Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 222votes)

Piano no Mori

Alt Names: alt วัยกระเตาะ ตึ่งตึงตึ๊งalt ピアノの森 - The perfect world of KAIalt 琴絃森林alt 피아노의 숲alt Piano Forestalt Piano no Mori: The Perfect World of Kaialt Piyano Ormanı: Kai'nun Mükemmel Dünyasıalt 森林中的钢琴师
Author: Isshiki Makoto
Artist: Isshiki Makoto
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A tranquil tale about two boys from very different upbringings. On one hand you have Kai, born as the son of a prostitute, who's been playing the abandoned piano in the forest near his home ever since he was young. And on the other you have Syuhei, practically breast-fed by the piano as the son of a family of prestigious pianists. Yet it is their common bond with the piano that eventually intertwines their paths in life.

Piano no Mori won a Grand Prize from 2008 [12th] Japan Media Arts Festival.
Go to Piano no Mori Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic latest chapter discussion New Window annihilator
  • 8 Replies
Topic What's in the name? New Window Kusunoki
  • 0 Replies

800 Comments

Now that is a plot twist.

Ahoy there, SouRei! 

Sorry for the delays… Final year in college is not fun ;_;

I hate to do this ’cause we’re so close to the end, but this project will have to become a bi-weekly release from now on because I simply can’t deliver the script on time every week while keeping up with my school work, plus the chapters are getting longer. So please be patient as you’ve always been. We’ll get there eventually ^^

If you take longer....then it also takes longer for it to end!

Please DO take your time. I insist.

All my tears. Oh gosh, that was beautiful. 

This last chapter gave Ajino an amount of depth that's rarely seen in manga characters. It's pretty uncommon to see such a well-balanced emotional reaction.

Oh come on, how could so many of you missed that the surgery was for Ajino-sensei. Kai couldn't have performed like he continued to do with any kind of impediment.

Aye, not to mention Kai isn't dumb or insensitive enough not to mention an injury like that to Ajino. 

A central theme of this manga has been the piano (~$100k+ value) Ajino dumped in the forest and left to rot due to his inability to play.

Which kind of makes it obvious, lol

Four more chapters left.... :'(

Eh? I..It wasn't obvious? (._.)

A central theme of this manga has been the piano (~$100k+ value) Ajino dumped in the forest and left to rot due to his inability to play.

Takkun says "you can do it!"bbhpI02.jpg

I'm pretty moved by this chapter. And the last part... With the song Ajino arranged... Adorable.

Where did all these onion ninjas come from?

I think those bastards blew up my roof, it's definitely leaking.

Where did all these onion ninjas come from?

I hate to do this ’cause we’re so close to the end, but this project will have to become a bi-weekly release from now on because I simply can’t deliver the script on time every week while keeping up with my school work, plus the chapters are getting longer. So please be patient as you’ve always been. We’ll get there eventually ^^

Oh come on, how could so many of you missed that the surgery was for Ajino-sensei. Kai couldn't have performed like he continued to do with any kind of impediment.

Eh? I..It wasn't obvious? (._.)

I read the raws before this, but with the translation... ; _; <3 I love their relationship so much.

Kono Oto Tomare and this updated? Now if one more music manga updates, that'd be awesome!

those last 4 pages man.... wow that was some real plot twist

giphy.gif

Hats off to Isshiki-sensei on the masterful, chapters long, trolling of all of us readers.

WHAT'S WITH THAT CALM FUCKING FACE??? AAAAHHHH THE TENSION IS UNBEARABLE!

Damn. What a pleasant twist.

A wonderful conclusion :).

wow.....Kai..........the feels man.....the feels........ T_T

thank you very much for providing everyone with another chapter!! can't wait to see what happens next

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics