Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 795votes)

Angel Densetsu

Alt Names: alt Angel Legendalt エンジェル伝説alt Legend of an Angel
Author: Yagi Norihiro
Artist: Yagi Norihiro
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is of Kitano Seiichirou, a very kind and pure-hearted young man, with a horrifying, monstrous face. People being what they are, they think he's a terrifying delinquent, and there are plenty of chance misunderstandings (coupled with Kitano's convenient inability to understand what's happening around him) that propel him into the position of "school guardian", a.k.a. head thug on campus.
Go to Angel Densetsu Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime version New Window either
  • 2 Replies
Topic is there a manga similar to this 1? New Window hellsing876
  • 12 Replies

184 Comments

After spending four days reading this I can honestly say that this is definitely one of my all time favourite manga and all the lost sleep was worth it.

If he's such a nice guy, how come hes willing to watch some poor guy get dragged away in class, hell for the whole class to sit by and allow that is pathetic. Not the first time I've seen this kind of thing in a comic either. Do japanese schools suck this bad or is the comic just being dramatic?

It's the dramatic telling of delinquent behavior. Same with having a "School Guardian" and the violent rivalry's between school.
As for why he sits there, I'm pretty sure he didn't really understand why that guy was being dragged away. He's pretty naive like that. 

The characters and their interactions made this manga great. Like the artist wrote, he just thought up the characters. Then they ran wild, sort of.

Maybe I will reread this again. It would be a first time to do so.

Im so glad I didnt let the art turn me off, it got better as the story went on and even then was worth every panal.
My third readthrough, and just got to the Kitano family portrait... My very first thought was "Awww the cutest family!!!" Clearly, I have been brainwashed by the demons. <3 Best manga.

tbh I enjoyed this much more than Claymore

Seriously one of the best manga i have ever read, i would give it a nine out of ten, just because of the way it ended. It was not at all what i expected when i was looking for manga in the "martial arts" genre.

This was so great! I wasn't sure what to expect, but once there was some understanding within the other characters I was really into it. The top panel of this page was probably my most favourite part: http://vatoto.com/reader#5be099ccc624011e_17

24 years since it started and 16 since it ended and still one of the best manga i ever read, no drama and very objective.

I will recommend this any day for a good read.

seriously i still hope there will be extra story about grown up kitano :3 

at first i thought this was a junk cuz  the drawing at first page was so shocking but later wooowwww!!!!! i fell in love...hahahahahaxD

Darn you! I saw someone commented on this masterpiece and now I have to reread the entire thing for the umpteenth time. You have robbed me of my spare time over the weekend!!

at first i thought this was a junk cuz  the drawing at first page was so shocking but later wooowwww!!!!! i fell in love...hahahahahaxD

I was recommended to this, and I seriously fell in love with it. The art may be a bit crude, but dang is it not good. He draws some hyper realistic faces some times. And holy shit this was claymore's artist? Really hope to see some more adventures one day... ha ha ha....

An awesome and really unique read. The chapters about Kitano's parents and (mainly) Takehisa take the icing on the cake to me. We never really got much insight on Takehisa and I never saw anything wrong with that, since everyone was pretty much the same. He was basically the loyal thug to Kitano and I was okay with that, but what he did at Ch. 81 pretty much sealed the respect I had to him.

Well, at the start I didn't like how Kitano only got tangled up with the delinquents, but by the time Heizo's SATAN INCARNATE happened I was enjoying all of it throughly.

It's a little big, so...

Spoiler

This quote by a highly idiotic person http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/angel-densetsu-r460"I never realized ignorance could be so idiotic" Well ignorance is what you don't know where as stupidity is your inability to grasp what you do know, but this is still funny :P

And this was funny too http://vatoto.com/read/_/6861/angel-densetsu_v3_ch13_by_manga-sketchbook/35

and this http://vatoto.com/read/_/6867/angel-densetsu_v4_ch19_by_manga-sketchbook/12

If he's such a nice guy, how come hes willing to watch some poor guy get dragged away in class, hell for the whole class to sit by and allow that is pathetic. Not the first time I've seen this kind of thing in a comic either. Do japanese schools suck this bad or is the comic just being dramatic?

Great series and definitely worth the read but I really hate this type of ending. I get the author's intention but I'm getting kinda sick of manga series having next to no closure in their endings.

This manga was such a joy to read

9/10

i like the way the author views this story..like each page of his book is just a window wherein the readers are able to peek at the lives of the characters of AD. and even tho he already stopped making these windows, the lives of the characters just continued on and on. it's a really nice way to view things.

I was just re-reading this and when I got to the "I was born like that" talk with the teacher it suddenly reminded me of Face a poem by Steven Jesse Bernstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hrER3fO5Y0

Obviously the direct comparison are limited...

Anyway, I do really like this manga simply because of how far it strays into the absurd whilst still being full of straight playing earnest characters. One wouldn't work without the other.

Last time I couldn't get past chapter 6, just because I found the lack of depth of humor to be annoying, and because I found myself sympathizing with Kitano more than laughing at the absurdity situations he finds himself in.

After many chapters and someone understanding who Kitano is, I can actually laugh.  I never thought I'd laugh so hard in a chapter called "A morning jog".

yes kuroda is annoying as hell, and the MC is dumb as fuck. overall i found it a bit too long/repetitive. But it was interesting to see the author of Claymore perfecting his art.

Kuroda is so annoying, i'm always rooting to not see him in the chapters -_-

Man I had goosebumps all over while reading this. It's really sweet, funny, and heart warming.

Thank you.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics