Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 144votes)

Uchuu Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 宇宙兄弟alt ąøŖąø­ąø‡ąøŖąø“ąø‡ąø«ą¹Œ ąø­ąø§ąøąø²ąøØalt Space Brothersalt UchÅ« Kyōdaialt Uchu Kyodai
Author: Koyama Chuuya
Artist: Koyama Chuuya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available from a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Uchuu Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thx for the whole volume translated!!! this made my day New Window Ronny Johan
  • 1 Replies
Topic Uchuu Kyoudai - Chapter Discussion New Window Buttock Follicle
  • 0 Replies

392 Comments

Man, the stress involved in being an engineer for human-carrying spacecraft is something else entirely. I'm glad this manga is covering this side of spaceflight too.

This chapter gave me a serious case of the feels.

Damn you NASA guy! Saving money failed to save the human lives! T-T

Woohoo! Thanks for the update, iMangaScan!

Wait wait wait WHY IS THERE A SHOUNEN AI TAG IN THE GENRE SECTION?! There aren't any homosexual relations in here that I know of!! D:

Maybe because of Pico, if you don't get it look for boku no Pico(care it is NSFW)

Maybe it was a mistake someone did while adding the shounen tag, but I canĀ“t be the only one to think of that...Can I?

Wait wait wait WHY IS THERE A SHOUNEN AI TAG IN THE GENRE SECTION?! There aren't any homosexual relations in here that I know of!! D:

I just came across this, didn't really think it'd be my thing, but I saw the high rating, so I picked a random chapter and read several pages.  This one decided it for me: http://vatoto.com/read/_/41567/uchuu-kyoudai_v1_ch5_by_extras/7 .  Gonna pick it up!

I can feel it. Something awesome is coming!

@Getsu - I was about to type almost that exact comment, even the "Get down!" part.

IT'S A BOMB!

ns7Ub1Z.jpg

how to spoil [/spoiler][spoiler] backwards

I'm grateful for all the releases and all, but this is one of those mangas that make me rage that there isn't more. Guess ill reread it. xD

So does this mean Mutta is back to being the best bro in the manga?

...and to the person asking how to spoiler tag,

Spoiler

the feels... not again... *sob*

Wow the way they took that was not what i expected. Thought he was going to call him. They made it more emotional this way. Just excellent.

Ps if someone could tell me how to use spoiler tags i would appreciate it.

Call him, Nitta bro! Call him right NOW!!!

Mutta is so reliable!

Wait a second, five chapters in less than a week? I think somebody is working their asses on it. Very well done iMangaScans and thank you. Keep up the good work!

I feel like Mutta's leadership is going to be judged by

Spoiler

obviously forgot the phone, but will the rest of the team go back to get it with him? 

@ETG: (highlight to read, I don't know how to add spoiler tags)

Wow, you are probably right! Congratulations!

The reason I think your guess is highly likely is that I've seen the "next episode" scenes in this week's anime instalment, and it makes total sense! Here's what I think will happen based on what I watched:

- Nitta will go back to try and find the phone, and Mutta, as a good leader, will join him in the search (there's a scene of the two walking alone in the night);

- The person whose call Nitta awaits so eagerly - as I am sure everyone has guessed - is his little brother.

- Nitta won't make it. There is a scene of a home phone being thrown against the wall violently. He will miss his call.

- We will have a flashback of Nitta's stormy relationship with his brother.

Now we only have to guess what the consequences of this will be. Given the general tone of the series, I think they will rank last in the exercise itself, but will score teamwork points due to Mutta's decision to accompany Nitta. Mutta himself will score leadership points, as well. After all, retrieving a mobile phone in a dark desert night is tantamount to an EVA simulation, and as we have seen during the accident with Hibito in the Moon, no astronaut ever goes out alone.

By the way, I bet Mutta's amazing memory and observational skill will be key to finding the mobile phone - thus earning Mutta a few more points.

• ETG likes this

@

@ETG:

obviously forgot the phone, but will the rest of the team go back to get it with him? 

Punishment V2 : stand guard, stay still... while the scorpions are seeking warmth crawling at the bottom of your trousers. NOW that would be it :D
You know what? I think Amanti's premonition is a disappointment to herself, not to Mutta. I think she wants to go to the Moon, or to Mars, and she has forecasted that Mutta will be chosen instead of her in such a mission. Well, maybe I'm wrong, if that were the case, she would probably become hostile to Mutta. But of one thing I am sure: her reaction is intended to be misunderstood by us.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics