Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 102votes)

Shounen Oujo

Alt Names: alt 少年王女alt Boy Princess (YUKIHIRO Utako)alt Mimic Royal Princessalt Shonen Ohjoalt Shonen Oujo
Author: Musashino Zenko & Yukihiro Utako
Artist: Yukihiro Utako
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyGender Bender Gender BenderJosei JoseiMystery MysteryShoujo ShoujoTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a country where women rule supreme lives a poor but happy boy named Albert. An excursion to the city turns dangerous when he and his friend are abducted by slave traders, and later purchased by a noblewoman's servant. If this wasn't crazy enough, it turns out Albert looks exactly like the noblewoman who purchased him. But she's no ordinary aristocrat. She's a princess! And he's to act as her double from today on!?

http://comic-it.jp/lineup/syonenoujo/
Go to Shounen Oujo Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Discussion on Setting: Female Dominated Society? New Window Ibizen Thoth
  • 6 Replies
Topic Drama CD Announced New Window Aquamiki
  • 0 Replies
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window dark.chii
  • 13 Replies

201 Comments

Spoiler

When I see this manga got updated I knew someone would post this picture :)

Yesssss! The new volume! IT BEGINS. 

Man, the more I read, the more I really come to appreciate the art and character designs. They're really great.

Since it's alive, I'm following this scanlator and manga series.  Yay!

Honestly who cares if they decided to set it as a female dominated world?  If the setting works for the story and you enjoy the story do you really expect the author to write out a world history for how their setting came to be?

it's precisely because a majority of the world and pretty much all of the first world countries are a patriarchy that such thinking occurs. 

Hm. Its almost June, meaning spring's pretty much over. Anyone know if the volume was released yet?

most of the volume has been released but the people translating probably aren't going to work on it until the whole volume is released. Right now it's only up to chapter 19 for volume 3 but its intended to go up to 20. It's on hiatus though for chapter 20. 

http://sylphalchemist.wordpress.com/spoilers/ongoin/shounen-oujo-boy-princess/

This has spoilers for up to chapter 19

Hm. Its almost June, meaning spring's pretty much over. Anyone know if the volume was released yet?

Honestly who cares if they decided to set it as a female dominated world?  If the setting works for the story and you enjoy the story do you really expect the author to write out a world history for how their setting came to be?

Anyone notice that this manga made an appearance right around 1:05 in the latest episode of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo?
Well, I have to say, I'm happy that I read through the cringe inducing frontmatter, and got to the good stuff. Surprising depth for such a series, and a lot of thanks to the author for not going the easy route of shounen ai.

I'm probably no big fan of the series' main premise of female dominated society unless some more explanation or illumination on the matter were given, as I'm pretty sure that one can exist, but only with certain circumstances first put forth. Unfortunately, setting the society against an expressly European background detracts credibility, though I guess it is forgivable, as the setting serves more as a backdrop than an actual setting.
For anyone who reads this comment thinking in terms of European history (like Queen Elizabeth *cough), it's more accurate for this story to have been influenced by the legend-history of Pimiko, the ancient Shaman Queen of the Kingdom of Wa (aka, Japan).

Pimiko was basically placed in power after tribal chieftains decided that to stop the fighting*** a woman should take power (but of course in reality she was most likely a figurehead queen that the chieftains agreed to cooperate underneath), so placing this story mostly in the perspective of female European rulers isn't the best way to discuss the manga.

The whole fancy European-inspired setting that the manga presents is, from my experience in reading manga, just a way for the author to capture the Japanese reader's attention. After all, anything foreign/different = 'cool', like how people here in the states get hyped over ninjas and samurai.

***you can relate this idea from Pimiko's story with the whole spiel in the manga that the Queen exists so there is no more war and that the country will continue to exist and not just disappear. The whole woman on top thing is a plot thrown in to make it more interesting.
This is far more interesting than I first thought.
I felt that this is more shounen than shoujo
It never was proven that Albert and Alexia were blood related. They just look identical. So now we wonder if Oliver really is related to the royal family or if he has just been told as such or even more if there is another intertwining and confusing explanation.
Oh My... O.O Again, I screamed with the last page...

Now we have to wait for the next chapter?? I don't want to .___.
The mangaka sure knows how to leave us on a cliffhanger.
Though, it's rather short for multiple chapters, don't you think? o-O
AMG WHY DOES IT HAVE TO STOP NOW FGVBHJNU
Holy shiit!
So Albert and that guy are siblings?!
Olivier: Hey guys, now you're my bitches!
Men: YAAAA... wait, isn't that what you call a "female" dog? Female is no good...
Olivier: Ooookay, how about "Hey guys, now you're my dogs!"
Men: YAAAAAY!!!
Oh man, I can't take this wait for months!
@zipperz
Hmm... well, wiki says this regarding matriarchies.

Most anthropologists hold that there are no known societies that are unambiguously matriarchal.. However, this reluctance to accept the existence of matriarchies might be based on a specific, culturally biased notion of how to define 'matriarchy': because in a patriarchy 'men rule over women', a matriarchy has frequently been conceptualized as 'women ruling over men', whereas in reality women-centered societies are - largely without exception - egalitarian.

@zipperz i think i have an idea. in england queen elizabeth was a respected leader but many of her advisors were men and society was still patriarchal. how is it that women get so much power in society as a whole? by nature women are physically weaker and build up strength slower without supplements, so in history usually civilizations were patriarchal since they had the power to push around woman. in the past, those with more physical strength always ruled.

civilization comes to be matriarchal only if you seperate the oppressed party to stifle uprisings by making sure they never have the numbers to fight back. if you noticed men being oppressed were always alone. the oppurtunity for an uprising came when they let a large group of foreigners into their county. they allowed the men of the country to assemble during the chaos which = overthrow maybe i am reading too much into this, but thats what it looks like what happened
@Lillyrose119, the queen has given birth to 2 sets of twins, when she 1st gave birth, Olivieres sister died from being strangled by the umbilical cord and the son (Olivier) was exiled, years later she gave birth to a 2nd set of twins, Albert and Alexia, Albert was exiled and Alexia was raised to be the princess.*****************
@Lillyrose119, the queen has give birth to 2 sets of twins, when she 1st gave birth Olivieres sister died from being strangled by the umblical cord and the son (Olivier) was exiled, years later she gave birth to a 2nd set of twins, Alber and Alexia, Albert was exiled and Alexia was raised to be the princess.
Is it just me or did Olivier just call the queen "mother" and if he did then does that mean that he's the twin.
And if that's true ...
THEN WHO THE F@#$ IS ALBERT!!!
to see what i mean go to http://vatoto.com/read/_/144423/shounen-oujo_v2_ch14_by_hachimitsu-scans/17
I hope that means a February release at least, and not a May one......
so hyped...saw last page, read "next volume is out spring 2013"... ...NOooooooooooooooooooooo

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics