Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 169votes)

Gunka no Baltzar

Alt Names: alt Baltzar Militarismusalt Bernd Balzeralt 軍靴のバルツァーalt Gunka no Baltzeralt Gunka no Balzer
Author: Nakajima Michitsune
Artist: Nakajima Michitsune
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Glory is won over the roar of cannon fire. Peace exists simply as a time to prepare for the next battle. In a nation with superb military power, Bernd Baltzar advanced quickly through the ranks. However, his career now takes a sudden turn when he is reassigned to being the military advisor in a neighboring allied nation with little military power and a lack of civilian support of firearms. Will Major Baltzar be able to win the hearts and minds of both the soldiers and civilians in this country?
Go to Gunka no Baltzar Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

290 Comments

holy shit new chapter

Helmut, what will a regiment of cavalry do to a full on siege of an army?
What is a regiment of cloths and flesh in front of the modern warfare grim reality of fire and iron.
May be it will become a story of Charge of Light Cavalry Brigade.

I hope not, for Helmut is a manliest among men and the most dashingly beautiful one she is.
May the odd always be in your favor Helmut.

Three words : "War on Drugs."

Oh sorry, that might be too old for you. I guess the newfangled version is "War of Terror".

Technically both are not wars. Wars can only be declared against other states. Just because they label themselves "war" does not make them into that. Otherwise North Korea would be a democracy. Last time I looked it still was a absolutistic monarchy.

Ben gone from this website for three years...some memorable users never change, lol.

Most users don't want to get banned.

Me? I have 2 warning points.

It's good to see an update for this after so long. Just out of curiosity, what took so long?

Too good of a story
Too long for an update

Roses are red, violets are blue
Suffering is real, thanks for the update

Oh sorry, that might be too old for you. I guess the newfangled version is "War of Terror".

Ben gone from this website for three years...some memorable users never change, lol.

Modern large scale war are done with casus belli so the goal is to earn something from someone else : money, women, land, impose opinion(ideology,religion) and "tax increase" is linked to the war material that aren't free but the end of the war is for private pockets. If you want to increase tax better without losing things do a phony war or a far away one(read 1984, Orwell)... You should play more grand strategy games and history wargames and read sub-plot economy based explanation manga (Maoyuu Maou Yuusha) and history documentary.

A lot of "wars" were also less than hundred people yelling at each other before coming to peaceful conclusion. It just sounds better to tell the ignorant bastards you're raising taxes because of the "war" you fought.

People have gone to war because they hated being poor and were ending stagnation.

Modern large scale war are done with casus belli so the goal is to earn something from someone else : money, women, land, impose opinion(ideology,religion) and "tax increase" is linked to the war material that aren't free but the end of the war is for private pockets. If you want to increase tax better without losing things do a phony war or a far away one(read 1984, Orwell)... You should play more grand strategy games and history wargames and read sub-plot economy based explanation manga (Maoyuu Maou Yuusha) and history documentary.

Welp, someone got death-flagged.

Such kind, cruel words.

Perhaps some wars, but I do not think most.  I have read about a lot of wars being started because someone powerful wanted something or was insulted, not really something regarding the poor.

Also, the kukin sound like more he liked the idea of being rich rather then hating poor people.  I personally think hating being poor oneself is healthy as it encourages trying to better one and ones families state in the world and helps prevent stagnation.

A lot of "wars" were also less than hundred people yelling at each other before coming to peaceful conclusion. It just sounds better to tell the ignorant bastards you're raising taxes because of the "war" you fought.

People have gone to war because they hated being poor and were ending stagnation.

And this is how wars are started. Stupid people hating on poor people.

Perhaps some wars, but I do not think most.  I have read about a lot of wars being started because someone powerful wanted something or was insulted, not really something regarding the poor.

Also, the kukin sound like more he liked the idea of being rich rather then hating poor people.  I personally think hating being poor oneself is healthy as it encourages trying to better one and ones families state in the world and helps prevent stagnation.

Damn Helmut, you just murdered Jurgen there. Haven't seen someone get death flagged so badly in a while.

mate

being a royal saudi prince is still fucking awesome because you have so much money that you can't even spend all of it

And this is how wars are started. Stupid people hating on poor people.

helmut, manliest of the men

We gonna finally see some character development from Baltzar?

"Royalty" doesn't always mean much.

The best example would be modern day Saudi royalty. Being a "royal Prince" sounds awesome, up until they mention the fact that they're "100th in line to the throne"

mate

being a royal saudi prince is still fucking awesome because you have so much money that you can't even spend all of it

world war one anyone?

No, 1866 Austro-Prussian (Erzreich-Weissen) War. That's where things seem to be headed in the manga, although it seems like things are more balanced between Weissen and Erzreich compared to real history. In our world Austria was still using muzzle loaders in this period, but the Erzreich troops already have bolt action guns in the manga. 

Which reminds me: Do we have any clear depictions of what kind of ammo the rifles in this manga use? Technically the Prussians would have been using Dreyse needle rifles firing paper cartridges in this time period. The Austrians actually didn't adopt proper bolt actions until much later. They would first adopt the rotary lock Werndl-Holub instead in 1867. 

world war one anyone?

Goddamnedit, royalty loves fucking with him

"Royalty" doesn't always mean much.

The best example would be modern day Saudi royalty. Being a "royal Prince" sounds awesome, up until they mention the fact that they're "100th in line to the throne"

The First Prince is my hero. He's got his priorities right, you know. Who wants to hang out with stuffy military dudes when you've got friggin' VALKYRIES attending your fantasies?

Considering valkyries are those who take you to the afterlife, I think I'd rather stay and try to fight for my life with the military first. ;)

Goddamnedit, royalty loves fucking with him

The First Prince is my hero. He's got his priorities right, you know. Who wants to hang out with stuffy military dudes when you've got friggin' VALKYRIES attending your fantasies?

Thank you for the update

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics