Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 131votes)

Desert Punk

Alt Names: alt 砂ぼうずalt Desert Punkalt 모래돌이alt Sand Boyalt Sunabo-zualt Sunabouzualt Sunabozualt Пустынная крыса
Author: Usune Masatoshi
Artist: Usune Masatoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a nuclear war turns most of the Earth into desert wastelands, surviving humans had used the sands in order to survive. One of them is a professional mercenary named Sunabozu, who makes a living by hiring himself out to anyone who needs his talents.
Go to Desert Punk Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Direct download links New Window Goral
  • 4 Replies
Topic Sunabouzu Image Thread (wallpapers, fan arts, gifs, covers etc.) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic MiB and Gantz Waiting Room recruiting jp->en translator for Sunabozu (Desert Punk) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic What strength is, and what is not strength. New Window truepurple
  • 6 Replies

238 Comments

holy shit. time to reread this entire thing.

Woah... I bet mr. Goral will be very happy about this... N as well as all Desert Punk hard fans out there (me included)

is this real life?

Hrm, the Borderland OST does seem oddly fitting ...

Having reread the entire series over the past couple of days, I’m amazed that Desert Punk still has killed neither Junko nor Natsuko till now ...

Gosh, I'm dying to see a proper showdown between Kanta and Natsuko. The last one was kinda buried before the conclusion.
Natsuko is one strange person. Both her and Masaru confuse me in their reasoning... or rather lack of clarity of what they want to accomplish.

As for Junko, Kanta has not enough blood for his brain to work properly. This is why I don't like time skips. People can change a lot during three years, but Kanta was not diligent enough to wipe the underground off or he doesn't see them as a threat (either way I don't like him to be so passive - I'd find them and kill them off just in case if I was him), while the West suddenly got interested in hurons, meaning they can mess up with their toys. But it took whole three years of hiding or fooling around for all sides to finally act on it.

So I'm pretty sure Junko is still hanging around him.

Oh, oh, and I've been listening to a lot of Borderlands soundtrack while rereading. So much better than anime adaptation :)

Having reread the entire series over the past couple of days, I’m amazed that Desert Punk still has killed neither Junko nor Natsuko till now ...

@Pirx
Of course it's Taro.

Is it really? :D

Tagged for #77 and #86 spoilers:

Spoiler

I just love to speculate a little. Gosh, the possibilities.

Amagumo went toe to toe with Sunabozu and is considered as one of the best mercenaries.

@Pirx

Of course it's Taro.

Damn, Amagumo is a beast.

Wow, Taro looks way too much like Kanta when he's angry. Maybe this is deliberate, but when Sunabouzu shows back up he better be a bishie or have a beard so I can tell them apart.

I wonder if that's still "Taro". In chapter 77 he reacted on his original name, plus he seems to control himself better. His life is not in immediate danger now, this change looks more like a tactic.

That's Natsuko. This should help:

http://vatoto.com/reader#7512aa6ad72632c1_6

Wow, Taro looks way too much like Kanta when he's angry. Maybe this is deliberate, but when Sunabouzu shows back up he better be a bishie or have a beard so I can tell them apart.

To be fair she hardly looks like that anymore. 

>her smile and optimism, gone

Too much sameface, was that Sunabouzu on the last page?

Too much sameface, was that Sunabouzu on the last page?

@Pirx and @Kyir

I've seen declarations about spreading the word but no real action :P. No new review on you could write a positive review/opinion on Mangaupdates or a comment on Reddit/Animesuki/Mangahelpers.

My approach can be better described as "screaming at people I know until they read it too."

I tossed up some reviews in various places under various names though. I hope it helps.

@Pirx and @Kyir
I've seen declarations about spreading the word but no real action :P. No new review on you could write a positive review/opinion on Mangaupdates or a comment on Reddit/Animesuki/Mangahelpers.

Man, I must collect myself after the hype wears off. No way I'm going to write anything good in this squealing-fangirl state I am in now. No, srs. Nobody believes me. I've been re-reading this series for the tenth time this month. Once I thought the story starts at #2. Then, at #7. Now, #13 is where things are getting even more interesting! And now, holy shit. Kanta didn't just sit on his ass all the time, he takes precautions. Mitsuru scares me, from a leaky peepsqueak to capable follower in three years, and he's only fifteen. He's not a nuisance anymore, but a dependable backup.
And lastly, Taiko as crazy as she is, seems to be getting better at threat assessment. She keeps doing what she's doing best, but I wonder if that's enough to get even stronger, if she's still after that.
Oh boy. I need to calm down. I'll be around. /fans herself

Oh, oh, and a semi realistic Kosuna I'm working on. (954×1000 png/526 KB/wip/no spoilers).

I love how the Sunabouzu has become the boogeyman.

@Pirx and @Kyir

Been following this series for what feels like half my life at this point (oh god the manga started when I was seven,) so I'm overjoyed to see it updating again. Wish I could do more to help than just spreading the word on it.

@Pirx

Thanks again. I would be especially grateful if you would write a review on Mangaupdates since if someone is checking manga out it's most likely there. Upvoting a post on Reddit also helps, our site has had a huge pageview increase thanks to it (FYI we do not have ads there so we're not making any money out of it but such exposure might lead to finding help that we need).

In Polish:

Nie wiem czy zauważyłeś, ale jestem Polakiem (zresztą już mój pseudonim powinien to sugerować). A jeśli chodzi o pomoc fotoszopową to może i się przyda pod warunkiem, że znajdę tłumacza. W międzyczasie możesz zerknąć na ten tutorial: http://www.insidescanlation.com/etc/The-Idiots-Guide-to-Editing-Manga/guide/main.html

@Pirx

Thanks for the kind words. Typesetting takes time (I'm not as fast as good scanlators) and I have more important things to do. But I'll try and post the last chapter of volume 13 in a week or so. If you want to see a scanlation of volume 14 though I recommend advertising that title wherever you can. 

/snip

Take all the time you need. I just felt the need to sound dramatic since nor Polish nor English have enough words to express how both excited and sad I am. T__T I don't know where to put this energy sometimes. It's been a while since another series I liked faced a dead end, but it got licensed in PL lately, so I do hope the best for Sunabouzu too.
As someone working with PS and photo manips/retouching for several years now, I could offer help, but I don't know much about this field of work.

I'll do what I can about bumping the topic here and there, even if upvotes from a fresh account may be a little too little. I dunno how reddit works, it's time to suck it up and learn.

As for the st, done and done. I'll be in that corner, waiting to see what are the precious brats up to.

@Pirx

Thanks for the kind words. Typesetting takes time (I'm not as fast as good scanlators) and I have more important things to do. But I'll try and post the last chapter of volume 13 in a week or so. If you want to see a scanlation of volume 14 though I recommend advertising that title wherever you can. Reddit is a good place to start. Also, you could write a positive review/opinion on Mangaupdates and rate it highly of course. That way more people might notice it when they search for good seinen manga.

There is also Animesuki and Mangaheleprs - I've been talking to myself in those places. It's no surprise this brilliant manga has no fandom when its fans don't even bother spreading the word.

And if you would be so kind please delete your spoiler. I know it's in spoiler tags but you're not informing what it's about and once someone clicks it there's a high chance someone will see the spoiler (every person who reads fast will definitely see it).

Oh boy, I can't believe I registered only for this.

First of all, I want to thank anyone who took part in this project. Been following this title for years, and love it even more since these two little shits took the torch, I love how stupid comedy reliefs grew up to be capable psychos and how nobody's dissing Taiko just for her being a girl. How they're gonna deal with Amagumo if they won't be able to kill him? Guess there will be money involved?

Naturally I went on and seen v14-17, and they leave you with just even more questions. And they are killing me

And since DP still has no form of fandom, I have no shoulder to cry on, just like before the first hiatus. While I really hope You find a person willing to work on the translation, post the #86 already. Twist that knife and leave me. I don't wanna live on the planet without getting to see how this series end.

Thank You again. <3

We're still looking for a translator. If you have a reddit account bump this thread please, maybe we'll have more luck there.

Anyway it's good to see old Rain Spider again, no matter how crazy he has become..

He's no crazier than he was though, he's just intelligent, pragmatic and ruthless and it is precisely why he's one of the best mercenaries.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics