Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 113votes)

Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~

Alt Names: alt 冎えない圌女の育おかたegoistic-lilyalt 路人女䞻的养成方法~egoistic-lily~alt How to Turn A Dull Girl into A Heroine~egoistic-lily~alt 시원찮은 귞녀의 육성방법 ~egoistic-lily~alt SaeKano ~egoistic-lily~alt Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lilyalt Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ~Egoistic-Lily~alt Saenai Hiroin no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lilyalt Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lilyalt Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata - Egoistic-Lily
Author: Maruto Fumiaki
Artist: Niito
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A highschool otaku named Aki Tomoya runs into his dream girl one day...only to find that she has the faintest presence to his chagrin!

Now with his otaku passions, Tomoya wants to turn the girl into a heroine in the only realm he is familiar with: 2D dating simulation game. To accomplish this objective, he scouts Sawamura Spencer Eriri, his half-foreigner childhood friend equipped with artistic talent, as the illustrator, and Kasumigaoka Utaha, a famous prodigy writer, as the script writer.

Oh, did we mention the dream girl's name?

Alternate Story:

> Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saenai-kanojo-heroine-no-sodatekata-r9674 )

> Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata - Koisuru Metronome
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saenai-kanojo-heroine-no-sodatekata-koisuru-metronome-r10478 )
Go to Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Download Saenai Kanojo...Egoistic-Lily zips from Dropbox New Window anonymous preferred
  • 8 Replies

214 Comments

It kind of felt...lacking resolution.

Spoiler

So now that I got that out my system,thanks for the update.

Volume 3 cover (final volume):

Spoiler

so far i don't like the childhood friend, almost at all.I understand she was hurt and whatever but she really just doesn't care about the guy at all,it's basically he should be the one to worship her,and nothing she does is ever wrong,and he's to blame for the crap in the past all because she was worried about her image over having a real friend than being an ass to said friend.Well what it comes down to is they are both cowards and were too afraid to do anything about it, but i reeaalllyy hate her attitude.

something like Amagami anime/manga adaptions??
I just want to know if the original LN isn't as Eriri centric?, because as I have read more of this manga than the LN or the other mangas, this manga works as the center focus for this series (I hate that, because I don't like Eriri xD)

From what I know, Katou is the main heroine of this series, I mean light novel

Actually something to keep in mind is this is an Alternate Story. This probably used the first 2 novels and then gives the story an ending around Eriri. That's why it's so short, because the rest of the novels focus on things that aren't important to his friendship with Eriri. It's like a manga based on a dating sim. Take out everything involving the other heroines and just focus on what's important for the female the manga is centered around.
More than likely the only SaeKano that is a true adaption of the LN is the one with Moriki Takeshi as the artist. (and doesn't have any extra words after the title)

something like Amagami anime/manga adaptions??
I just want to know if the original LN isn't as Eriri centric?, because as I have read more of this manga than the LN or the other mangas, this manga works as the center focus for this series (I hate that, because I don't like Eriri xD)

Spoiler

I believe that I've already said this before in the comment here, but -egoistic lily- only adapt LN1 & LN3. It practically skipped over LN2 and does not touch any content from LN4,5&6.

Let alone this is an Eriri centric spin-off. Events surrounding other characters & their developments are either cut out or altered. For example, in LN3, the one telling Tomoya to "conquer the childhood friend heroine" was Utaha, and with a suggestion from Katou not Eriri's mother. Eriri's parent, at least until LN5, have not made their appearance in the LN.

Spoiler

Actually something to keep in mind is this is an Alternate Story. This probably used the first 2 novels and then gives the story an ending around Eriri. That's why it's so short, because the rest of the novels focus on things that aren't important to his friendship with Eriri. It's like a manga based on a dating sim. Take out everything involving the other heroines and just focus on what's important for the female the manga is centered around.
More than likely the only SaeKano that is a true adaption of the LN is the one with Moriki Takeshi as the artist. (and doesn't have any extra words after the title)
Saenai Kanojo (Heroine) no Sodatekata ~egoistic-lily~ will end tomorrow in Young Ace.

*Fist bump*

The feeling of satisfaction when the story you painstakingly follow turns into something worth reading.

Spoiler

Yup, definitely worth reading.

Woah. This is getting pretty real. I can really, really relate to Tomoya.

who wants some spoilers??? hehehe...

btw Eriri's mom FTW!!!

Ohhh it's getting good now! No wonder Tomoya was being the way he was. Now this is rare, the girl wronging the boy. Usually it goes dumb dense MC fcks up and doesn't realize it. In this story is looks like both of them hurt each other. The characters are a lot more sympathetic now that neither of them are being portrayed as the dense/dumb ones.

I did not lose interest but... If the all 5 light novel books (released so far) could be released in 3 manga tankōbon then the story was synthesized a lot.

You'd be surprised how much content in light novels are totally superfluous to a anime/manga adaptation. Endlessly excessive internal monologues, setting and character descriptors, entire scenes played entirely for quick gags, the works... Might still be considered on the low side but I wouldn't doubt if it was missing nothing important. 

Really am kinda surprised Eriri made him cry. Honestly, now that I know exactly what went on between them several years prior, I'm kinda shocked that she didn't feel she had anything to apologize for. Having your closest friend publicly denounce you after you didn't even really do anything wrong and begin publicly snickering at you for your hobbies (that she shares privately) over the next several years definitely isn't something to scoff at.

this time, heroine made main character cry 

First time seeing my own name (Spencer) used in a manga, let alone as a girls name... not quite sure how I feel about this.

Childhood friends = friendzoned. The most difficult route in reality.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure Iceman was also trolling in the old One Manga Forums. If true, then that's a long, pathetic career of trolling.

WTF? Lilly made cry the MC?

Dat speed trans thanks norway scans love you <3
Ahahaha, oh wow. I really love Eriri's mother.

fuck with childhood friend route, we want childhood friend`s mom route~~

Can't it be both?!

Spoiler

With "Uma Uma" on it!
Spoiler

holy shit that mom is so young.

but YES ERIRIN ROUTE START!

fuck with childhood friend route, we want childhood friend`s mom route~~

exactly!!! I doubt she is legal when she's married! She's too young xD

well, here is the interesting part

Tomoya has entered Keima-mode

Search Comics