Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 144votes)

Uchuu Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 宇宙兄弟alt สองสิงห์ อวกาศalt Space Brothersalt Uchū Kyōdaialt Uchu Kyodai
Author: Koyama Chuuya
Artist: Koyama Chuuya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available from a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Uchuu Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thx for the whole volume translated!!! this made my day New Window Ronny Johan
  • 1 Replies
Topic Uchuu Kyoudai - Chapter Discussion New Window Buttock Follicle
  • 0 Replies

392 Comments

it'll be great if after this event there will be a "mutta : desert survival" guide book released around the world.
Anticipation building up! Let's see how he will save his team with his spongey observation power!
Mutta's pouting expression while thinking "Hamburgers are tasty all year" is priceless.
Military style... or Gangnam style? ^ ^
Murasaki-san is truly a master ruseman.
Oh, Namba...

Spoiler
Proof cliffhangers are not needed : This chapter ended without a cliffhanger and I STILL crave for the next one!
@Fnors:

Not only would it be a good mission for Mutta, but it would score him a "big brother" achievement to reduce the gap between him and Hibito.

The telescope will have to be installed on the far side of the Moon for it to be effective. From the looks of it, that side hasn't been visited by humans yet. It would thus be a wonderful "first" in preparation for the mission to Mars.
@parakat I'd be surpised if that happen, but it's likely. I mean, chances are the telescope will still take at least 3+ years to build. Unless they have super awesome infrastructures to lauch a modular telescope in space (and build it) in record time.

I feel like it would be a nice first mission for Mutta. :)
This manga really knows how to pile on the feels. Except I keep thinking that
Spoiler
I feel like this was the moment that really shows their brotherly bond and truly connected with each other since they became adults.
Dammit Koyama-sensei, stop trying to make me cry!
Really one of the best mangas I've read in a looong time.

Random viewers! Don't skip it! It's awesome!
This needs more followers, more people need to know, THEY NEED TO KNOW!
Anyone else notice the crumpled smile, as if Hibito is holding make crying? God damn, another feel chapter.
Nnnngg!! Such brotherly bond! All my feels!!
Without a doubt, Uchuu Kyoudai is fantastic, the mangaka is a genius and the anime is sublime. The last chapters were epic, with a cliffhanger that made many readers (including myself) drop some tears first of anguish, then of joy. I don't know about you, but I'm waiting to see Mutta's progress with the new astronaut training and last but not least, his relationship with Serika.
How this manages to make you well up, chapter after chapter I will never know
Hibito, Azuma...Mutta...and Damian, Buddy, and everyone else...just...good job.
This series is brilliant. If it keeps like this, it will become a classic.

I'm a bit sad, though, that the chapters have recently started coming out more quickly than the anime episodes. The anime is so faithful to the manga that I feel even more tense watching it. The rescue of Hibito has just come out and I could hardly stay seated, even though I already knew what was going to happen. The art quality is more polished, as well.

Of course, I could stop myself from reading the chapters until the respective episodes come out, but I don't have that kind of willpower.
oh my gosh the entire near death sequence shook me so hard T_T
T___T

Posted Image

Seriously, that series is genious.

Besides, did you note that small details ? The rovers and cosmonauts are moving and interacting with their lunar environment, and yet, there isn't a single SFX. How many less interesting sci-fi series try to insert noises in airless environments, on the other hand...
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
*fist pump*

I bet Houston looks like Mars landing right at this moment.
T.T
I know, right? I've read this chapter beforew translating it, read it when translating, read it when approving proof, and read it now that we released it, and it's still an awesome chapter!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics