Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 174votes)

Youkai Apaato no Yuuga na Nichijou

Alt Names: alt 妖怪アパートの幽雅な日常alt 妖怪公寓里优雅的日常生活alt Elegant Yokai Apartment Life (Official English Title)alt Refined Daily Life at the Monster Apartmentalt The Youkai Apartment's Everyday Refinementalt The Youkai Apartment's Refined Everyday Lifealt Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijoualt Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou
Author: Kouduki Hinowa
Artist: Miyama Waka
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysterySlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inaba Yuushi's parents died in his first year of middle school, and he moved in with his relatives. Though they did care for him, he could tell he was a burden. After he graduated, he happily prepared to move to a high school with a dormitory. Unfortunately, the dormitory burned to the ground before he could move in! Yuushi doesn't want to live with his grudging relatives, but it's rough finding lodging as an orphaned student with little money. He finally finds a room in a nice old building which seems too good to be true.

The catch is that it is a Monster House, a place where humans and supernatural creatures--ghosts, mononoke, etc.-- live together. Another high schooler lives there, a cute girl named Akine, and she's completely unfazed by the monsters. In fact, she can even exorcise evil spirits! Yuushi's high school life just got much stranger than he ever bargained for!
Go to Youkai Apaato no Yuuga na Nichijou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window Wireghost1212
  • 2 Replies
Topic Irresponsible awful things New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies

192 Comments

He ded. R.I.P

we barely have mountains, and due to Australia's variable precipitation, its not uncommon to get halfway through winter with no snow at all, with very little total. Australian snow is mostly artificial. but our tourism board must be doing something right, as people keep coming. rich people going to do rich people things (which apparently doesn't include New Zealand)

Pretty sure it should prolly be Austria? :D

Skiing...in Australia....?!?!

we barely have mountains, and due to Australia's variable precipitation, its not uncommon to get halfway through winter with no snow at all, with very little total. Australian snow is mostly artificial. but our tourism board must be doing something right, as people keep coming. rich people going to do rich people things (which apparently doesn't include New Zealand)

Spoiler

So... is it time for the shounen-ai tag yet.

I bet he'll later return and complain that there's nothing but desert there LOL

They have mountains. Snow is attracted to mountains.

Watching him desperately cling to the remnants of his pride. :)

Its tough being a straight male in a role meant for a shoujo lead.  

Don't train without enough energy intake guys mmm...

I saw the added tag too. However, just because it was added, it doesn't mean it's actually true. Anyone can go in and change the tags at any time. Right now I could add a Smut, 4-koma, and cooking tag if I wanted. It doesn't mean that this manga is actually any of those things.  Except, we all know this is really a cooking manga disguised as shounen. I want to marry that ghost.

Unless someone who has read the novels or really far ahead in the manga confirms it, I'll remain skeptical about it. Until then, it's just occasional bromance.

I know that, just pointing that out cause the last time some one did that it got taken down immediately. (the tag that is)

Psch, everybody know this is a cooking manga.

Oh wow, some one finally added the shonen ai tag.

I saw the added tag too. However, just because it was added, it doesn't mean it's actually true. Anyone can go in and change the tags at any time. Right now I could add a Smut, 4-koma, and cooking tag if I wanted. It doesn't mean that this manga is actually any of those things.  Except, we all know this is really a cooking manga disguised as shounen. I want to marry that ghost.

Unless someone who has read the novels or really far ahead in the manga confirms it, I'll remain skeptical about it. Until then, it's just occasional bromance.

Meh, I'm sure they switch roles back and forth.

Well, they're both husbands....

Oh wow, some one finally added the shonen ai tag.

*husband*

Meh, I'm sure they switch roles back and forth.

And then the wife came, saw his injuries, then in his fury smacked the shit out of his face.

*husband*

And then the wife came, saw his injuries, then in his fury smacked the shit out of his face.

Those poor teachers... Years worth of course plans, quizzes, tests, and supplementary materials... all that hard work gone in an instant..

Well, rather than him being a douche, it's more that he can't get over his insecurities and is trying to rationalize them.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.  Yes, he's doing that.  But, lots of people can't get over their insecurities and try to rationalize them . . . without trying to rape or kill people.  He does it the way he does it because on top of being insecure etc., he's a douche.  He's a self-absorbed selfish jerk who doesn't care about other people, so there's little stopping him from lashing out when he gets upset because of real or imagined mistreatment.

The mid-to-last part of today's chapter shook my mental foundations, so to say. It's true...

Yeah.  But I respect that.  It's like, it's not so simple, and the spirits may be there but we can't just blame all our sins on "monsters from the id" or whatever--the actual person can still be a douche all by themselves.

Well, rather than him being a douche, it's more that he can't get over his insecurities and is trying to rationalize them.

I really want that cook ghost mmm...

And yes... again this manga makes me hungry even though this is not a cooking manga mmm...

Whoa, surprising downer ending to that arc.

Yeah.  But I respect that.  It's like, it's not so simple, and the spirits may be there but we can't just blame all our sins on "monsters from the id" or whatever--the actual person can still be a douche all by themselves.

Whoa, surprising downer ending to that arc.

The whole "must have been fate" thing makes me wanna barf, but other than that, good chapter.

Goddammit. Again eating, on the first page.

This manga is teasing me.

Yep, youkai releases are scheduled monthly! :D

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics