Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 506votes)

Taiyou no Ie

Alt Names: alt Ang Bahay ng Arawalt たいようのいえalt Evdeki Güneşalt House of the Sunalt 태양의 집alt La Casa del Solalt La Casa del Solealt Rumah Mataharialt Солнечный дом
Author: Taamo
Artist: Taamo
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: “Back in the day, that place was a house filled with magic—a place where you ended up smiling even if you were crying. Surely, an invisible wizard must have lived there. Or so I thought.”

What’s a young child to do when her mother leaves her father for another man? Or when her father remarries a woman who brings along a child from a previous marriage? Or when her childhood neighbor friend invites her to live with him?

~ Most chapters have been removed due to DMCA notices ~
Go to Taiyou no Ie Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Taiyou no Ie New Window Swifft
  • 6 Replies
Topic Taiyou no Ie official discussion New Window Valcherion
  • 23 Replies

833 Comments

One of my favourite mangas, ever.

I fell in love with Mao from the start and fell deeper in lover every time she struggled and grew as a girl, as a woman and as a human. She was so cute all the time, through the tough and bad times and even the good times. The author made the characters really well and even the plot and character development was so smooth that there can never be complains. The family issues were done as humanely as possible I think, there are so many mangas where forgiveness and reconciliation is so easy but this showed how to gain forgiveness, how to reconcile and get through stuff together.

Thank you to the author for being such a genius that showed how us humans grow and develop together, how you can get through things if there's one person with you.

Thanks to the scanlators for the hard work and I myself am hoping for many more cute adorable extras. This manga satisfied my and it was amazing, no complaints.

no time skip :c awww. oh well i still love the ending(hoping in secret for a bonus chap)

Daiki can be with me. I LOVE TALL BOYS. AND GLASSES.

Are we talking about 50 extra chapters? Because I think that's the bare minimun to satisfact me.

Really loved the idea that Mao is Hiro's "sun" in the same way that Hiro is Mao's. Also Hina-chan saying "I'm Home" was a golden moment considering what they've all went through. The feels were brought out. All in all, it really makes for a nice, fitting conclusion.

I loved this series so much! 10/10 would certainly read again. :) Onto the extra chapters!

Edit: Before I forget, a huge thanks to Maigo for scanlating! Thank you for bringing this gem of a work to us all.

I wish I got into the series earlier. Ahh that was a good read. I really love this manga

This was beautiful. T_T 

*All throughout this series* QUIT BEING SO CUTE!!!!

*Series ends* COME BACK WE NEED MORE CUTE!!!!!!

There is no happy middle in something that produces so much happiness.

Where are the announcements?

Taiyou no Ie has finally come to a close and it ended perfectly but what's better is that is still has some extra chapters. Oh my goodness, if we see older Mao and Hiro with children... AKJFDLKJLFSKJLKWJLKWF!!!! Final pages with Hiro x Mao were so damn cute though. Mao acting so dense about Hiro meaning he wants to marry her in the future. xDD Overall, this is by far one of my favourite shoujo romance manga I've read so far. Gosh, now I'm dying for an anime adaptation announcement already!!

magi_gif_by_phantomdare1-d5h97x7.gif

Worth it. This is one of the manga that I really "feel" when I read. In the end, I'm just happy for the characters. Especially for Mao.

Sniff... beautiful. I can't believe it's over. I absolutely loved it, there is not one complain I can think of.

The last chapter gave me diabetis ;_; I hope an omake shows their kids

So nice T.T

Now on to some nice extra chapters, hopefully with some glimpse at everyones future. ^^

Did anyone else have happy feels tears or just me
Spoiler

Also, regarding that title drop...
Spoiler

That was so wonderful. Great way to wrap this up.

Ah I really enjoyed this from start to finish <3

Very honest, it doesn't really sugar coat or drag on situations for too long.

I wonder if Taamo has another long-term project in mind? I'd definitely love to read it.

Making my bet there's going to be an extra to give insight on the ending (oh boi).

Good run :'D Thank you Maigo scans for wrapping it up! I can't wait for the extra chapters.

An end comes to one of the most honest shoujos I've read in a while. Haven't felt this sad since Lovely Complex anime ending.

This has been so good, so wonderfully good from beginning to end.  This is why I read manga.

I cried my eyes out ;_:

I knew this was the last chapter, but it still hurts to see it end...Glad there are extra chapters comming =)

Spoiler

<3

Now that series is complete, can this get an anime adaptation? Please?

My reaction when

-Next chapter will be the last one.

tumblr_lvnt2vrGCt1qaw7nl.png

Crap I wasn't ready for this ;_;

What the----

I was certainly NOT ready for that note at the end. I need an epilogue. A whole freaking 60 page epilogue with Daiki's menopause.

That aside, this chapter was damn sweet. Yum.

Such a sweet chapter <3.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics