Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 182votes)

Kuroshitsuji

Alt Names: alt Black Butleralt El Mayordomo Negroalt 검은 집사alt 黒執事alt Kara Kahyaalt Piru Hovimestariksialt خادم سیاه
Author: Toboso Yana
Artist: Toboso Yana
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Among the noble families of Victorian England exists Sebastian Michaelis, butler to the Phantomhives. He has unquestionably impeccable knowledge of all subjects, including etiquette, martial arts and cooking, as well as talents in every other area imaginable.

However, though Sebastian is undeniably perfect, he is forever destined to meet the needs of his 12 year old master, Ciel. Wearing a black tailcoat whilst gracefully brewing the world's strongest red tea, why is it that such a high class butler chooses never to leave the side of such a frustrating master? And what is the truth behind his perfection? The secrets of Sebastian and the tragedies of his cunning young master slowly unfold as the duo goes up against many terrible and unexpected foes.
Go to Kuroshitsuji Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kuroshitsuji's Latest Chapter Discussion New Window ndanix
  • 18 Replies
Topic Who is the best Kuroshitsuji character? New Window yamikami
  • 11 Replies

335 Comments

My smile was exactly as theirs in page 24.

Also, chapter 19096? For how many ages have I slumbered?

Holy shit, I didn't know black butler had 19 thousand chapters.

Chapter 19096...

Welp!

So mustard gas was the curse and sodium hypochlorite was the cure... wonder what the ultimate magic will turn out to be...

The first LSD :D

aha... so. that 'other ciel' in his flashbacks was.... his soul?

you're question confuses me...what do you mean by "how"? If animes were adapted from mangas by arcs, it would save us a lot of time from filler episodes.

I was talking about the Season 2 ending, at the time i haven't read about it and I only heard rumors, soo...

God dammit Queen, that is some ugly handwriting,

so glad to see Ciel back. Even Sebastian immediately stopped feeding.

i also loved how Ciel still remembers what he was like before. loved his embarassing face

haha that queen truly is crazy though. she has something wrong with her. but this is where the story is going to start getting really good   >_<

So mustard gas was the curse and sodium hypochlorite was the cure... wonder what the ultimate magic will turn out to be...

I'll miss the shy, sincere and scared Ciel, but I like the determined one better.

I believe we'll still see a shy Ciel, given how comic relief is need here and there and Ciel messes up and blushes are sight to behold.

I started rereading this and I noticed a...peculiarity.

In the first chapters, there's a reference to Superman, there's mentions of video games, the implication of TV's existence, and the use of a cell phone. Then in chapter 6... Jack the Ripper.

It seems as though the series was originally set in a more modern time period and then...

Any thoughts?

On the first book, the author explained in the author notes at the end that it was an alternate universe (more like a "parallel world" with how it's translated in my french edition) [and that she didn't know anything about England as well, at least at the time], so I guess that explains the presence of later created technology, or at least is a good excuse for using it.

In the first chapters, there's a reference to Superman, there's mentions of video games, the implication of TV's existence, and the use of a cell phone. Then in chapter 6... Jack the Ripper.

It seems as though the series was originally set in a more modern time period and then...

Any thoughts?

A mistake the author later corrected.

Thanks for the chapter Black Asylum.

as usual, the art is great and nice story :)

Sebastian's face when Ciel apologized XD

Chap 95. is one of my favourite chapters so far. I really admire Ciel not because he decided to get revenge but because he decided to go forward, he is living with his past instead of living in it.

I'll miss the shy, sincere and scared Ciel, but I like the determined one better. All that developped his character and showed his human side, it developped his relationship with his servants, it was wonderful to read.

At the same time though, I really would have loved seeing Sebastian eating Ciel's soul as well, but that would have ended the story, so it's better this way I guess.

I like Sullivan. I hope she comes to live with Ciel in Phantomhive Manor! Hilarious hijinks with Elizabeth will commence!

Any thoughts?

The problem with adapting from arcs is the production team.  You have to pay people to stick around if you want a continuous series, it's no good if the main artists and VA's have other jobs by the time you get back around to doing the next arc.  Anime cost $50K at a minimum per ep, and high quality ones can be $200K or more.  These are cheaper with large volumes of work done by the same company, but having a show done by arc vs season is very risky, and startup and development costs would have to be redone each time.  With something as crazy popular as SnK/AoT or Code Geass it seems they can afford to do that, but most can't.  The industry does seem to be changing a bit as things move to new, smaller companies.  It's great that Kuroshitsuji hasn't been forgotten like so many others (I'm sure the recent movie and sold out musicals have helped a lot); we'll see how far they get with the sporadic arc releases.

of course practicality isn't there but selfish as I am as simply being a consumer, I was speaking with complete disregard to the production costs.

you're question confuses me...what do you mean by "how"? If animes were adapted from mangas by arcs, it would save us a lot of time from filler episodes.

The problem with adapting from arcs is the production team.  You have to pay people to stick around if you want a continuous series, it's no good if the main artists and VA's have other jobs by the time you get back around to doing the next arc.  Anime cost $50K at a minimum per ep, and high quality ones can be $200K or more.  These are cheaper with large volumes of work done by the same company, but having a show done by arc vs season is very risky, and startup and development costs would have to be redone each time.  With something as crazy popular as SnK/AoT or Code Geass it seems they can afford to do that, but most can't.  The industry does seem to be changing a bit as things move to new, smaller companies.  It's great that Kuroshitsuji hasn't been forgotten like so many others (I'm sure the recent movie and sold out musicals have helped a lot); we'll see how far they get with the sporadic arc releases.

The Kuroshitsuji anime's third season will begin in July. This is going to adapt the arc "Noah's Ark Circus" (Volume 6-8). The arc Phantomhive Manor Murder Case (Volume 9-11) will be OVA and it's planned for this fall (in theaters).
http://www.kuroshitsuji.tv/http://www.kuroshitsuji.tv/ova/
http://www.kuroshitsuji.tv/movie/

How would they do that .... 0 - 0

Yes ! Yes ! Finally !

I love seing Sebastian as he really is, a demon ! There now, he is a Black Butler indeed. The little hints of BL and whatever thrown out the door even for a little while, I love it !

Poor Finny though, he didn't know what he was faced with, at least Sebastian didn't harm him, that's good enough already, I guess.

Pathetic creature! The Dark God will eat your dreams, and drink your soul.

WOW! Sebastian goes crazy! Never thought I'd see the day. Thanks Black Asylum!

Why did he actually degrade into this pathetic state? I am a bit shocked by this change of character, I thought he was rather ruthless amd determined, but most of all a very proud and hard-bitten kind of guy... I'd understand if it was memory loss but he does not seem to have lost any memories... makes me sad. The werewolf arc has been much, much better than the bishounen school fanservice arc though.

Well that is the difference between conquering and burying your trauma. If you want to learn more about it read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttraumatic_stress_disorder

ohh I need moreee~

By the way, Thank you for the new chapter Black Asylum..  ^^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics