Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.41 - 108votes)

Hanayashiki no Juunintachi

Alt Names: alt 花やしきの住人たちalt 聖花女子宿舍青春物語alt Flower Mansion's Residentsalt Hanayashiki no Juunin-tachialt Hanayashiki no Jyunin-tachi
Author: Katsura Asuka
Artist: Katsura Asuka
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiGender Bender Gender BenderPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sakura Aki is a penniless high schooler who likes to cook and does other "unmanly" things. His grandfather and father are disciplinary on gender roles and beat up Aki everytime he does a thing that women would usually do, like cleaning. When his father leaves him absolutely broke, and with his grandfather realizing Aki's "unmanly" flaws, he sends him to live at one of the dorms at an all girls' school that he runs, a school where distinguished young ladies of the country attend, the Hanayashiki - Flower Estate-, to teach him a lesson.

He meets Kitahiro Renge, a girl with un-ladylike manners and a meat loving obsession. An encounter that's going to save Aki Sakura or just another problem in sight?!
Go to Hanayashiki no Juunintachi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

114 Comments

Bumped it up from 4 to 5 stars!!

It's the first time I felt like my vote matters T-T

It looks cute and promising, but the "psychological" and "tragedy" tags keep me from reading it.

Yeah, one more chapter and my opinion didn't change even a lill bit... Sad, as I said before the setting was promising, I would love it if wasn't so overdramatic...

Really enjoyed how tense this chapter was, and how it played out from the start to the end.

Supposed to become manly?  Actually, I was expecting it to be about the attempt to impose manliness on him and his ultimately successful efforts to fend off violence to his identity by close-minded dorks.  With maybe a bit of romance blended in.  So this isn't really what I was expecting either.

But School Days?  Honestly, why does anyone even bother mentioning that thing?  School Days was, basically, crap.  And it has had almost zero actual influence on anything that came after.  But it had a shock in it so everyone remembers and insists on comparing it to tons of stuff which is never remotely like it.

People compare it because it started out as a typical romantic manga with a love triangle and then everything just went batshit crazy.
That's why people compare it over and over again. Not because it was good or had any influence.

This is why I should check out tags before I start reading something..........
And Ayame is best girl!

Love triangles are why we can't have nice things.

This is one of the most twisted mangas I've ever seen :/ and it's awesome for that.

EDIT: btw just 3 more chapters? It's a damn shame :/

I've started reading it today and I have something I really wanna say right now, after reading 12 chapters of it... FUCK YOU Katsura Asuka!!!

Even thought I remember reading the Psycho and Tragedy tags, after reading 2 chapters I forgot about it and though it would be just a light love comedy manga, cause that's where Renge belongs, a romantic comedy, not a fucking heavy drama manga like this! This is so fucking heartbreaking that made so pissed that I would punch Katsura on her face right now! I'm not saying it's a bad manga, it does have a good plot but seriously what good would come from reading something so dramatic as real life? I'm not that type of person so I can't understand it.
Phew... I already fell a lot better after typing all this, forgive me for the big text and rage, it's just a moment thing and I do like Katsura Asuka's Billionare Girl, so to make it clear I don't hate her nor would punch her on the face.

PS: I'm still following it cause I feel like I've already gone too far so there's no looking back...

The plot is every where, but I can't say that I don't like it. :D

Caught up in just one day and basically when i reached the end of the latest chapter i was like nooooooooo. Great manga so far tho renge needs a little more depth in character imo even tho her character is kinda justified through her past

what a terrible second forced confession, obviously the answer is no

I have a bad feeling the MC is also going to suffer from his own little bout of depression and possible insanity from his own family troubles...

This "Hanayashiki - Flower Estate" might very well be an asylum or something

Don't be silly. This is manga. In the end the MC's family will get back together, everyone will be paired up and live happily ever after!

Never mind the fact that the entire cast are sociopaths, suicidal and/or psychopathic on top of the hyper-traditional Japanese background (a school for distinguished young women? Did somebody say, 'trophy wives'?)

I swear that this manga lost its initial direction....wasn't Sakura supposed to become 'manly' as he stayed in the dorm....now it's just School Days

Supposed to become manly?  Actually, I was expecting it to be about the attempt to impose manliness on him and his ultimately successful efforts to fend off violence to his identity by close-minded dorks.  With maybe a bit of romance blended in.  So this isn't really what I was expecting either.

But School Days?  Honestly, why does anyone even bother mentioning that thing?  School Days was, basically, crap.  And it has had almost zero actual influence on anything that came after.  But it had a shock in it so everyone remembers and insists on comparing it to tons of stuff which is never remotely like it.

I have a bad feeling the MC is also going to suffer from his own little bout of depression and possible insanity from his own family troubles...

This "Hanayashiki - Flower Estate" might very well be an asylum or something

I swear that this manga lost its initial direction....wasn't Sakura supposed to become 'manly' as he stayed in the dorm....now it's just School Days

I don't really see it like that, the whole school days analogy doesn't fit either as they are plenty of other psychological manga's which would be closer as this is more about family problems.

As for the manly thing initial reason was sending him to an all girls school thinking that being around only women (especially the tombish types) would bring out the man in him and in certain situations it has, especially how he deals with the current situation will be key to that exact goal.

Had to re-read the entire thing...been so long since the last update. X_X

Yeah, propably a good idea.

I have no clu anymore, but major WTF anyway.

I leave 1 chap behind... and all the WTFz happen in 1 chap...

what the hell is going on... why does it feel like school days really wants to get reborn?

Not sure if epic dad or epic troll-dad...

Had to re-read the entire thing...been so long since the last update. X_X

Chapter Title makes me queasy. 

Sheesh, just get it over with and read the chapter already. It's not as bad as you're making it out to be anyways. xD

Here the link for the two vol's raws if any wanna be spoiled, i love the ending, even when i dont understand a thing xD

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/uovi5571nvu9j/Hanayashiki

Chapter Title makes me queasy. 

@brokensword Sorry dude, look at bakaupdates

School Days, Reborn

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics