talent, as the illustrator, and Kasumigaoka Utaha, a famous prodigy writer, as the script writer.

Oh, did we mention the dream girl's name?

Alternate Story:

> Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saenai-kanojo-heroine-no-sodatekata-r9674 )

> Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saenai-kanojo-heroine-no-sodatekata-koisuru-metronome-r10478 )
Go to Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Download Saenai Kanojo...Egoistic-Lily zips from Dropbox New Window anonymous preferred
  • 8 Replies

214 Comments

fuck with childhood friend route, we want childhood friend`s mom route~~

Ehh. This development. I dunno...

I dunno why exactly but suddenly I lose interest after this chapter

Well... I'm gonna wait for that long hair senpai and normal heroine story side

I did not lose interest but... If the all 5 light novel books (released so far) could be released in 3 manga tankōbon then the story was synthesized a lot.

Can he already see the ending?

I dunno why exactly but suddenly I lose interest after this chapter

Well... I'm gonna wait for that long hair senpai and normal heroine story side

This is getting interested...

dont really like this route it feels so forced like being childhood friends makes u love each other idk doesn't feel natural to me. i'll take that hot chick with the long black hair and 10/10 body mc can have the bitch tsundere.

"This love story doesn't seem natural or realistic enough, he shouldn't fall for the beautiful and talented girl he admires who he knows better than anyone else. It would make more sense for him to fall for the banging hot chick whose personality I never paid attention to (because if I did, I would know that she treats him like shit as much or more than this heroine), for the reason that she's totally hot and I'm sexually frustrated."

Did I get your meaning clearly enough?

On a totally different note, I honestly love seeing your troll comments pop up in the comments section. They're almost always a fun read, you clearly work hard at pushing people's buttons. Keep it up, Iceman

Itasha-Ferrari1

itasha

why is she mad? cant understand, im retard

Tsun *cough* Dere *cough*

dont really like this route it feels so forced like being childhood friends makes u love each other idk doesn't feel natural to me. i'll take that hot chick with the long black hair and 10/10 body mc can have the bitch tsundere.

why is she mad? cant understand, im retard

Hahaha

That title

Please stop being a wimp MC-kun...

Technically and chronologically, it was Eriri who made that 1st contact. And I have absolutely no doubt that Eriri was Tomoya's first love.

While true chronologically, she's not the first to make contact in the actual media, just the canon story. 

Honestly, I kind of wish they did away with this "first character on screen is the primary heroine" thing. I can't even really get into 99% of harem stories because you already know who, if the story isn't canned, the main girl will be until the very end. It would be nice if more harem stories actually gave the other girls a fighting chance to win the heart of the protagonist. 

Really am glad Eriri got her own spinoff at any rate. I always liked her the best. Wish the anime was Eriri's story, but that would never happen first anyway...

Love this manga <3. The art is stunning, almost perfect. Niito did a great job on adapting Misaki Kurehito art, didn't he?

I really like the protagonist, he's so badass as an otaku :)) Elily is just soo cute and the story is very interesting. I hope next chapter will be out soon. Thanks for scanlating this wonderful manga:3

btw I prefer egoistic-lily than the ogirinal one. The way the author & artist describe it better than original one.

Not in the original Saenai Kanojo, Kantou is the main heroine, but in this version Eriri is the main heroine. So, no reason to be disappointed.

In fact, in the final page of the latest chapter (14), I'm seeing a scene that I don't remember happened in the LN, so, be prepared for manga original end, I guess?

Almost the first girl to make contact (in a special way) with the MC is the heroine....I wonder who wrote that rule, hard to find things like ichigo 100% xD

Technically and chronologically, it was Eriri who made that 1st contact. And I have absolutely no doubt that Eriri was Tomoya's first love.

So basically the main heroine is not Eriri...T_T

No wonder the wallpaper for the anime announcement is the other short haired girl... And I was really excited too...

Not in the original Saenai Kanojo, Kantou is the main heroine, but in this version Eriri is the main heroine. So, no reason to be disappointed.

Almost the first girl to make contact (in a special way) with the MC is the heroine....I wonder who wrote that rule, hard to find things like ichigo 100% xD

So basically the main heroine is not Eriri...T_T

No wonder the wallpaper for the anime announcement is the other short haired girl... And I was really excited too...

What? Is this a spin off? Whats the difference with the original one? I really like that the childhood friend is the main heroine in this one too...

Yes, this is a spin off.

The differences are some scenes with other heroines are altered to make them more Eriri centered.

Like for example, the last scene of 1st arc (ch05) of this spin off, Eriri stayed with Tomoya while officially, Eriri left with Utaha, leaving Katou behind to take care of him.

Or how it completely skipped adapting LN2 because that volume is pretty much about Katou & Utaha. (One of the skipped scene here is tightly linked with LN4, which is why I believed that this spin off won't go beyond LN3)

And I'll be vague to avoid spoiler with regards to the current arc: scenes & events that resulted because of other heroines are altered, characters that haven't even appeared in LN showed up, etc... again, just to keep the focus on Eriri.

Adaptation-wise, it did its job albeit at the sacrifice of the development & personality of other characters.

I prefer if they animate this one than the original one :P

What? Is this a spin off? Whats the difference with the original one? I really like that the childhood friend is the main heroine in this one too...

It's not that Eriri wants him to like her erotica as much as Izumi's Litorafu doujins- in fact, she's probably be more insulted than anything if he did. What she's jealous of is Izumi's position of drawing Litorafu doujins alongside Tomoya's; a positon she kicked away seven years ago.

Tomoya is a fan, nothing more, nothing less. Seven years ago, the harder Eriri tried, the further she became from Tomoya, because he was too focused on telling the world how great her work is. In the end, Eriri was not a classmate, nor childhood friend, but merely an author whose works Tomoya liked. Unable to bear that kind of relationship, she threw him and her position beside him away.

But even though she rejected that kind of relationship for herself, she's still jealous of other people being in that position, because she fears her memories being overtaken, and rewritten by that person- whom in this case, is Izumi. She's funneling that fear into a fear of being overtaken as a doujin artist- something of which even she recognizes is irrational, most likely because she can't bring herself to admit it, or cannot express it properly. Note how she even says "I don't even know what I'm saying," and showing her state of confusion.

Really, there's blame on both sides. Eriri has never been honest about her feelings, and Tomoya is too much of a geek. It's not that Tomoya is just dense, it's that even if he notices, he can't understand, because he has never looked at Eriri as a person, but merely as an artist. It'd be a ridiculous idea for an artist or author to somehow have feelings for a random fan; and despite their closeness, that's the viewpoint Tomoya holds.

and thats the problem, Eriri is only interested in Tomoya and his opinion alone, she could care less about the world.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics