Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 201votes)

Not Lives

Alt Names: alt ノットライヴスalt Nieżywi
Author: Karasuma Wataru
Artist: Karasuma Wataru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaEcchi EcchiMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Mikami is only in high school, but he is a game designer genius. He has created many popular games ranging from RPGs to Action titles, even puzzle games. At his classmate’s request, he decides his next project will be a romance game, so he begins to gather research material that will help him make another hit game. But when Mikami gets home, he finds a game called Not Alive that he doesn’t remember buying. When he tries to play the game, the CD seems to go inside him, and he awakens in a part of town that seems frozen in time.
Go to Not Lives Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

420 Comments

Still a bit confused by how they brought her back to "life"? I enjoyed the series overall but the ending left me wanting something different.. Maybe a shorter timeskip, Mikami looks like an old man and Kyouka still looks like she's a grade schooler. 

Quite cocky of him to claim he "created" the game, when all he did was remove permadeath from it...

That aside, it's nice to see the author didn't completely forget about the childhood friend.

If I recall correctly he wanted to study how the game worked so he could make an better game but hell he might of gone the ALO arc way :P Take the base code of SAO. Change a few things and call it a new game :3

mah rcon scene where he cheats ;(

maybe he hasn't had the experience of using server remote control, could've been better, but i still see this being animated in the next 10 years

Well it wasn't very popular... It didn't even get a mention on the cover of the final issue. But if it get's an anime more not lives the better :P

Well, it was a pleasure to follow this manga so many years. Thanks to the mangaka and Waterflame Scanlations for everything.

Quite cocky of him to claim he "created" the game, when all he did was remove permadeath from it...

That aside, it's nice to see the author didn't completely forget about the childhood friend.

Not impressed

mah rcon scene where he cheats ;(

maybe he hasn't had the experience of using server remote control, could've been better, but i still see this being animated in the next 10 years

At the very least the author didn't forget Mikami's initial goal of joining Not Alive, to study it so it can help himself create the ultimate game. Nice to see his dream get fulfilled at least.

Hoping for the author next work! :)

Alright its over, decent overall but as usual japan deliver another lackluster ending. Its missing a little something cant put the word on it. oh well at least the guy saved the girl.

Not impressed

Thanks for scanslating this manga to its end, Waterflame Scanlations.

Nononono you don't just delete Amamiya like that, I can't accept that as well

Perhaps she was undergoing GM conversion/deletion, but because her opponent was exploiting, there was a glitch in the system...  But then again that might not be the case since that opponent had already eliminated other players...

Slowdelfi is on the air again.
When a program runs multiple threads in parallel, it opens possibilities for a whole new class of bugs. A common subclass of them are "data races", when several threads access a single location without a proper order.
Spoiler

So, each time the miscrafted code is run, there is a certain chance it will behave wrong. For some instances, this chance is 1:2. For others, it may be as small as 1:1000000.
Naturally, the more times you run this code, the greater is the chance that at least one of them will break your program.
And there was a certain thing Maze did way more times than a normal player, and in a way that was probably not even properly tested.

tl;dr the fact the game didn't break when Maze used her trick before doesn't mean Discord Motion did not break it the last time.

man talk about an anti-climactic final boss fight, looks like this series got the axe. If she lives I hope they bring back maze through an asspull, she got the shaft. 

Will he create his own true ending? Oh man :D

Is he gonna use the rcon or not?

Ok, guess I will unfollow this.  It was a good read up until now, oh well!

ehh, why? if they are only 2 chapters left 

Ok, guess I will unfollow this.  It was a good read up until now, oh well!

What the fuck just happened

Author just announced on his Twitter that Not Lives ends in the next issue with Chapter 53 after nearly 5 years in serialization.

https://twitter.com/krsmwtr/status/780708039489835008

Sucks, but I guess he has his reasons.

Author just announced on his Twitter that Not Lives ends in the next issue with Chapter 53 after nearly 5 years in serialization.

https://twitter.com/krsmwtr/status/780708039489835008

What is this, Hunger Games? 

It actually feels more like an RPG version of WIXOSS. I know this came before WIXOSS and therefore I gotta wonder if Okada Mari got a lot of her ideas from this FOR WIXOSS...

Please let this be the "last arc" or just end it with the final fight with the GM/s...

Kay, so what about his wish?

There's one thing that's painfully obvious to me, and if this manga is still as predictable with its habit of spoiling its own twists several chapters in advance (literal clock-hand, fire=smoke, etc...)

There's one logical step that is functionally the same thing as wishing for more wishes but actually works when you get to 'modify' some part of the fundamental structure of reality: protagonist uses that wish to create an exploitable bug that allows him some (not necessarily infinitely powerful) ability to modify things again.

Give a programmer a wish and they'll root the universe.

Spoiler

He felt bad about leaving Amamiya alone? So he won again to give her a brother?

Then where did his

Spoiler

Not a bad twist, I certainly didn't see it coming

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics