Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

Don't say "when i win, i'll confess her", just don't.,
Will Shinobu get a rest alredy? Good lord let her win against him at least once.

I have mixed feelings right now

Damn you Suetsugu-sensei!! How can you make this so damn good????!!!

I know Arata's gone through a lot, but I'm really dying for Shinobu to win. I want to set up the epic final match between her and Chihaya. Where it could be the best of the best, and not the best of the best except for Arata.

I discovered that there's new feels in the earlier chapters. For example:

Spoiler

Now, should I cheer for Komano or Hyoro...

This is the harder decision I had to face in this whole Manga. It simply can't be done...
After hundreds of chapters, finally we have arata's character development on main stage. I'm happy

Now, should I cheer for Komano or Hyoro...

So it seems Arata is finally moving on from that childhood memory that he's been holding onto for so many years.

It's really awesome to see him go through this character growth.

Seems like an unnecessarily vehement rant on said second rate fictional character's weight...

Is anything ever really necessary though? But I don't disagree with you.

I'm an adult and I definitely didn't tear up when they all took the Chihaya card. Definitely didn't. Did not. Totally a normal, mature adult.

When will someone finally fill that gap between translated chapters?

so many feelings............. so much emotion i just--- HOW IS THIS SO TOUCHING

I swear that didn't feel like 30 pages. Is it the manga' pacing or my ravenous hunger for Chihayafuru that makes it seem so short, I wonder?

both...

it feels even shorter than 20 pages manga

I swear that didn't feel like 30 pages. Is it the manga's pacing or my ravenous hunger for Chihayafuru that makes it seem so short, I wonder?

"These 3 years, what have I spent them on exactly?"

Well, to answer your question, 2nd-rate fictional character; with your only effective technique being throwing around your weight like a wild boar with a one-track mind, last time with the barrel roll, and this time with that collision into your opponent--I'd say you were stuffing your face with meat buns, and other food non-stop. Wonders why he's so slow to take cards...it's because you have an inferiority complex, and that you're FAT! The entire reason why Chihaya and co. call you Meat-bun at all, is because you're always stuffing your damn face. That has never been more evident when sitting next to Chihaya, though being shorter than her, your waist size looks to be 3x wider than hers. Even the flashback when Chihaya is consoling you in the same chapter, has you still eating!

Spoiler

Seems like an unnecessarily vehement rant on said second rate fictional character's weight...

"These 3 years, what have I spent them on exactly?"

Well, to answer your question, 2nd-rate fictional character; with your only effective technique being throwing around your weight like a wild boar with a one-track mind, last time with the barrel roll, and this time with that collision into your opponent--I'd say you were stuffing your face with meat buns, and other food non-stop. Wonders why he's so slow to take cards...it's because you have an inferiority complex, and that you're FAT! The entire reason why Chihaya and co. call you Meat-bun at all, is because you're always stuffing your damn face. That has never been more evident when sitting next to Chihaya, though being shorter than her, your waist size looks to be 3x wider than hers. Even the flashback when Chihaya is consoling you in the same chapter, has you still eating!

Spoiler

Can you really call it a curse though lol? I mean Shinobu respect's Arata A LOT, even more than the current meijin. and some can argue she maybe even  has romantic feelings for him. I believe Shinobu would rather lose to Arata than anyone other karuta player out there.

But I am really curious to see how their match will play out, Arata seemed to get his groove back at the cost of Nishida but I wonder what's really going on his head. I mean lets not forget he nearly decided to quit the individual tournament, to me that's like a sign of the Apocalypse or something haha.

well.. i also think the same thing... but it's like she's cursed since she never lost to anyone other than Arata (and the meijin)

now we'll see how Arata will come back to his game? I wonder if he'll snap back to his game by his own, or because of Queen or Chihaya?

oh well.. I wonder if mangaka will let Queen win this time or will she let Queen keep that Arata curse lol

Can you really call it a curse though lol? I mean Shinobu respect's Arata A LOT, even more than the current meijin. and some can argue she maybe even  has romantic feelings for him. I believe Shinobu would rather lose to Arata than anyone other karuta player out there.

But I am really curious to see how their match will play out, Arata seemed to get his groove back at the cost of Nishida but I wonder what's really going on his head. I mean lets not forget he nearly decided to quit the individual tournament, to me that's like a sign of the Apocalypse or something haha.

Actually... we know that she will play queen match this year. It's in the first chapter. Then there is time skip 6 years back in time when she met Arata and so on. Now we are nearly at the time of first chapter.

Oh man, I totally didn't remember that so I went back to look at it and almost ended up reading the whole thing again. >.<

Spoiler

• lzy likes this

Actually... we know that she will play queen match this year. It's in the first chapter. Then there is time skip 6 years back in time when she met Arata and so on. Now we are nearly at the time of first chapter.

Spoiler

i'm so sorry Nishida... it has been so long that I forgot you have a history with Arata

NiKUMAN-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a good senpai

now we'll see how Arata will come back to his game? I wonder if he'll snap back to his game by his own, or because of Queen or Chihaya?

oh well.. I wonder if mangaka will let Queen win this time or will she let Queen keep that Arata curse lol

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics