Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 93votes)

Tegami Bachi

Alt Names: alt ผึ้งจดหมายalt 信蜂alt テガミバチalt Letter Beealt Ong Đưa Thưalt زنبور نامه بر
Author: Asada Hiroyuki
Artist: Asada Hiroyuki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tegami Bachi (or Letter Bees) are couriers that deliver important letters and packages (which carry a part of the sender's heart) throughout the land of eternal dusk, Amber Ground. Gaichu are insectoid monsters that feed on the hearts (feelings) of humans.

The story revolves around Lag Seeing, a young boy who was born on The Day of Flicker, 12 years ago when the man-made sun went momentarily dark for unknown reasons. The manga follows his ambition to become a Letter Bee and how he follows the path of his idol Gauche Suede who went missing...

Together with his trusty dingo, "Niche", he will make new friends, face many perils, feel happiness, sadness, pain, come face to face with the darkest secrets of Amber Ground and the truth about himself.
Go to Tegami Bachi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Horror genre? New Window KanameFujiwara
  • 0 Replies
Topic Plot New Window Gizmos
  • 4 Replies

114 Comments

KarchAmadeo
Nov 02 2015 11:37 PM

The end is in sight, Lag had a growth spurt and nonetheless he is still Jukujo bait.

It's been so long and now that I'm caught up thanks to binge reading.....
Feels? What are those?
-proceeds to ramble on about it to everyone-

Spoiler

Whew.
This manga really is read better after a couple chapters. It's really...atmospheric. I dunno how some of you read chapter by chapter ;w; Kudos.

Ch 88 has a typo on page 22, left eye not right eye.

Pages 29 and 30 are a spread, not separate.

(sarcasm) oh no \(°д°)/ (sarcasm end)

Ch 88 has a typo on page 22, left eye not right eye.

Pages 29 and 30 are a spread, not separate.

http://schin-ken.tumblr.com/post/126911958563/missing-pages-in-chapter-8084

I've just updated chapter 80 & 84. It is quite late, i know.

It'll be up when it is up. Probably in a few hours.

KarchAmadeo
Sep 28 2015 12:48 PM

Wonder how the people will react. 

Spoiler

I get the feeling Lag's sacrificed something BIG to get this power...

Maybe his feelings of attachment towards others?

Bless these updates.

Mature Lag is awesome... well maybe not "mature" per se, but I have a good feeling about the approaching ending!!

Hmmm, wasnt there some guy who predicted alot of the things concerning the man made sun? If any1 could link those comments or discussions somewhere id be grateful, cuz we need to give those far seers a buncha cookies.

Thank you for your kind words :)

I'm sorry that I just could you offer this much.

And unfortunately I couldn't make out all the names for the chapters ^^"

thank you so much for these updates!

Fixed the uploads. The dropbox .zip file seems broken and the naming is a bit messed up. Anyways, sorry for the inconvenience!

The scanlator is looking for translator(s), contact him on his tumblr blog if you're interested.

it-it's alive! god bless you, schin-ken.

edit: er, well, it's almost alive? looks like there are some upload issues.

edit 2: GOD BLESS YOU.

I have typeset the Chapters 72-80.

The Chapters can be watched at my tumblr, (http://schin-ken.tumblr.com/)

as I tried to upload them here, but it doesn't work?

Or do I have to wait some time, for them to be approved?

I can do the rest until Chapter 86, than I've run out of translations :/

So If someone know someone, who might want to translate from Chinese, you can send me a message.

Well, the manga seems to be coming to a close. After running through the remaining LAG translations, I hope another group will pick up the series.

Thank you.

Well, I have completely given up on proofreading and quality checking for now. (The group in general has been essentially scrapped at the moment.)

If you wanna do something, offer to proofread the chapters. Otherwise, stop complaining T_T

I'm not complaining. I'm not even being rude about it. I'm pointing out that there's a problem with the translation in the most polite way I can. I appreciate the effort you put, but your work is not perfect either and I think a little of criticism won't hurt If It means It can be improved.
I understand there may be issues. Like I said, It could be the fact that is hard to translate from Chinese raws. It could be anything, really. I'm not an ass who doesn't keep in mind that scanlation groups are people, you know?

Anyway, thanks for at least giving an explanation. I dunno what a proofreader exactly does, but the problems I see on these latest chapters are more on a "sentence-making-sense" level, If I'm explaining myself clearly, like people needing to interpret better the text, so It doesn't gives you a odd feeling. Is hard to explain...

That being said, I'm worried about what you just informed us about the scanlation group. If It is being difficult translating this for your group, and don't take this the wrong way, may I suggest trying to find another group who will translate this? Maybe another group from Batoto who also translates shounen manga? I'm mostly saying this because honestly I don't want people working on something and suffering for it or anything like that... I like to believe scanlators do this because they want to, and not because they "have to". And you telling me you have "completely given up" is giving me that vibe.

Thank you for taking the time for replying

hm 70 to 71 doesn't seem right.  missing a chapter?

Oh my God is alive!!!! Thank you!!

edit: The translations are a little bit weird... Is there something that can be done about that? I'm sure you guys take the chinese ras for this chapters but It can get hard to understand...

Well, I have completely given up on proofreading and quality checking for now. (The group in general has been essentially scrapped at the moment.)

If you wanna do something, offer to proofread the chapters. Otherwise, stop complaining T_T

Oh my God is alive!!!! Thank you!!

edit: The translations are a little bit weird... Is there something that can be done about that? I'm sure you guys take the chinese ras for this chapters but It can get hard to understand...

Damn this is some real tear-jerking chapter.

That was a real tearjerker!

Picked up volume 17 the other day so Viz is still publishing it

Yeah, they stopped printing the manga in the U.S to my knowledge, lol.  My store doesn't even have it in the database.

Dunno if they stopped in the US, I know that the latest released volume (Vol 16) which came out in March 2014 ends on Chp 70.

THAT UPDATE. -CLUTCHES HEART- is it just me who thinks this manga is way too underrated? :9

Yeah, they stopped printing the manga in the U.S to my knowledge, lol.  My store doesn't even have it in the database.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics