Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 35votes)

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen

Alt Names: alt 賭博堕天録カイジ 和也編alt Gambling Heathen Kaiji: The Kazuya Arcalt Kaiji Part 4alt Kaiji: Kazuya-henalt Kazuya-Henalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuyahenalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: The Kazuya Arc
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A direct sequel to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji, picking up immediately after Part 3 ends. After his tremendous victory in 2-Player Mahjong against the villainous President, Muraoka Takashi, Kaiji is being driven home by Kazuya, the son of Chairman Hyoudou. However, in the car, Kazuya asks Kaiji if he would be interested in one more gamble that night, and Kaiji accepts. What surprises lie in store for our dear Kaiji, and what will the gamble be?!

***Please Note***
The Kaiji series as of now is divided into 5 parts, and this is the 4th of those parts. The series follows this order:

Part 1: Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, but Manga is not fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-r1874

Part 2: Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, and Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-r5071

Part 3: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-r923

Part 4: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - Kazuya-hen (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)

Part 5: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen (Not yet animated, Manga is being translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-one-poker-hen-r14151
Go to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The purpose of this arc. New Window Jkguitarist
  • 1 Replies

131 Comments

I'm going to unleash all my fury onto an innocent puppy if this doesn't end well.

Hmm, I wonder what Kazuya is going to do next...

...though I'm also worried about Kaiji. Whenever he thinks about possible ways things could go wrong, it's usually a bad omen.

Personally, I got more worried when Kaiji started to show a bit of optimism.

...though I'm also worried about Kaiji. Whenever he thinks about possible ways things could go wrong, it's usually a bad omen.

Spoiler

I think you're not alone in thinking this, brrrr :(

Spoiler

...shit, that sounds both ominous and entirely possible.

God please let this arc end in a happen ending.  I have actually become attached to these three stooges.

Spoiler

just read this today.

let's call the bottom chair 1 and the top chair 3. can't #3 just press at 0 seconds, #2 at 10 seconds and #3 at 20 seconds, go to the button and look at his teammates and after they all raised their hands he can press the button? would be way more efficient

Not allowed to press the button until after 30 seconds have passed(Ch.16 pg.15).

just read this today.

let's call the bottom chair 1 and the top chair 3. can't #3 just press at 0 seconds, #2 at 10 seconds and #3 at 20 seconds, go to the button and look at his teammates and after they all raised their hands he can press the button? would be way more efficient

this is making my heart hurt.

I know right? It's starting to piss me off how tainted his "experiment" is with how much he's intervening and altering their thoughts by injecting his own views.

Something along the lines of "A real friendship should be able to handle this much" I imagine.

His interference isn't exactly making it impossible for them to win. A little bit of turmoil here and there, but the game is still as simple as it was before, and they've got a surefire way to all make it out alive, so now it's just a matter of if they can overcome the misunderstandings.

Spoiler

So now it's just their friendship + a decent amount of money vs. massive pile of money + forced misunderstandings. Them being in the do-or-die situation is an element for sure, but that's really what it boils down to.

Spoiler

You might as well gag everyone else in the room now that you're at it, Kazuya.

I know right? It's starting to piss me off how tainted his "experiment" is with how much he's intervening and altering their thoughts by injecting his own views.

Wait, so the savior can't be the same person in 2 rounds in a row? Then, wouldn't it be obvious who is the savior going to be?

Nope, there's always the possibility that it rotates between 2 people and the third person gets left out. The order is definitely not set into a repetitive cycle.

Wait, so the savior can't be the same person in 2 rounds in a row? Then, wouldn't it be obvious who is the savior going to be?

You might as well gag everyone else in the room now that you're at it, Kazuya.

Whoo! Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the re-upload!

I changed the file names from the Japanese kanji etc to letters.

First time I uploaded chapters, chose archive since they were already up but I didn't put the exchange of chapters in consideration so edited them afterwards but it seems it didn't work, sorry about that.

Not sure how to put them up on the news list now.

Seems to be working now. :)

Still 404, it's strange.

Let's give it a full day !

I once heard it after reporting a similar problem (not with this series) in the Batoto support forum, something alongside the idea that "you upload it to a server, but it's not yet on the precise server that is serving you. Wait till they share the images and the series, and it may take longer than planned".

(technically that may be totally incorrect, but that's how I got the gist)

And, anyway, thanks to the scanlators and uploaders :)

I'm having the same problem.

Strange, I tried uploading them again but they're all doing that. Someone else can try downloading them here and uploading them themselves to see if it's just me. 

is this me or everyone is getting no pages on recent 5 chapters?

I'm having the same problem.

is this me or everyone is getting no pages on recent 5 chapters?

Thanks for the upload!!

It's announced that Kaiji Series has surpassed printing 20,000,000 copies.

Can't wait for this arc to get over, it's nothing but a string of endless mental torturing scenes... with barely any plot development!

Don't get me wrong, I like how the scanlators are working hard on Kaiji, but Fukumoto dragged this arc way too long than he should have.

Part 5(One Poker) looks promising by the looks of the amazon reviews, can't wait for it~~

I think he will, at some point, once it becomes more clear that he cheated. I mean, he always call bullshit on cheating and similar stuff... it just happens when his life is actually on the line.

Yeah, that may be the main difference of why he's no catching up on stuff as easily... at the moment, he's just watching, while until now he's always been risking his life or freedom (the moments where he's actually pretty smart).

I'm personally only wondering WHAT is the gamble that Kazuya called him for.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope for the best with the author's intentions.  I'm guessing the bet is gonna be on how many survive or maybe who betrays who first. IMHO its kinda obvious that Fukumoto is setting us up for a gamble where Kazuya will offer a gamble to Kaiji closer towards the end of the game.  The part that I am still curious about is whether or not Fukumoto will let Kaiji win this one.. He is due a loss, and if its one thing Fukumoto is good at its "Fukomotoing" (LOL) Kaiji! 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics