Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 257votes)

Ajin

Alt Names: alt 亚人alt 亜人alt Demi-Human
Author: Miura Tsuina & Sakurai Gamon
Artist: Sakurai Gamon
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story follows a high school student named Kei Nagai, who is caught in a traffic accident, dies, but immediately revives and learns he is not human, but an Ajin, a mysterious creature that cannot die. Scared, he runs away from humans but is helped by his friend Kai, who joins him in his flee from civilization. He then becomes involved in a conflict between human and Ajin and must choose a side.

Note: Roughly mid-way through the manga, the Author Tsuina Miura left this project.

Nominated for the 7th annual Manga Taishou Award, the Readers Award in the 18th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize and in the Seinen category in the 38th Annual Kodansha Manga Awards in 2014. In the 40th(2016) annual kodansha manga award for General Category
Go to Ajin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What is wrong with Kei? New Window Bananimal
  • 23 Replies
Topic English translations? New Window darren
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tin man and Scarecrow New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Sore Spot New Window admira
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Yurichikun
  • 6 Replies
Topic Would we react like this? New Window BlackToTheFuture
  • 19 Replies

368 Comments

Haven't we already established that the ajin still feel pain and stuff when injured?

I don't care if his body has so much going on in that instant to the point the nerves can't send the signals to his brain. At that final point he isn't striking a cool pose and saying that cheesy and self directed line.

Esspecially with an exposed rib cage, and I'd imagine at least one torn up lung. Plus smoke inhalation. Not to mention that I don't know if his arm and leg should be functioning yet.

And for all those who might complain it's a manga it doesn't matter, I'd mostly agree if this was an unrealisticly big eyed spiky haired shounen. But it isn't. The Ajins having the capacity to feel pain in and out of death, as well as their immobility when faced with certain injuries, has been an important and well used plot point.

Pain tolerance from repeated experience is one thing, and while Sato and some others in this series take it to extremes that I am almost unwilling to accept, I usually do.

But this entire page was just a "let's make it look cool" and ignore this story's world-rational.

(I didn't mean for this post to be this long or to be such an excessive complaint, my feelings are, perhaps, more than simple miild annoyance, but a far cry from any sort of extreme. I just thought I share; but, having predicted what some people would say/think in response to this, I wound up. . . premptively responding back. >_>;;;;; )

You think they would have fucking noticed this dude was the fucking terrorist on the TV not too long ago saying he wanted to destroy them all. Yet, somehow, he gets past security.

Ehh. To me this chapter wasn't really exciting. It felt rushed and didn't arouse any strong emotions out of me. Just 'meh'. I guess after seeing fights between ajins this isn't all that interesting. But it is flashy, and true to his character.

Over the line, Satou-kun.

Wow this guy doesn't fuck around.

wonder how many people would turn into ajin from that since the only way to know if ur one is to die 

You're asking how the immortal dude survived a plane crash?

I forgotten that, haha. Sorry.

How did he survive? :o   Badass

You're asking how the immortal dude survived a plane crash?

holy shit

Not to mention it'd be impossible in real life.

forgot about the world trade centers?

Altho Sato is a freaking dick, what he did with that plane was just pure badass

Not to mention it'd be impossible in real life.

How did he survive? :o   Badass

Sometimes, you root for the MC even if he's a jerk.

I won't for this fella. Nagai is just a jerk.

He was kinda retconed into being a dick wasnt he? XD

This chapter was absolutely chilling.

Not cool, not cool Satou .

Altho Sato is a freaking dick, what he did with that plane was just pure badass

I don't know if it's only me but i can't seem to read this chapter .

Sometimes, you root for the MC even if he's a jerk.

I won't for this fella. Nagai is just a jerk.

I think deep down he does have a soul lol. He may have many personality issues but as shown with how he feels about Kai he does have a heart.

It's a lie...isn't it?

I thought it was new chapter , i guess not . 

is this monthly or what?

Day 69: still waiting for ajin...

I feel it lacks sense, but is still entertaining enough in a certain action style, like the idea of being immortal and being able to go in guns blazing

Everyone is a sociopath. The MC doesn't feel like the MC. Humans are so wise they think treating demigods like shit is a good idea. Couldn't, like, the US, ya know, give them monetary compensation and positive media coverage in exchange for cooperating with the researchers? Some occasional pain for a luxurious life sounds like... what work is to most people. By attracting the human talent they'd become leaders in the field instantly (and without losing valuable scientists every day).

The author didn't think his concepts through. There are very pragmatic reasons to cooperate with the ajins instead of going through this cliched "egomaniacal scientists and bigoted citizens" all over again. It's the 21st century. Unless this manga is a deliberate reflection of Japan's xenophobia scaring away valuable human resources.

At least the dude with the cap looks cool.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics