Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 190votes)

The Friendly Winter

Alt Names: alt Da-jeong-han Gyeo-wulalt 다정한 겨울alt The Affectionate Winter
Author: Lee Jun
Artist: Lee Jun
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A girl with a rare growth disorder that leaves her in the body of a child at the age of 19 meets a boy with a mental disorder who has the mind of a small boy in a 17 year old form. 'The Friendly Winter' shares with us the endearing story of their day-to-day lives, joys and tribulations.

Note: The author has split the storyline into seasons. The volume number represents the season number.

Original webcomic: http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/friendlywinter
Go to The Friendly Winter Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The Friendly Winter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 298 Replies
Topic Guesses on the ending here. New Window d4rk
  • 7 Replies
Topic Korean Censorship of Webtoons??? New Window Comadrin
  • 4 Replies

702 Comments

Thanks as always SCS. Well at least these were good tears and not the usual ones.

Oh and the new raw chapter.
Spoiler
Thanx a lot for this amazing work.. Arigato !!
Thanks Supreme Cream Scanlations for translating this manga.
20. chapter was so heartwarming~ Thanks SCS :)
Awwww... This webtoon made me cry happy tears... This is really beautiful and heartwarming. Thanks SCS.

And Shiwoo's expression on ch19.... I wonder.....
Svine, you say the same thing everyday xD

As for Shiwoo and Dajeong, Dajeong played the cute kid card so that Shiwoo can be more natural around her and pamper her. She probably found out about his age just by asking and faked her own. As for the train station incident, if I were in Shiwoo's shoes, I'd think of Dajeong as a very mature little girl taking care of a disabled teenager.
thanks for the new chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<
@PLG
could be, I'm easy either way. let's wait till chp 24......
thank you for the fast updates !
thank you for the fast updates !
Great new chapter, thanks Supreme Cream Scans!
I love this manhwa so much. Probably my favorite after Noblesse
svines85--It does seem as if she's kind of played the "cute kid" card with Shiwoo; it's kind of a measure of how desperate she's been--she hates doing that, but it's the only card she's got. It's seemed so far like he doesn't know she's older than she looks.

But I was wondering because, OK she lost it and looked quite "kid-ish" in how she acted when they were looking for, and especially when they found, Min-Seong--but she also made it pretty clear that she considered herself the one who was supposed to be taking care of Min-Seong, and Min-Seong called her Nuna. So there's stuff there that might make him start to wonder if he's sharp.
@Vueiy

It's just that there's always two sides to a story, probably even more so in a family break up. That being said though, the author has really told this in such a way that the first thing most people are going to feel is hatred towards the mother. Me too.

But the author is giving us clues that there's more to it. Do we know that dad wasn't beating mom mercilessly every single day? No...Do we know that dad wasn't being unfaithful? No.

Me, I have trouble believing mom and her actions are going to be able to be fully redeemed....but I'm trying to keep an open mind too.
Thanks for the rapid releases! Such a great series!
@ Havoc She abandoned her husband and her own child, even telling the child that the reason she left was because of her. Then she goes off, gets married, and either gives birth to or simply mothers another child, one who's beautiful and normal, as far as growth goes. She saddled her own weakness on her own child and made her feel like a "defective product," so to speak. Even if she did more than just that, that alone is enough to be good enough reason to keep her away from the child she abandoned.
about whether Shiwoo knows how old Da-Jeong is....it's really ambiguous so far. I mean, we know from her convo with her dad that she discussed age with Shiwoo so she could find out exactly how old he was, it'd seem natural to think her age came up. And since she seems to have a crush on him, it doesn't seem likely (to me at least) that she'd want him to think she was a child. hard to say for sure though, I don't think the story has really answered that definitely yet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
lol the father put the bitch mom in her place
pride before everything
@Purple Library Guy

I doubt it. Da-Jeong calls him oppa, which is like senpai, in Korean. Plus, Da seems to go into child mode around him. Remember she had him push her in that little yellow trike, and toss her into the air and stuff.
She just pretends to be a kid in front of him. Plus her stubbornness and crying this chapter was very child-like, which would only reinforce his belief that she is a kid.
The one thing I'm unclear about--does Shiwoo know how old she actually is?
Shiwoo's face is great, can't tell yet if it's just shock over the situation or if he's somewhat jealous of the atention Da-Jeong gives to Min-Seong, afterall, she's not just his cute little fan anymore
One thing funny about this series...each chapter, someone cries for one reason or another. THERE'S ALWAYS TEARS INVOLVED!
Thanks SCS. Gone for a day and come back to a tear jerker chapter. *wipes eyes* Darn allergies.Posted Image
Thanks for another great chapter Supreme Cream Scans!!
Every single chapter is a cliffhanger...
Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics