Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.55 - 259votes)

Baketeriya

Alt Names: alt 化けてりやalt Baketeriaalt Бакетерия
Author: Yoshiyuki Takahashi
Artist: Yoshiyuki Takahashi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiHarem HaremHorror HorrorRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Every good thing in Naoya Kamitani's life comes with a catch: He managed to get into a prestigious university... missing the fine print that he'll be sacrificed to appease dark beings. When he arrives at the school, he immediately runs into a man with all the answers... who never tells him the whole truth. A rather pretty girl wants him all to herself... as her dinner. He gains the favor of the richest, most influential girl in school... and she's a total sadist. He even finds out he has a daughter... who sets fire to everything when she gets excited. Will Naoya come out on top? It's a long road ahead of him...
Go to Baketeriya Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Ichi or Ryou? New Window Wanderer
  • 4 Replies

476 Comments

It's nice to see the manga returning to its darkest roots.

The romantic comedy is all right but a bit of drama is needed from time to time.

I love how the mangaka threw this chapter in. Totally unexpected, but so awesome!

@TsunX I asked that question a while ago - and then after some answers from other readers - I agree that this is horror.

Horror doesn't mean the story is scary or creepy, and creepy stuff can be not horror (psychological instead).

It just has horror elements in it.

The other one was another manga I read here about something like a hotel/boarding house where a human protagonist came and it's all non-humans there.. A lot of horror elements but not scary :s

On a side note - yayy Ichii fanservice! Finally!

Yokai Apato. And that doesnt quite make sense. Thats like saying that because Ice Cream uses milk, it can be used to make cereal the same way. Horror elements shouldn't mean horror a genre tag. PPl look to tags to see whether there is or isnt something that they want at the time. I almost never want tragedy, so i look to tags to point it out. I also dont look for horror, so if I see a manga that has it tagged, i will be repelled. It, in a sense, breaks the tagging system to just throw horror and tragedy on there because it has elements of such things. A lot of ppl will get confused and falsly attracted and/or repelled.

Also just aquired another valid point. If this is labeled horror.....then why isn't Nurarihiyon no Mago labeled that way as well? Interesting, right?

This is so good, thanks for the update!

@TsunX I asked that question a while ago - and then after some answers from other readers - I agree that this is horror.

Horror doesn't mean the story is scary or creepy, and creepy stuff can be not horror (psychological instead).

It just has horror elements in it.

The other one was another manga I read here about something like a hotel/boarding house where a human protagonist came and it's all non-humans there.. A lot of horror elements but not scary :s

On a side note - yayy Ichii fanservice! Finally!

For some reason I can read it here. I didn't do anything unusual. I'll report it and hopefully they can fix it.

Chapter 19 isn't working for me aswell, however if you go to the japanzai site you can read it on their online reader or you can just wait till it's working on batoto.

Chapter 19 not working for anyone else?

nope, not working at all

and omfg next time I see a misplaced Horror tag im going nuts. Just because it's about youkai doesn't automatically make it horror. Jesus. this is like the third one now. Ibitsu is horror. Another can be considered horror. This? This isn't horror. 

You can check it out at Japanzai's website. They have their own online reader.

Spoiler

19 not working. Scanlator restrictions?

And, we go from weird to weirder for even Baketeriya. I suspect though there's going to be a good reason for all this

Why is Ichii so perfect?  I don't even know if I would still like this or not if she wasn't in it

TBH, the beginning of this manga is just nuts. Half of the time I was wondering what the heck is going but it turned out to be good story. Thumbs up.

As for the rape, murder etc. in manga.

Bad shit happens in real life so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't happen in fictional story.
Also, people who are fine with murder but not rape (in fiction) are damn hypocrites.

My two cents.

I'm fine with rape as long as it doesn't happen to an actual character

TBH, the beginning of this manga is just nuts. Half of the time I was wondering what the heck is going but it turned out to be good story. Thumbs up.

As for the rape, murder etc. in manga.

Bad shit happens in real life so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't happen in fictional story.
Also, people who are fine with murder but not rape (in fiction) are damn hypocrites.

My two cents.

I love this.

No seriously.

And the time-skip wasn't really a time-skip, so don't worry people. Nothing changed. Not one bit.

No, that was a well timed time skip. There would have been no major event within that one year and just some minor events. Filler time to say the least. There had to be a type of forced event which jumpstarts the story. Now, the truth behind everything is revealed and now, It becomes interesting. Though that is not to say this wont end soon, but lets face it, great mangas should end great..instead of bringing back the mc over and over again...
Apparently, Ichii thinks Kamitani's ass tastes great. :P
If the author was just going to time skip, why didn't he just put the deadline a month or two ahead instead of a whole year?
Did this get the axe? Normally 1 year time skips aren't a positive sign of continuation (Think how MxO ended)

i still don't get his(the villian) power?

Could someone explain it to me?

Yea I'm fine with the one year time skip, we just get to the good part faster. But if there was some development during his attempts to win over youkai then the time skip would've been bad but from the looks of it, nothing seems to have changed he just failed.
i don't really see the problem with the 1 year skip, whould you really like slow chapters of hima failing all the time only slowly coming to the important part? i think if it wasn't time skipped it would be more milking for it
that's the most fail petrification pose I had ever seen ... =3= ...
hmm, skip one year ... I wonder what the mangaka plan for this ...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics