Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 90votes)

Tohai Densetsu Akagi

Alt Names: alt Akagialt Akagi - The Genius who Fell into the Darknessalt Akagi - Yami ni Oritatta Tensaialt Akagi~Yami ni Oritatte Tensai~alt アカギalt アカギ ~闇に降り立った天才~alt 鬥牌傳說alt 闘牌伝説アカギ 闇に舞い降りた天才alt Legend of Mahjong: Akagialt Mahjong Legend Akagialt Mahjong Legend Akagi: The Genius Who Descended Into the Darkness
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A genius who fell into darkness. The god of the underworld.

Akagi Shigeru runs from a Chicken race where he almost died to a Mahjong parlor, where a man is losing all his money to the Yakuza. Akagi, who is only 13, tells him that he plays it wrong, although he has never played the game before. Akagi then replaces him in the game, and there a legend is born.

When the police come to check in on the parlor to see if the child that ran from the Chicken race is there, they deny the relation of Akagi to the chicken fight. In the end the policeman invites Akagi to a much more organized Mahjong game and from there the legends only continue to develop.

Spin-Off:

- Washizu -Enma no Touhai- (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/washizu-enma-no-touhai-r4536)
Go to Tohai Densetsu Akagi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Missing chapters? where they go? T.T New Window Zonambulous
  • 3 Replies

260 Comments

Spoiler contains info on the announcement in posted in the latest Kindai magazine:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler contains info on the announcement in posted in the latest Kindai magazine:

Spoiler

HOLY BANANA, i wanna read more, what will happen next ? i can't waiiiiiiiiit !

Thanks FKMTkrazy for delaying 290 so that you could release it alongside 291. I appreciate that decision. :)

No, Akagi can't kan any more, he only has one tile. You can't kan a discard with an open pon. Also that would be suu kantsu, when one person kans 4 times it isn't a drawn game, it's a yakuman.

I meant Washizu calling kan with his new draw on one of the triplets he's probably going to call soon.

Ehm, I don't know how Washizu and co. forgot that Yasuoka has two of the 9p. And they're transparent too, so they should have noticed.

Washizu needs to discard his 9p for his win, Yasuoka can pon that, giving Washizu an additional draw. That draw could be Akagi's 5s or even a tile he can kan. If it really is a kan tile and he calls kan and doesn't win from the dead-wall draw, the game would be an abortive draw because of the 4th kan, and we could have another game to enjoy for 10 years.

No, Akagi can't kan any more, he only has one tile. You can't kan a discard with an open pon. Also that would be suu kantsu, when one person kans 4 times it isn't a drawn game, it's a yakuman.

Ehm, I don't know how Washizu and co. forgot that Yasuoka has two of the 9p. And they're transparent too, so they should have noticed.

Washizu needs to discard his 9p for his win, Yasuoka can pon that, giving Washizu an additional draw. That draw could be Akagi's 5s or even a tile he can kan. If it really is a kan tile and he calls kan and doesn't win from the dead-wall draw, the game would be an abortive draw because of the 4th kan, and we could have another game to enjoy for 10 years.

Oh, don't tell me Washizu is going to become an hero to let Akagi live.

289 chapters and counting vs. 1155 chapters and counting.

I think not.

You have to covert those numbers for it to be a proper comparison.

Akagi gets a new chapter once a month.

Ippo gets one every 8.5 days.

Ippo will hit chapter 1200 before Akagi even hits chapter 300.

What. The. Flying. Frag. Seriously. Seriously. Seriously! FFS, this manga will take longer to finish than Ippo.

289 chapters and counting vs. 1155 chapters and counting.

I think not.

What. The. Flying. Frag. Seriously. Seriously. Seriously! FFS, this manga will take longer to finish than Ippo.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

Well since no progress, about the magazine front cover.... dibs on girls #1 and #3 at the top.

If Akagi calls Pon, he won't be able to draw again until after Washizu. He'll have to go into a closed wait on his 3 or 5 sou and hope that Yasuoka draws the other ton (or that Washizu doesn't).

We've known what he did for 2 weeks now. <.<

Plan for the next few chapters:

1. Yasuoka draws something (maybe one of the two remaining Tons) but Akagi asks him to discard his 2-sou.
2. Akagi calls Pon, his next draw is the final 2-sou to complete his Yakuman hand.
3. He fails to get the Rinshan draw, but his tile is opaque.
4. Akagi hangs on to the opaque tile, Yasuoka can't get a good draw and Washizu will probably draw one of the Tons he needs. However he will need to discard something to confirm his win but won't have a clue what to discard because Akagi is sitting on an opaque tile.
5. If Washizu avoids dealing in, Akagi will continue to draw opaque tiles for further interference against Washizu. It will probably come down to Washizu's final draw and discard which will determine his death. Since Akagi survives to Ten, the only thing remaining is guessing which tile Washizu kills himself on.

If Akagi calls Pon, he won't be able to draw again until after Washizu. He'll have to go into a closed wait on his 3 or 5 sou and hope that Yasuoka draws the other ton (or that Washizu doesn't).

Plan for the next few chapters:

1. Yasuoka draws something (maybe one of the two remaining Tons) but Akagi asks him to discard his 2-sou.

2. Akagi calls Pon, his next draw is the final 2-sou to complete his Yakuman hand.

3. He fails to get the Rinshan draw, but his tile is opaque.

4. Akagi hangs on to the opaque tile, Yasuoka can't get a good draw and Washizu will probably draw one of the Tons he needs. However he will need to discard something to confirm his win but won't have a clue what to discard because Akagi is sitting on an opaque tile.

5. If Washizu avoids dealing in, Akagi will continue to draw opaque tiles for further interference against Washizu. It will probably come down to Washizu's final draw and discard which will determine his death. Since Akagi survives to Ten, the only thing remaining is guessing which tile Washizu kills himself on.

It's like the event horizon, the closer you get to it the slower everything moves. 

I have to say this is the best description for this manga I have ever seen.

I don't know why I'm so disappointed, but damn.

I came over from the anime show to see how it all ended, read up to

Spoiler

It's like the event horizon, the closer you get to it the slower everything moves. You should read anyway, were right on the last few draws (probably) and it's been fantastic up to this point.

I don't know why I'm so disappointed, but damn.

I came over from the anime show to see how it all ended, read up to

Spoiler

poor ten, i hope he at least made it to the top 10 behind ichikawa 

Nice prediction regarding the potential kan on the 2-sou.  Now that Akagi's drawn the Xia for the dora indicator, Washizu's remaining outs are Nan x 1, Ton x 2.  If Akagi does draw the 2-sou, here's my prediction for what could happen next:

Spoiler

A ron off Suzuki with a yakuman wouldn't be enough to overcome the point difference, it would have to be a double yakuman. So Suzuki can't be suppressed; only Washizu can. In fact, Suzuki kind of wants Akagi to ron off him; that would win the game for Washizu.

Nice prediction regarding the potential kan on the 2-sou.  Now that Akagi's drawn the Xia for the dora indicator, Washizu's remaining outs are Nan x 1, Ton x 2.  If Akagi does draw the 2-sou, here's my prediction for what could happen next:

Spoiler

If I didn't know that we're caught up to the current releases, I'd think you were spoiling me from the raws and pretending it was speculation. Your theory sounds that legit, it might just happen.

He drew that 2, and I knew he was going to kan. 

Now he takes the next dora indicator (to jack his dora count up even higher), then draws another 2, and discards the 3 or 5.  Then Yasuoka discards his 2 sou, allowing Akagi to get a 4th kan, and one final draw to complete the single wait for tsumo.

Of course that would be too easy, so there will be some shift back to Washizu for a bit.  But I'm not sure how they're going to stop him once he starts his dragon run.

Spoiler

He drew that 2, and I knew he was going to kan. 

Now he takes the next dora indicator (to jack his dora count up even higher), then draws another 2, and discards the 3 or 5.  Then Yasuoka discards his 2 sou, allowing Akagi to get a 4th kan, and one final draw to complete the single wait for tsumo.

Of course that would be too easy, so there will be some shift back to Washizu for a bit.  But I'm not sure how they're going to stop him once he starts his dragon run.

I can tell I've been learning mahjong because I was anticipating that future kan to become a plot point!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics