Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 64votes)

C.M.B. - Shinra Hakubutsukan no Jiken Mokuroku

Alt Names: alt C.M.B Shinra Hakubutsukan no Jiken Mokurokualt C.M.B.alt C.M.B. 森羅博物館の事件目録alt C.M.B.森羅博物館之事件目錄alt CMB - Christus Mansionem Benedicat - The Shinra Museum's Case Indexalt C.M.B.森羅博物館の事件目録
Author: Katou Motohiro
Artist: Katou Motohiro
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyHistorical HistoricalMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: We all know that a lot of the booty of the golden age of explorations made it into museums. The British Museum in the C.M.B. story, which had custody of the recondite scientific curiosities and artifacts collected by explorers and adventurers and stored in a Wunderkammer, decided to study the dusty arcana in the 19th century. Three investigators dubbed the "Magi" were appointed to do the research, each given a ring embossed with the letters C.M.B.

Fast-forward to present-day Japan where Sakaki Shinra is the curator of a museum of oddities. He now has possession of the C.M.B. rings, indicating that he has been granted the status of guardian of knowledge like the Magi that preceded him.

Similar to another Katou Motohiro-sensei hero —Q.E.D.'s Touma Sou — Shinra has a mysterious past, is multi-lingual (English, Latin, and five others), possesses college-level knowledge of chemistry, physics, biology, and history, and is deficient in social skills. How the blond 14-year-old (who also happens to be Touma's cousin) came to hold the rings, as well as why Shinra is the curator of a bizarre museum in Tokyo (the contents of which he loves to show off) are backstory mysteries I look forward to being solved.

Related:

> Q.E.D. - Shoumei Shuuryou
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/qed-shoumei-shuuryou-r1238 )
Go to C.M.B. - Shinra Hakubutsukan no Jiken Mokuroku Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Romantacising theft. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic How to be the smartest person by everyone else being really dumb New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic mising chapter New Window kriminale
  • 5 Replies
Topic About chapter 19 (The sun and a folklore) New Window Kemm
  • 2 Replies

152 Comments

about the twin case, it's weird how the Man Lung they encountered and the dead Man Lung wears different shirts? (or am I thinking too much lol)

So dad depressed, son depressed, make a turn at life. Everyone happy.

Gotta say it looks like author ran out of ideas and make cliche story instead. Nothing as interesting as the jew legacy case and frozen butterfly case anymore.

I'm sure that because this case is clearly meant to be a filler.

Huge cases like you mentioned need good amount of research, so you should excuse the author for not always making the chapters about huge cases.

So dad depressed, son depressed, make a turn at life. Everyone happy.

Gotta say it looks like author ran out of ideas and make cliche story instead. Nothing as interesting as the jew legacy case and frozen butterfly case anymore.

I could SWEAR there was a chapter of either this or QED that brought up how the "Aliens helped ancient civilizations build things" theory is inherently racist.  Does anybody remember which chapter that was?

Mosaic case definitely sums up the kind of creative workers you'll meet out there. A slacker with real talent, or a copycat that steals and edits well, or, the one with winning tenders won by backhanded connections. 

it's indonesian official release faulty.. as gent said.. maybe it's typesetter of indonesian release that mistype.. make me wonder what else that also oversighted.

No, the date given at the beginning of the chapter is just a mistake: when they talk to the parents, they say that "not long after, the Berlin wall fell," which implies that the escape attempt had to be in the late 80s.  Also, if you refer back to chapter 36, you see that the time period of the manga must be after 1997.  In both this chapter and 36, the characters involved were young in the 80s and appear to be late middle-aged now, so the inferred time frame should put this in the mid-2000s or later.

This is true. The date at the start of the chapter should have been 1980s and not 1950s, it was a typesetting oversight. Sorry about that!

interesting, from the given timelines of this chapter 47, it can be inferred that C.M.B, and by extension Q.E.D, were intended by the author to have taken place in the 1980s/90s. Yet the bulk of these two manga were published in the 2000s/2010s.

Wonder what the reason for such an intention is. Maybe there is some clue in the ending of Q.E.D, but I haven't read that yet.

No, the date given at the beginning of the chapter is just a mistake: when they talk to the parents, they say that "not long after, the Berlin wall fell," which implies that the escape attempt had to be in the late 80s.  Also, if you refer back to chapter 36, you see that the time period of the manga must be after 1997.  In both this chapter and 36, the characters involved were young in the 80s and appear to be late middle-aged now, so the inferred time frame should put this in the mid-2000s or later.

interesting, from the given timelines of this chapter 47, it can be inferred that C.M.B, and by extension Q.E.D, were intended by the author to have taken place in the 1980s/90s. Yet the bulk of these two manga were published in the 2000s/2010s.

Wonder what the reason for such an intention is. Maybe there is some clue in the ending of Q.E.D, but I haven't read that yet.

Is it just me or Inspector Wurst and Mau are such total ship material.

It's all fine and dandy but my problem with all solving case mangas is that they rarely say what happened after the case is solved. Some cases are minor but others are major which can influence whole world yet nothing is said, there is also matter of no character development >.>

Btw there are few cases which left me with jaw hanging, for example one of the latest quilt. What did that grandma expect after stealing her bbf boyfriend? To still be loved and such? I hoped until the very end for shinra to read aloud everything and let her die in agony, that would be satisfying... :]

Welp... and now they're all, a picture on the wall.

Yeay. Indonesian Myth Case - The Leyak Murder Case ^_^

I dont know about this case, could you say where I can find about more details ?

https://youtu.be/lh1_q0P-EHk

I dont know about this case, could you say where I can find about more details ?

I believe this is what tamachii was talking about : http://www.iflscience.com/environment/greenpeace-irrevocably-damages-fragile-nazca-lines-peru-during-publicity-stunt/

Nazca lines really brings me back on how stupid people from greenpeace almost destroyed it...

Nazca lines really brings me back on how stupid people from greenpeace almost destroyed it...

the quilt case is pretty sad.... but she indeed had right to know
Changed title pic for volume that is being translated.
Let me guess, let me guess! the
Spoiler
in case 40 is
Spoiler

:3
Who's in for Shinra's protection squad?

I found some pretty interesting interpretations of the minotaur myth (this one too, but it's wikipedia so anyone can find it easy peasy)

and, oh yeah, thanks for the chapter!

There were two pages missing from the earlier version of 37.2. Please read the new one!

My opinion about this chapter ? I wont shed a tear for that bastard, I know someone will dissagree with me, but as someone who is from a country that in one time passed for a militar regimen I know that bastards like him deserves every second of pain if not mor

he is jealous.. but then again, i agree with you.. he is greedy person and that greed consume his life..

Let me guess

Spoiler

I did notice that right away. That's why Aki is the most suspicious right now.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics