Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 190votes)

The Friendly Winter

Alt Names: alt Da-jeong-han Gyeo-wulalt 다정한 겨울alt The Affectionate Winter
Author: Lee Jun
Artist: Lee Jun
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A girl with a rare growth disorder that leaves her in the body of a child at the age of 19 meets a boy with a mental disorder who has the mind of a small boy in a 17 year old form. 'The Friendly Winter' shares with us the endearing story of their day-to-day lives, joys and tribulations.

Note: The author has split the storyline into seasons. The volume number represents the season number.

Original webcomic: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/friendlywinter
Go to The Friendly Winter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Friendly Winter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 298 Replies
Topic Guesses on the ending here. New Window d4rk
  • 7 Replies
Topic Korean Censorship of Webtoons??? New Window Comadrin
  • 4 Replies

702 Comments

This manga is really sweet. This latest chapter made me wanna cry....
Yeah as always a kick ass job SCS. Also every time I see your name it makes want to eat a doughnut.Posted Image
thanks for the chapter, very good
Thanks Supreme Cream!!
WoW !!!
@Squier: Dieter, Metronome, I Won't Hurt You.
Can anyone tell me the name of the canon webtoons that were in chapter 13?
Never got so touched and hooked before.
I see you have read Shibatora.
Da-Jeong's family definitely could use some more income. I'm thinking what she needs to do is become a cop. She could do some great under-cover work; nabbing pedophiles is just the start. Who'd suspect the nine-year-old playing on her Nintendo actually is wired for sound?
Spoiler
@Comadrin

I know just what you're saying, and it was the first thing I thought of too.......right before I remembered that they're probably very, very poor. It's not really dwelled upon, but there are a lot of signs in the story that they are extremely financial strapped. Hence......a "hand me down" toy trike. Very, very sad.
Great new chapter, thanks Supreme Cream!!
Thanks
Ya know, when I saw the description on this I thought it sounded too damn sappy and I gave it a miss. But I finally took a look and I was wrong; it's really good. Da-Jeong's personality really sells it for me. She's kind of bitchy and she can do stupid things sometimes, but she's got a lot of moxie and she's not one dimensional; imperfections and vulnerabilities but still pretty strong, I really like that kind of character.

Silent Crucifix, I agree with everything in your post 100%.
i wish she would stop playing the kid act on the guy she likes its only going to hurt her in the end =/
Spoiler

LOLOLOLOL..
Min-Seong,,, You're sooo innocent XD
Wow, this is cute. Seems like there is a lot more to Min-Seong's story. I hope it includes more screen time for his mom, too. Best mom in the world right there.

Can't wait for the inevitable confrontation with Da-Jeong vs. Bitch Mother.

If there was any justice in the world Min's mom and Da's dad would hook up. Kind of like how Usagi Drop should have been. Now that I think of it. That is probably what will happen.

Great job SCS! Only 27 more episodes/chapters until your caught up!
ohhhhhhh I see where this is going =)
Nice nice!
@Comadrin: I think the term you are looking for is Air headed. The intention is there but they don't think it over first. The father IMO seems to be stuck in the past with his daughter.The fact she "can't" grow up would further reinforce that stigmata of his. But thats just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that they make clothes for people who are shorter than the average person. Heck maybe she could even take up sewing her own clothes?

But it really has to be hard on a father who was divorced and basically forced to take care of a special needs person. Even at the age of 28 my father still babies me as I'm the youngest in my family. My father has said the same thing since he is the baby of his family. The youngest child never really gets treated as a older person. If you can understand that.
thanks supreme scans !
In answer to anime 1337, yes, her Dad does what he can, but he is as dense between the ears as a character from KNIM. She's 19 yrs old and wants to ride a bicycle. Get her a @#$%ing bicycle her size, for god's sake. Think about what goes on in her mind for a minute.

That said, Kudos to him for always being there. He probably can't make himself into an understanding person. Some people can't. Some of the most kindly and loving people I have known misread people and situations all the time and drop real clangers into conversations without any intent to hurt someone or make them uncomfortable. He loves her unreservedly, even though he doesn't understand her at all. He's not very empathetic, but he's very sympathetic (if that makes any sense).
Before reading I thought it wouldn't make a good story but after reading it I felt srry for the both of the mcs. Well anyways it's very good and a instant follow thank you supream cream scans.
Aww really touching, Thanks for the release!
The feels... if this were a tragedy (good thing it doesn't seem to be...), I'm sure the mother would end up dying.
Thanks for yet another chapter SCS! You guys are machines!

As for the chapter. Nobody can't say that the story is short of bastard characters can they?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics