Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.13 - 211votes)

Tokage no Ou

Alt Names: alt トカゲの王alt 蜥蜴之王alt The Lizard Kingalt Tokage no Oalt Tokage no Oh
Author: Iruma Hitoma
Artist: Kamizuki Shiki
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSmut SmutSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: I have a superpower. I am a heretic thrust out from the world of common sense, possessing a power in both my eyes and the ability to "repaint the world".

...Although, all I can do is change the color of my eyes, which is pretty useless. I hate going home because of my parents, so I decided to "train" my superpower at an old abandoned building, praying that the hidden power within my eyes would awaken.

And yet, what I found was a man missing several fingers on the verge of death, a classmate showing off way too much skin, the strongest assassin alive, a man who can jump in mid-air, and a bunch of other crazy people. Is this the world I've always wanted to be a part of...?

-manga adaptation of the light novel
Go to Tokage no Ou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Theories and ideas- What will his powers be New Window Njmanga
  • 29 Replies
Topic animal names New Window DevilzCry
  • 1 Replies
Topic I'm about to dich this manga in two chapters [Spoilers] New Window Evan Dark
  • 24 Replies
Topic Does anyone have spoilers from the LN? New Window coolxal
  • 2 Replies

770 Comments

Are you fucking kidding me? I said that if after all this, he woke up in the hospital without having done a single shit, I'd murder this mangaka. 

Anyone knows this motherfucker's address? x.x

IT'S A MOTHER FUCKING MIRACLE!!!!!!!!! an mc not fooled by the villan. omfg. i thought i would never see it happen but it did. i was about to rage kill someone if he decided to go all lovey-dovey with her.

Definitely going to have to sit down one day once the prologue is over and read it all in one go. Maybe it'll be better that way, maybe things will become more clear since there wouldn't a whole fucking month between these chapters. We'll see.

whc0Rv7.jpg

Just saying, the prologue itself could have been a stand-alone series.

maybe this manga will get finished when the prologue get finished too ?

(after all, probably it's only contain prologue all over)

Continue like this and you will see your deserved axe flyin' your way.

sigh ... when you have fav manga, they get axed ...

and when something LIKE THIS appear, the axe won't do anything ...

oh humanity ... *x* ...

What awaits our powerless hero? I think it will be a path created by a Biatch! I bet he's still going to get played for a long time by that crazy &$%)#"=!}$%&%&//4! 

This is going to be one of those manga where you can't help but love all the characters (or most) but at the same time you're going to hate them all...

Just saying, the prologue itself could have been a stand-alone series.

FFIIISSSSSHEEEEEERRR

its gona be either the worst piece of crap in history or its gona be some what good but i cant imagine it being great

All dem feels. Someone's happy to be alive ^______^

I'm kinda disappointed in this manga, hopefully it will get better.

Yea I know he cut off her arm. And, Tch, her arm's gonna stay that way huh...

Seriously, if this prologue ends without Tokage doing a single shit, I'll murder this mangaka.

Umm, didn't they say http://vatoto.com/read/_/170888/tokage-no-ou_v03_ch13_by_deus-ex-scans/9 so you should buy a ticket. ^^ Ah yeah, it is an author of the LN not the mangaka that wrote it so...

Aren't prologues normally short... ?  I can only imagine how long this story is going to take if we're still on the prologue and it's already been a year.

If I understand it right the prologue is basically the first volume of the light novel. So it is a prologue of the series rather than a single book.

* page 1-19*

Okay, at least nobody lost a finger hahahahaha

*page 20*

...Well, fuck.

if you just take this prolouge on its own then yes there is a plot. a very classic horror plot. "tokage enters a building and must fight to survive"

There are questions that remain to be answered, but the plot makes plenty of sense if you pay attention to what's going on. Personally, I'm finding it quite enjoyable.

plot? what plot? oh you mean the plot in the first 2 chapters that disappeared somewhere along with the timeline? the plot hasn't actually gone anywhere since chapter 3. hell it might still not have gone anywhere since chapter one. where still on the intro. if this were a novel, this chapter would be the first one and would be called prolouge and it'd be about half the book (book being 500 pages long) and people would be going, so~~ is this SAW in book form?

sad part is so far this manga has less plot than any of the saw movies.

i'm serious about their being almost not plot so far. i mean what do we know? that people have developed powers. that there is a new religious power around a girl with wings. that there is an underworld organization (yeah real original there). but thats all we know. well that and that the MC is currently powerless and will possibly be a wimp for a while. but what is the plot? is the MC gonna join the angel girls side or the underworld or some government organization? is he gonna try and take down one or more of the 3? is he gonna cry and piss himself from now on? we know NOTHING right now. thats the real reason i want the LN's translated. i need to know whats going on.

frankly after ch.1 the title should have changed to "Part 1: the Loss" or something. maybe then i could better accept this lack of progress towards a plot and just accept story progress period. actually if it had been changed to that title i would have been like "oh, he lost his eye ok we are getting somewhere now" then 2 chapters later after losing his eye be like "WHY IS IT SOO SLOWWWWW!" again.

Seriously, if this prologue ends without Tokage doing a single shit, I'll murder this mangaka.

get in line. i called first dibbs on the mangaka. i might let you have the editor though.

Tokage need the "all fiction" of kumagawa misogi
Spoiler

Also, illustration from 2 volume of LN:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ain't this the girl that just got her arm cut off? '~'

Spoiler

Also, illustration from 2 volume of LN:

Spoiler

Kill it with fire

Magikarp I choose y..., wait a sec, what!? Hmm, is it a reference that though the MC (in the prologue) is useless, weak, and being played with like a ragdoll by everyone, both "friend" and enemy, he will turn evolve into a Gyarados?

That said it would be nice if someone picked up the LN for translation, I like this story so far, but the questions are annoying to wait a month for.That being said I guess this has probably sold some LN editions of the story.

I think they would still think it's progressing slowly. Because we've already clarified that the MC is Tokage but, we still haven't been given a good enough reason on WHY he is the main character. They have 30 questions in the beginning and answer 1 question every month after making it a very exhausting manga. I would love to read the light novel but, as a monthly manga? I think i'd rather lose my own eye much like Tokage-kun.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.  To those saying the "Prologue" part of the titles are meaningless and that the story has already started, yes, it is meaningless, no one gives a shit about the titles.  What we do give a shit about is the ACHINGLY SLOW pace of the plot progression.  Like JKitty said, in a light novel that tackles this "prologue" in one go, it would be bearable, maybe even enjoyable.  But in a monthly manga?  Well fuck me with a stick.  This is a case of an unfortunately mis-paced adaptation.  I still have some love for this manga - great art, engaging set-up, promise of mystery, but... fuck.

thank you Jkitty, just thank you. i glad someone can throughly explain why no matter what anyone says that the pacing is crap and flooded with filler.

you just don't put filler in a monthly series. at least not early on. and especially not ever with as much as this series has.

I wouldn't call this filler, more so much a PLODDINGLY UNHURRIED plot.  The author seems determined to go at the pace of a turtle climbing a hill made of molasses.  And while they're bogged down in the details, the rest of us have raced up this hill and witnessed the end of the Universe.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, then the author has redefined it to be about two words by my measure, and has written about a paragraph in the past year.  It took Tolkien 12 years to write 9,250 pages, let's not take 12 years to write a single page.

You get the picture.

WHat .... WAHT THE FLYING FUCK  ....

13 chapters full of filler shits ... The plot don't even make much sense .......... i belive the author is trollnig ..... maybe the end of the LOOOOOOOONG PRolouge is actually the manga's 

There are questions that remain to be answered, but the plot makes plenty of sense if you pay attention to what's going on. Personally, I'm finding it quite enjoyable.

What.

The.

KARP!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics