Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 247votes)

Hataraku Maousama!

Alt Names: alt はたらく魔王さま!alt Demon Lord at Work!alt Hataraku Maou-sama!alt 알바하는 마왕님!alt The Devil Is a Part-Timeralt Work! Demon King!alt 打工吧!魔王大人
Author: Wagahara Satoshi
Artist: Hiragi Akio
Genres: Comedy ComedyFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The Demon King almost succeeds in conquering the magical world, but gets defeated by the Hero and flees to modern day Tokyo. Without the skills to survive in human society, the Demon King's struggle to survive begins.

Adapted from the light novel series of the same name.

Spin-off:

> Hataraku Maousama! High School!
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/hataraku-maousama-high-school-r6242 )
Go to Hataraku Maousama! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

415 Comments

Every chapter just remind me that S2 is missing from my life.

The better question should be "Does Yen Press ever catch up to the Anime?"  And judging from the fact that it took 2 manga volumes to cover the first arc, I'd say at least another 2 volumes / half a year before they can get to where SpinyBack is at the current moment.

I'd prefer to ask, will they ever catch up with the lighnovels? Volume 3 will be out in December. In Japan vol 14 was published about a week ago. And if Yen Press will release them the same pace as the light novel pace in Japan. Then I'm not surprised why the majority of the people are looking for the fan translations.

I don't recognize the girl on batoto's sample cover (vol 7's) so i would assume so.

If you wait 6 chapters then you will know who that little girl is and I tell you it's a lot funnier with the little girl.

The scanlations have almost caught up to the end of the anime. Give it another few chapters. As for the raws, I don't know, since I haven't seen or read it. But if there are more raw chapters than just a few, then it's bound to go past the anime.

I don't recognize the girl on batoto's sample cover (vol 7's) so i would assume so.

And with mop in hand!! The demon lord goes and attempts to save the lovely heroine, Emi!! Keep mopping, demon lord! Keep riding, demon lord! Keep fighting, demon lord! Sooner or later, you will save the day!!!

That's the best I got...
Though, it looked more like a broom to me, rather than a mop.

"Attempts"? This is the guy who pretty much massacred Lucifer and Olba BARE-HANDED! With a mop in hand, he really is going to clean up a pestering mess as this chapter so elegantly puts it.

And with mop in hand!! The demon lord goes and attempts to save the lovely heroine, Emi!! Keep mopping, demon lord! Keep riding, demon lord! Keep fighting, demon lord! Sooner or later, you will save the day!!!

That's the best I got...

Though, it looked more like a broom to me, rather than a mop.

I live for the sole moment when the manga catches up to the anime.

And I for the moment a miracle occurs and a new season is made.

I live for the sole moment when the manga catches up to the anime.

Does the manga ever catch up to the Anime?

The better question should be "Does Yen Press ever catch up to the Anime?"  And judging from the fact that it took 2 manga volumes to cover the first arc, I'd say at least another 2 volumes / half a year before they can get to where SpinyBack is at the current moment.

The church dogs >:(

The scanlations have almost caught up to the end of the anime. Give it another few chapters. As for the raws, I don't know, since I haven't seen or read it. But if there are more raw chapters than just a few, then it's bound to go past the anime.

Sadly the LN is licensed and that means I can't really read it since I don't live in USA or Canada, maybe I can import them but the cost is just pure madness mmm...

Honestly dont bother. The text is so massive that it felt like reading a penguin book and the book itself is like holding a brick.
Sounds like petty reason yes but its just dont feel like reading LN.

The manga is already ahead the Anime , from the last manga cover i think they have at least reached the 4th volume of the LN.

Ps. Thank you SpinyBack for releasing regularly this manga , i really appreciate it :).

Spoiler

I don't think I entirely get it...

The english for that page is weird. From my understanding, what was meant is that if emi and maou both reveal themselves to be alive, it would sour people's opinion of the church, because the church has declared the war over and the demon king dead. If Emi goes back to Ente Isla with the church after killing the weakened Maou, the church can increase their control of the world by parading her around and saying that she only defeated him with their help. It'd put the church in a powerful position and would give them even more control of the world. 

Spoiler

I don't think I entirely get it...

That girl deserve a bitchslap but most likely she will be reprimanded for what she has done and forgiven, after that they become FRIENDS. Boring....

at least it's getting near it, like 2 or 3 chapters at most to catch up

We should crown Ashiya as the patron saint of saves.

Now we need a Spin-off named "Real Estate Maou-sama" to show his battle in the business world against the mighty part-time Hero

For some mysterious reason I'm hankering for KFC now.

Sadly the LN is licensed and that means I can't really read it since I don't live in USA or Canada, maybe I can import them but the cost is just pure madness mmm...

Ok so just out of curiousity, do you suggest we get a proofreader?

(Recruiting doesnt really help, since our mangas arent as popular)

Do you suggest we no longer scanlate it, due to the low quality?

(This is a test manga, to see the level of translation the new translators can bring. So mistakes are bound to be in there, and due to the small team, we cant catch all the mistakes, any suggestions?)

Or is your issue with the typesetting?

(I understand the whole Ms/San mixup, but certain translators have to decide which path they want to take with regards to this. Some confusion is bound to happen)

Cause those are a lot of pointers, to take into account, but I do like to be clear with whats going on

First and foremost  , are you commited ? If yes click spoiler below

Spoiler

Secondly , can you/have room to learn and improve ? If yes you should continues on

Thirdly , i think you should keep san , kun , sama thingy . Thing like those can't really translated well into english , Call a character in this manga a Miss or Mister sounds stupid

Wow crazy I came to this page literally a few hours ago to see if there had been an update recently that I missed, and voila it must have been updated less than an hour after I checked...thank you for the update.

it's heeeere!! thank you, spiny back team!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics