Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 257votes)

Ajin

Alt Names: alt 亚人alt 亜人alt Demi-Human
Author: Miura Tsuina & Sakurai Gamon
Artist: Sakurai Gamon
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story follows a high school student named Kei Nagai, who is caught in a traffic accident, dies, but immediately revives and learns he is not human, but an Ajin, a mysterious creature that cannot die. Scared, he runs away from humans but is helped by his friend Kai, who joins him in his flee from civilization. He then becomes involved in a conflict between human and Ajin and must choose a side.

Note: Roughly mid-way through the manga, the Author Tsuina Miura left this project.

Nominated for the 7th annual Manga Taishou Award, the Readers Award in the 18th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize and in the Seinen category in the 38th Annual Kodansha Manga Awards in 2014. In the 40th(2016) annual kodansha manga award for General Category
Go to Ajin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What is wrong with Kei? New Window Bananimal
  • 23 Replies
Topic English translations? New Window darren
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tin man and Scarecrow New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Sore Spot New Window admira
  • 1 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Yurichikun
  • 6 Replies
Topic Would we react like this? New Window BlackToTheFuture
  • 19 Replies

368 Comments

Did they seriously transport him with HIS SHOTGUN BESIDES HIM?!

Hopefully the humans are able to find a counter to the IBM. I like the current warfare style between humans and Ajins, but the IBM cheatcode is just too much. Maybe increase the number of ajins to compensate.

Go team Human.

It's getting boring if you ask me .

Ok , i changed my mind , this Manga doesn't need a Mc , it is perfect the way it is , I hope Nagai never appears again . 

Dude how much more badass can you get!!!!!

A salute to the brave men of the Special Assault Team!

Hhahah the name of the chapters perfectly describe the crap going on in the manga :D Too much Badassery !

No seriously, this manga would make a great action movie.

As he hijacks and crashes the plane, "The Four Seasons - Spring" plays in the background.
The hat is the true villain. Confirmed.

That was flashy alright

obviously the hat is an ajin too

You think they would have fucking noticed this dude was the fucking terrorist on the TV not too long ago saying he wanted to destroy them all. Yet, somehow, he gets past security.

Let's not forget how ABSOLUTELY NO ONE noticed a mother flipping FLYING BAG in a crowded airport. Good thing a couple hundred people all happened to be staring straight ahead at the SAME EXACT TIME.

This mangaka is not just any ol' hack writer, no, he's going for the Lifetime Achievement Award for terrible writing.

All those other people can complain about how unrealistic the IBM and such are, but as for me...
I'd personally like to complain about the durability of that guy's hat. (I think his name was Satou?)
What kind of hat survives a plane crash like that without any damage?

I came here to point out that hat also. It was literally at the point of impact, practically underneath the weight of an entire plane full of people, going god knows how fast towards the ground into a building. Yet after the crash, disregarding the fact that it's completely unscathed, it's sitting out in the open and not buried under a mass of burning twisted metal.

His hat is part of him, and therefore gets rebuilt with the rest of his body

Vol.2 Ch.00, rules out that possibility.
Double post

Nope; any fantasy world has rules. Here, it is: in this world, ajin are immortal, they can summon ibm, and they feel pain, for example. The reader has to accept it to read it. It's okay. But when the manga breaks its self-imposed rules, we can (should?) complain, and it's a plot-hole.

Though in that case, we can think he died in the crash and just revived, and only his clothes suffered damage (well, looking back on that page, that explanation seems a bit sloppy). Or some people just can't feel pain. Maybe it's his case. I can't remember if we ever saw him feel pain.

No, he's actually lost quite a lot. If you look closer, you can see bones, mainly of his left leg/foot/arm/hand.

Also the incredible amount of G-force he felt running a plane nearly perpendicular to the ground must have been off the charts, enough to kill him many times over, but not enough (apparently) to kill his control of the plane.

It appears his clothes ARE being regenerated, though. If IBM can forge nutrients, fabric ain't too far-fetched.

All those other people can complain about how unrealistic the IBM and such are, but as for me...

I'd personally like to complain about the durability of that guy's hat. (I think his name was Satou?)

His hat is part of him, and therefore gets rebuilt with the rest of his body

Wasn't is stated earlier that Anjin feel less pain the more they die?

No. It's just that they use the theory that the more you die, then you begin to feel less and less pain, like, for example, when you get shocked untill you become numb to the pain, or those people who like to cut themselves, some even start to enjoy that pain

Well he certainly smoothly carried out his job.

Nope; any fantasy world has rules. Here, it is: in this world, ajin are immortal, they can summon ibm, and they feel pain, for example. The reader has to accept it to read it. It's okay. But when the manga breaks its self-imposed rules, we can (should?) complain, and it's a plot-hole.

Though in that case, we can think he died in the crash and just revived, and only his clothes suffered damage (well, looking back on that page, that explanation seems a bit sloppy). Or some people just can't feel pain. Maybe it's his case. I can't remember if we ever saw him feel pain.

Wasn't is stated earlier that Anjin feel less pain the more they die?

Oh man, imagine the 9/11 outrage if this were a Western work.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, I wonder why you haven't blown a fuse over the fact that THEY'RE SUMMONING BLACK-BODIED INVISIBLE MURDEROUS GHOST MONSTER THINGS THAT ARE COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO FABRICATE IN REALITY

It's obvious that he used a voice recording and that his IBM is moving his body.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, I wonder why you haven't blown a fuse over the fact that THEY'RE SUMMONING BLACK-BODIED INVISIBLE MURDEROUS GHOST MONSTER THINGS THAT ARE COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO FABRICATE IN REALITY

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics