Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.98 - 109votes)

Shin Sekai Yori

Alt Names: alt From the New Worldalt Shinsekai Yorialt 新世界より
Author: Kishi Yuusuke
Artist: Oikawa Tooru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasySci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy TragedyYuri Yuri
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story is set in Japan a millennium from now. Five children — the protagonist Saki, Satoru, Maria, Mamoru, and Shun — have been born and raised in a tranquil town that can be described as a utopia, overflowing with water and green foilage. The world is ruled by people who have the "cursed power" or the "gods' power" of telekinesis.

After a certain incident, Saki and the others come to realize the true nature of their world. Before long, they learn everything, including the bloody history that brought humanity to this state. The five throw themselves into life-threatening adventure and fighting to protect friends and a world on the brink of collapse.
Go to Shin Sekai Yori Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I need help from readers who understand Shin Sekai Yori well. New Window nes370
  • 0 Replies
Topic (Fiends) Argh! I hate finding stupidly easily fixes to major plot points. New Window kishind
  • 4 Replies

136 Comments

Tell me the artist has done hentai work before. He's yuri artwork is phenomenal.

wow, read through this in one go, fucking awesome. It really pains me to see Maria leave though; more Maria x Saki would've been awesome <3 and IMO, teenage Saki > adult Saki.

Catbug: "ecchi," hmm? Takes it a step or two farther than that, methinks. *eyebrow raised*

I do love the art, though. In every page. It's amazingly well-done, though some of the sexier scenes start to resemble a more...deliberate version of several TLR:D scenes.

And them splash pages. Damn.

You don't need to vote for tags or anything, you can just add them yourself

Ah no by 'vote' I mean I agree =p Don't want to put it up there because I'm pretty uncertain. The anime is neither categorized as Horror nor Tragedy - and I do feel it doesn't have real Horror or Tragedy - but at the same time it's not like the story is lacking any. It might not be as gory as Umineko but still.. All those creepiness..

TBH, I'm just reading this because I miss Saki x Shun

I haven't been following the manga - but is it going farther and farther from the anime?

I remember thinking this was more yuri.. But the latest cover shows a chara I don't recognize.

EDIT: Oh I just realized it's just the manga art is hotter than the anime.. Didn't recognize her at first.. ch15 seems exactly like the anime. Although more explanations. No Horror tags yet? And who put Shinsekai Yuri as the title >.>

I vote for Tragedy tag also. Though it's arguable.

You don't need to vote for tags or anything, you can just add them yourself

What a cliffhanger! I want more chi-chi! More action! More mystery! More suspense! Oh wait, this manga provides all of it ^_^

I haven't been following the manga - but is it going farther and farther from the anime?

I remember thinking this was more yuri.. But the latest cover shows a chara I don't recognize.

EDIT: Oh I just realized it's just the manga art is hotter than the anime.. Didn't recognize her at first.. ch15 seems exactly like the anime. Although more explanations. No Horror tags yet? And who put Shinsekai Yuri as the title >.>

I watched the anime, and after reading chapter 1 the tragedy tag is needed.. right?

I vote for Tragedy tag also. Though it's arguable.

I am rooting for the queerrats in this one serves all the adults right for they killing of kids they did, reallly happy this massacre happend.

tumblr_m8ymb30QuC1rsskhm.gif

Spoiler

Peek-a-boo~

TIME FOR MORE BOOBS PLOT

After reading these last chapters... I like the manga a bit more, it's showing a new way to look at the story, some different explanations, I agree that the fanservice is... Well, urgh, also for some reason it's exclusively related to the girls and they totally avoid Satoru and Shun's development... Whatever.

Story-wise, they're actually re-telling this, from different points of view, it could be interesting, really.

I never understood why Saki always blamed Maria for the "death of countless people" both in the Anime and the Manga.

After all, if we consider everything that's happened/will happen

Spoiler

Spoiler

I never understood why Saki always blamed Maria for the "death of countless people" both in the Anime and the Manga.

After all, if we consider everything that's happened/will happen

Spoiler

I watched the anime, and after reading chapter 1 the tragedy tag is needed.. right?

If the manga follows the anime's path, we can expect a yaoi tag at some point.

Well guys I just realized the last chapter was missing 18 pages at the end. Terribly sorry about that. Just added them back.

Wow Mamoru you POS.

Now Mamoru is completely responsible for everything bad that will happen instead of just mostly respoinsible.

This is nothing like the Anime.. I liked the Anime much more.. Saki has almost a completely different personality. 

Well there goes the yuri......................sigh

Evil fieeeend:

Spoiler

Thanks for the update. It's been awhile.

Yay, more boobs

That cover scares me a bit.    There were young sexual relations going on in the anime but that one deliberately portrayed it as disturbing - as it should have been.   It demonstrated just how far the children were being manipulated every step of their lives. 

...So finished the anime then heard there was a manga adaption.

This is nothing like that anime at all. 

Also. What the actual fuck is with the bath scenes? Has the artist forgotten that they are only 12 years old until after Summer Camp arc?

It's actually pretty hard to read the manga just after watching the anime, there are sooo many differences, and most of them aren't very positive:

- Saki wasn't lesbian until she turned 14 (at first she is 12... with big boobs, right), there's an explanation for that, she was so in love with Shun you can see it from the space.
- Maria was WAY more kind towards Mamoru, she is like a protective sister to him, and this is actually really necessary for an important plot device.
- They totally avoided Shun and Satoru's relationship (yeah, it's gay, but also useful to introduce stuff like Subaru and some of the Gouma's matter).
- They switched the time when they find out about the minoshiro, and that totally makes a big difference in the main plot.
- And, seriously, the worst, Kiroumaru's design, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT, A BARA-BAKENOZUMI?! Dude, Kiroumaru wasn't THAT tall, he is only a bit taller than 13 year old kids, and he only looked bold and big because his armor, but not THAT much, he is rather skinny, but athletical nevertheless. And his face is way larger, also he's a lot kinder towards the kids.

And many more, but there's one positive difference or two:

- Reiko, introducing her to the story was a very good idea, in the anime you never come to know her name or what she did before she was killed. I expect they do something about Saki's sister too.

So, we just have to wait how they'll develop all this, however, I still don't like how they developed all of the lore in SSY.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics