Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 201votes)

Not Lives

Alt Names: alt ノットライヴスalt Nieżywi
Author: Karasuma Wataru
Artist: Karasuma Wataru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaEcchi EcchiMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mikami is only in high school, but he is a game designer genius. He has created many popular games ranging from RPGs to Action titles, even puzzle games. At his classmate’s request, he decides his next project will be a romance game, so he begins to gather research material that will help him make another hit game. But when Mikami gets home, he finds a game called Not Alive that he doesn’t remember buying. When he tries to play the game, the CD seems to go inside him, and he awakens in a part of town that seems frozen in time.
Go to Not Lives Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

420 Comments

But really, i think we should have expected that, there's even foreshadows:

-Amamiya strange "Bug Form".

-Why Astaroth grieve his wife death so much to the point he left Amamiya.

Spoiler

-Why Amamiya has amazing physical skill.

But my question is... how about the little brother?

He felt bad about leaving Amamiya alone? So he won again to give her a brother?

God death survival games is such a overused genre, I did a massive skip ahead to 50. Let's see if any sensible explanation can be made for any of this.

So shes Mia from .hack?

I bet you weren't expecting that :P! Came out of right field.

But really, i think we should have expected that, there's even foreshadows:

-Amamiya strange "Bug Form".

-Why Astaroth grieve his wife death so much to the point he left Amamiya.

Spoiler

-Why Amamiya has amazing physical skill.

But my question is... how about the little brother?

I bet you weren't expecting that :P! Came out of right field.

Oh my. What a twist.

That's exactly what i said. However, only direct "attacks" cause damage to them in a game, walking through a fire that was already there should not cause any damage, creating a fire wall however, would cause them damage. Or even just using that fire on the ground to initiate an attack, would cause damage.

Ah, then I misunderstood, I thought u were talking about them not freezing to death.

If you are talking about how Kaiser survived the death beam, it is because avatars get a boost in physical parameters when they are inside the game.
This was mentioned in one the chapters where they train their bodies, reasoning how if the game makes a normal person 5 times as strong, a person with twice the capability of a average person would be 10 times as strong.

This explains how avatars can do things like jump up buildings or, as seen the recent chapter, survive with multiple swords lodged in them.

Man that's pretty savage. If I had a daughter as cute as Amamiya, it'd be hard for me to cut a strand of her hair let alone shove dozens of swords into her back. 

I need to catch up on this. I dropped it when the scanlation stalled and it didn't seem like there would be as much tg as in ch 1. How is the loli and tg aspect now?

tg is a non-issue now.

loli still going strong.

I need to catch up on this. I dropped it when the scanlation stalled and it didn't seem like there would be as much tg as in ch 1. How is the loli and tg aspect now?

it's still a good series. It's also seems to be close to the ending :P

Congratulations for catching up!

For anyone who need the source for the pictures: Author's twitter

So I guess the rcon gets used on the GM then...

damn, what a trooper

Please let this be the "last arc" or just end it with the final fight with the GM/s... 

This can be last arc... I just want an info dump explaining all the plot armor moments... :P

No, avatars can not die outside a game, even guns cannot kill them.
However, anything in a game can kill them.

Direct proof can be seen in the Maze battle where Maze tried to drown MCs and nearly killed them.

That's exactly what i said. However, only direct "attacks" cause damage to them in a game, walking through a fire that was already there should not cause any damage, creating a fire wall however, would cause them damage. Or even just using that fire on the ground to initiate an attack, would cause damage.

Please let this be the "last arc" or just end it with the final fight with the GM/s... 

It will be funny if both of them got double K.O.ed and then someone completely forgotten suddenly appears and become the winner instead xD

Is this the last arc?

Since their goal is to free 'Amamiya' their wish will be something like that, then an open ending lol

Or will we get another arc that explains Amamiya circumstance?

Don't know, it's a pretty descent shounen, series like these can go on for at least a dozen volumes. Logically it would make sense for this to be the final battle, but they could say there's some sort of newgame+ or amamiya has to face the GM for glitching. 

Man, really wish there's a way for two winners. Or at least having other survivor other than the winner. :(

What is this, Hunger Games?  

But actually, I thought there were two winners, the avatar and the player. Maybe I wasn't paying attention when they explained the system...

JUBAL-LUN-SUL

I KNEW IT!
NUMIDIUM

(SPEECH BALLOON EMPTY)
JUBAL-LUN-SUL

YOU JUST WANTED TO WIN!

PIC 2: EXT. LUNAR LANDSCAPE
As Pic 1.

NUMIDIUM

(SPEECH BALLOON EMPTY)
NUMIDIUM

YES.
JUBAL-LUN-SUL

…finally. Thank you. And I’m sorry.

NUMIDIUM
?

JUBAL-LUN-SUL
Don’t you get it? Your people tried to run, but couldn’t. My people have to run, and I needed to hear the way out.

JUBAL-LUN-SUL (CONT’D)
We’re finally talking the same language.

PIC 2: EXT. LUNAR LANDSCAPE

Larger pic for effect. Jubal cuts the Numidium’s head off with an empty speech balloon.

JUBAL-LUN-SUL
(SPEECH BALLOON EMPTY)

Is this the last arc?

Since their goal is to free 'Amamiya' their wish will be something like that, then an open ending lol

Well technically.. They were going to wish for Amaiya's little brothers sickness to go away.. but that was back on chapter 10 :P

Is this the last arc?

i really like the glasses girl :( (sorry im bad with names)

Masaki Konoe is here full name ~

i really like the glasses girl :( (sorry im bad with names)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics