Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 208votes)

Let's Lagoon

Alt Names: alt レッツ☆ラグーン
Author: Okazaki Takeshi
Artist: Okazaki Takeshi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremHistorical HistoricalMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yamada is a castaway on an island without any ships passing by and he is unable to recall why he is there. After finding his sports bag, he assumes he was on a school trip. With only seven days worth of food, he eventually decides to make a boat to leave the island. He thought he was alone on the island until finding a girl named Imaise Chika eating his food. They then decide to continue carving the boat together. Since the boat only has room for one, Yamada decides to set off for help, but returns upon noticing that not only has Imaise put her share of rations in his bag, they are mostly untouched as well. After returning, he notices she made the oar out of a fishing lance and he decides they can live on the island longer.
Go to Let's Lagoon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Looking for help with this series New Window besiege211
  • 1 Replies
Topic Last Chapter Discussion New Window Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ
  • 16 Replies
Topic Cover photo New Window oninn
  • 0 Replies

467 Comments

>mfw C.45 (page 0)

Imgur-4143d3.png

Wibbly wobbly
Timely wimely.

OH COME ON! I'm not the only one thinking that at this point!

Because (as in almost every instance of time travel) changing the past can have severe and/or unforeseen consequences for the future. Most importantly for yourself. If for example future yamada were to push past yamada into the most recent fog which there is no knowledge of and what we assume is different form how future yamada was able to get off the island, future yamada would cease to exist... probably.

and then future Yamada wouldn't have existed to push past Yamada, so past Yamada wouldn't have been pushed. but if past Yamada wasn't pushed, then future Yamada would still exist, and he'd push past yamada and would cease to exist and wouldnt be able to push yamad and cease his existence. I could keep going forever (literally, a loop paradox just goes on forever...)

Unless i'm missing something why couldn't future yamada just get imasie to travel back to the originial time when yamada did way back when?

Because (as in almost every instance of time travel) changing the past can have severe and/or unforeseen consequences for the future. Most importantly for yourself. If for example future yamada were to push past yamada into the most recent fog which there is no knowledge of and what we assume is different form how future yamada was able to get off the island, future yamada would cease to exist... probably.

Unless i'm missing something why couldn't future yamada just get imasie to travel back to the originial time when yamada did way back when?

It's same things with yamada 2/current doing until now, he don't want to change the past. If he want he can tell imase & yamada 1 so he don't get scar in his head.

the future yamada came to tell his old self to not paying too much attention to chiaki.

because the best girl was already beside him all this time..

Damn, you guys are just pouring out those chapters after such a long time... shame that we're only 2 chapters away from catching up, 3 if we count this month's release.

" I know you're just another guy, and I won't lose to you" LOLOLOLOL

Okay, this is weird.

This is really weird.

Chika will, at some point in the future, tell Present Yamada about meeting his future self, tell him that she will be trapped in a fissure and need to be saved, tell him that his future self took her up the mountain to look at some tree, but WON'T tell him that he will one day encounter her suddenly on the island and whack her over the head?

Remember in Chapter 30 when Future Yamada says he knocked Chika out because he didn't expect to meet anyone? It seems veeery unlikely to me that any iteration of Yamada would A} fail to recognize Chika and B} think it acceptable to deliver blunt force trauma to the back of her head.

I hope this wasn't an incident for the sole purpose of temporary plot tension.

Well, she didn't tell present-Yamada that her foot still hurt while climbing up the hill because she didn't want to be a burden, so it could be she didn't tell him he was the one who knocked her out because she didn't want to make him feel bad about something he didn't do.

Plus she was lost, if he didn't knock her out and bring her back to the beach, she wouldn't be able to experience all the events between that and running off again to get trapped in the fissure, which was required for her to be rescued by future-Yamada and to hear his explanations.

I followed this back in 2012 and I was surprised to see it updated after so long, but I'm so glad it was. The characters are all likable and there isn't an unnecessary amount of drama to make things complicated. The plot is straightforward and easy to understand. All in all, I'm so glad to read this again.

Spoiler

Maybe like S.H.I.E.L.D TV they'll give some one else a scar to mess with us.

Spoiler

okay that's creepy

I really doubt that, there's no way anyone would recognize who a skull belongs to without doing some facial reconstruction unless there was a really obvious feature on it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Okay, this is weird.

This is really weird.

Chika will, at some point in the future, tell Present Yamada about meeting his future self, tell him that she will be trapped in a fissure and need to be saved, tell him that his future self took her up the mountain to look at some tree, but WON'T tell him that he will one day encounter her suddenly on the island and whack her over the head?

Remember in Chapter 30 when Future Yamada says he knocked Chika out because he didn't expect to meet anyone? It seems veeery unlikely to me that any iteration of Yamada would A) fail to recognize Chika and B) think it acceptable to deliver blunt force trauma to the back of her head.

Future Yamada said he had been working on his own memory up until he saved Chika from the fissure and took her away from it. So he remembered that Chika was hit and realized he was the one to do it. Since he had been the only one on the island. Although that doesn't really explain why he had to do it.

Okay, this is weird.

This is really weird.

Remember in Chapter 30 when Future Yamada says he knocked Chika out because he didn't expect to meet anyone? It seems veeery unlikely to me that any iteration of Yamada would A) fail to recognize Chika and B) think it acceptable to deliver blunt force trauma to the back of her head.

yeah that was really weird, as if back then author did not have an idea of wth is going on

Okay, this is weird.

This is really weird.

Remember in Chapter 30 when Future Yamada says he knocked Chika out because he didn't expect to meet anyone? It seems veeery unlikely to me that any iteration of Yamada would A} fail to recognize Chika and B} think it acceptable to deliver blunt force trauma to the back of her head.

Spoiler

My theory is that

Spoiler

If I wanted to be mean I'd say Chika only likes Yamada due to the "suspension bridge effect" and she never even noticed him before the island. She even states that she felt dependent on him and might not survive without him. Even now she is wavering and seemingly going to attach herself to "Future Yamada" completely oblivious to the other one, especially since Future Yamada liking her should be a big clue that Current Yamada likes her. I don't say this because it would be an overly negative take on the situation and you know the mangaka doesn't mean for it to be taken this way. Likewise Nori is mostly just a basic cute girl with a huge crush on the MC. No need to over analyze her. Sadly she is most likely just a "go for the cute girl that likes you MC!" girl that these stories like to troll readers with while the MC struggles to get the "main girl".

Well, just because you never noticed someone, doesn't mean that things can change.  You like people because of how they interact with you, and she might have never seen Yamada, or cared to be with him.

Also, if you remember, Her Best Friend is the other girl, who said she loves Yamada, so Chka wouldn't have any interest in Yamada, last year, just for the fact her best friend loves him.

She felt dependent, because she couldn't see, rendering herself useless.

She also believed in him, to get help, which is why she didn't eat for like 3 days, and gave all of the food to Yamada.  She was willing to die, in the hopes he would come back..  That's some romantic shit right there...

How does she know "Future Yamada" likes her, unless *I missed something these past few chapters I needt o catch up on.

It just sounds like you're upset that it's the "Typical girl likes MC, but doesn't like her and likes Main Girl" and you just want "side girl" to be loved for once...

Chika cares about Yamada, but Kami only cares about herself, and her obsession with Yamada.

The only reason the MC is "Struggling" is because he's doing it to himself.  He could have pounded that ass 50 chapters ago, but he's all "I'm a gentleman and wont ask her out on a deserted Island, while the other girl who loves me is all over me, not caring..."

Spoiler

Spoiler

I really doubt that, there's no way anyone would recognize who a skull belongs to without doing some facial reconstruction unless there was a really obvious feature on it.

Spoiler

So that's why Mirai Yamada dare to returns! He knows the secret already!

What bothers me is that Yamada #2 didn't plan ahead.

He went to the boat to obviously find a way back onto the Island, but then claims that he didn't think about doing it, until that morning, or the night before with the mask.  Doesn't make much sense, since what would hhe have done if not tried to get back tot he Island...????

He also didn't attempt to bring food, or anything that would be useful... Very odd...

Also, Kamiyama is trying to do everything the opposite.  She wants to stay on the Island, while everyone else wants to get off....  

All she cares about is Yamada, i don't see much use from her at all, nor has she done anything "for him" as it's ALL about her....  Chika at least tried to help out to the best of her ability, even so much as to sacrifice her food portions and give everything to Yamada in hopes he would bring help back to save her...

If I wanted to be mean I'd say Chika only likes Yamada due to the "suspension bridge effect" and she never even noticed him before the island. She even states that she felt dependent on him and might not survive without him. Even now she is wavering and seemingly going to attach herself to "Future Yamada" completely oblivious to the other one, especially since Future Yamada liking her should be a big clue that Current Yamada likes her. I don't say this because it would be an overly negative take on the situation and you know the mangaka doesn't mean for it to be taken this way. Likewise Nori is mostly just a basic cute girl with a huge crush on the MC. No need to over analyze her. Sadly she is most likely just a "go for the cute girl that likes you MC!" girl that these stories like to troll readers with while the MC struggles to get the "main girl".

He went to the boat to obviously find a way back onto the Island, but then claims that he didn't think about doing it, until that morning, or the night before with the mask.  Doesn't make much sense, since what would hhe have done if not tried to get back tot he Island...????

He also didn't attempt to bring food, or anything that would be useful... Very odd...

Also, Kamiyama is trying to do everything the opposite.  She wants to stay on the Island, while everyone else wants to get off....  

All she cares about is Yamada, i don't see much use from her at all, nor has she done anything "for him" as it's ALL about her....  Chika at least tried to help out to the best of her ability, even so much as to sacrifice her food portions and give everything to Yamada in hopes he would bring help back to save her...

Spoiler

that last panel was just hilarious smiling while busted

Okay, I'm now team Kamiyama. Competence is very attractive. Although it'd be interesting to see what Chika could contribute if she had her glasses. Come to think of it, the older Yamada really should've brought a pair for her.

Okay, I'm now team Kamiyama. Competence is very attractive. Although it'd be interesting to see what Chika could contribute if she had her glasses. Come to think of it, the older Yamada really should've brought a pair for her.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics