Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 144votes)

Uchuu Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 宇宙兄弟alt สองสิงห์ อวกาศalt Space Brothersalt Uchū Kyōdaialt Uchu Kyodai
Author: Koyama Chuuya
Artist: Koyama Chuuya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available from a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Uchuu Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thx for the whole volume translated!!! this made my day New Window Ronny Johan
  • 1 Replies
Topic Uchuu Kyoudai - Chapter Discussion New Window Buttock Follicle
  • 0 Replies

392 Comments

Well another trouble coming!!!!

Awww damn, everybody.... I freaking love you. That is all. ;m;

I seriously doubt any teacher in America would say something like that. It's just not part of the American culture.

You haven't met enough teachers in America then, there are those that steals from their student while they weren't looking, those that tells them that they won't amount to anything and will just be burden to society, those that teach them that science is a lie if it isn't from "the book", those that sexually preys their students, something like this isn't all that uncommon at all especially in certain parts of the US. 

Then on the other spectrum, you've teachers that pay out of their own pockets to make sure certain smart underprivileged kids gets into university, those that volunteers their time at the risk of losing their job just so kids don't drop out (thanks to bush's ill conceived no-one-left-behind policy), guidance counselors that DID lose their job when they fought against the system to get brilliant but troubled kids into programs that they would otherwise not be qualified for.

Teachers are humans, and humans are capable of during a wide spectrum of things both good and bad.  I'd like to know which "American culture" you are referring to, cause there isn't a unifying one at all aside from the fabled "american dream". 

@redlar - have you ever been to a school in a small town or rural area? It's really not that unrealistic at all.

Awesome updates this week btw. Thank you, iMangaScans!

I seriously doubt any teacher in America would say something like that. It's just not part of the American culture.

;_;

ah crap, can feel tears trying to escape from my eye holes

Spoiler

Now that's what I call a manly brofist.

@v1989: No, Sharon's husband was a Japanese astronomer.

Welcome to the October Sky chapter of Uchuu Kyodai. it seems like all astronaut stories have a part like this, where characters are born in a poor small town and struggle to get people to believe their dreams are achievable.

Wait a minute... Rick was a name of Sharon's husband, wasn't it?

man, i remember playing with all those games as a kid. meeeeeeeemmmmorieeees~

God I really really love this manga.

Come on Mutta, Pico and Vince were just trying to drink, and you knocked them into a flashback. Personally I can't stand when I'm at the bar, and look around, and suddenly I'm in a different place in the time-space continuum. It's extremely disorienting.

"What a gentleman-like speed violation."

Mutta's reaction just made my day.

Great Manga! Just wondering if the "supernatural" Tag is there just for show or if it will kick in later in the serie.

Probably it's just a practical joke. There was a yaoi tag a few days ago.

Although one never knows. The series opens with a UFO sighting. In Japanese, publication is nine volumes ahead and it is conceivable someone who reads the original added the tag after finding out something we don't know in English.

But we have gone so far in the series that any supernatural element would look out of place. The author even dropped a major red herring with that shining action figure on the Moon. I for one can accept that the UFO was indeed a flying saucer and that the series closes with Mutta meeting an alien on Mars, but that's about as much as I would swallow, and I tend to prefer a mundane resolution whereby a trivial explanation is given for Mutta and Hibito's sighting.

As things stand, I would disagree even with the "sci-fi" tag. Although the series takes place in the near future, the technology is firmly grounded on reality of the present-day world. The only reason why we haven't returned to the Moon is the lack of political will by the space nations until recently.

Great Manga! Just wondering if the "supernatural" Tag is there just for show or if it will kick in later in the serie.

Damn, this series is really awesome... I'm really glad I wandered on it.

It still doesn't disappoint.

Engineer brain, switch-ON!

Good job Mutta.

lol why does this have a yaoi tag?

Spongewheel Tirepants. Bravo muu-kun.

HOORRAY for douche bag capitalism!!

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics