Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.39 - 109votes)

Saki

Alt Names: altalt 咲 -Saki-alt 咲‐Saki‐
Author: Kobayashi Ritz
Artist: Kobayashi Ritz
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports SportsSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Miyanaga Saki is a high school freshman who doesn’t like mahjong. Ever since she was a child, she would lose her New Year’s gift money during her family mahjong game. If she won, her parents would be upset, and if she lost, well, she lost.

As a result, she’s learned to play in such a way that her score always remains plus/minus zero: not good enough to win, but not bad enough to lose. When we meet her, she’s being dragged to her school’s mahjong club by an old friend. How will a girl who hates mahjong, yet has become adept at the game as a result of her upbringing, survive in this environment?

============Notice================
Unfortunately the comic (or parts of it) was scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============

Spin-offs:

> Saki-Biyori
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-biyori-r2845 )

> Saki-Biyori - Otona no Maki
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-biyori-otona-no-maki-r2846 )

> Saki: Achiga-hen - episode of side-A
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a-r2824 )

> Side Story of - Saki - Shinohayu the Dawn of Age
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/side-story-of-saki-shinohayu-the-dawn-of-age-r9683 )

> Toki
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/toki-r19434 )

> Ritz
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ritz-r8860 )
Go to Saki Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anybody here play Riichi Mahjong because of this manga? New Window pantsu
  • 6 Replies

383 Comments

so lure in Teru with Sweets and lure saki with Books

Hmmm

These SISTERS
MAN

Lure in Yuki with taco's and lure in Nodoka with Saki. Everybody has a hook in this series.

so lure in Teru with Sweets and lure saki with Books

Hmmm

These SISTERS
MAN

PANCAKE! 8D

Wow... seems like Saki has been really misunderstanding her sister, huh? For Teru to acknowledge her already to this extent....

So aside from the hidden Norwegian agenda... Teru dislike Saki because Saki is escaping with plus minus zero tactics even when Teru told her the she is strong? She did acknowledge her. And maybe her pride is kinda hurting. Much worse, if Saki is actuaĺly much more stronger than her.

Now that she heard Saki is giving it all... Teru is softening on her and kinda feeling bad for doing stuff to her?

I have actually heard a fair number of people claim that both Teru and Saki are stronger than we have seen of them, yes. Perhaps we will (someday? ;_; ) see Teru finally really go all out.

I myself happen to be in the camp opinion-wise that Saki is actually one of the rare monsters beyond all monsters, like on a global level, but I think that part of her is scared of what she is like when she gets into that state.

At the moment I am kinda of the opinion that Teru correctly assessed and analyzed Saki's potential, yes, but saw that Saki did not want to go there, and they may have had a huge disagreement about it when they were younger and Teru was much less willing to bend in her opinions. This disagreement could have been compounded and made muddier by other problems or events as well (like the famous wheelchair scene or the separation of their parents, etc.)....

On a personal level I am awaiting the day when Saki will appear fully "uncloaked" power wise and will terrify everyone around her, but will somehow accept that part of herself and not be so fearful of it ... a sort of "chaining of the demon" inside her, in a way. It is possible she may decide to not compete professionally, though. I would kinda like to see her become a simple Mahjong coach on some level, perhaps even for younger kids and help spread the "tanoshi" she felt as a child.

Sappy, I know ... but there you are. XD

So aside from the hidden Norwegian agenda... Teru dislike Saki because Saki is escaping with plus minus zero tactics even when Teru told her the she is strong? She did acknowledge her. And maybe her pride is kinda hurting. Much worse, if Saki is actuaĺly much more stronger than her.

Now that she heard Saki is giving it all... Teru is softening on her and kinda feeling bad for doing stuff to her?

They are really like sisters and once again RItz is drawing half-asset in end. 

I know there's a flashback coming, but I have a tingly feeling Ritz is going to make a spinoff for Teru.

Teru's going to kill the hopes and dreams of mahjong prospects. She reminds me of a verse in 1st Peter 5v8 in the KJV.

I'm conflicted.

Teru goes 180 on her character as well, with no prior hints. It's like we needed a new character that wasn't a complete asshole but you can't kill any of the characters.

Actually, Im not surprised about it. Considering Saki's flashbacks of her seems really kind sister. Its more like why i am wondering why she all got ass on saki.. plus the more we delve into the really deep Miyanaga issues, the more i understand. It was enough to not consider it a 180.
Is this real? The inking, screen tone, and background are complete for real.
Is Ritz finally found her father or what?

I'm conflicted.

Those color pages were amazing, but then the remaining pages were disappointing.

I mean I don't know what I want. I want both, color + inked, but at the same time I want something to happen. It's been so long that I'm reading to see what Ritz has inked, and I have no idea what the story is. 

Teru goes 180 on her character as well, with no prior hints. It's like we needed a new character that wasn't a complete asshole but you can't kill any of the characters.

She's an author of a series that got three anime seasons, with guaranteed fourth. This series popularity is so high that no one dares to touch Ritz.

Guaranteed fourth!? Finals? :o or is that Saki Biyori? It got one:D

so, there I was browsing when my manga senses tingle, so I take a look at batoto and lo and behold, a new chapter of saki!

and it's beautiful, fully inked coloured pages, we get to follow teru and...

nine pages?

by the way, I'm not complaining, these nine pages probably kicked an anthill by denying most of our beliefs on Teru, and once again, the colour pages are beautiful

For a 9-page chapter, we get a lot of insight into Teru.

My opinion of Teru changed completely. Turns out she's just a clumsy and kinda delicate (mentally) girl. I didn't think she was a bad person, and thought she's been acting like she doesn't know Saki, for Saki's own sake (since Saki didn't want to be involved in mahjong any more), but I thought she was stronger mentally.

9 incomplete pages I might add. Can't believe the editors and publishing company would publish this incomplete chapter 

She's an author of a series that got three anime seasons, with guaranteed fourth. This series popularity is so high that no one dares to touch Ritz.

Dammit Ritz, 9 pages after 2 months?

9 incomplete pages I might add. Can't believe the editors and publishing company would publish this incomplete chapter 

For a 9-page chapter, we get a lot of insight into Teru.

Dammit Ritz, 9 pages after 2 months?

A break till December.

Why am I sure that the chapters won't be fully inked anyway?

Looks like those color pages drained Ritz of all mana points.

I see Ritz is back to 9-page chapters. Geezer, worse than ippo's author. Ah well, still waaaaaay better than hiatus x hiatus.

167 might be the worst one yet in terms of drawing. No inking, 9 pages (admittedly the first 3 are good imo), and some characters not even drawn properly (or even completely for that matter)...

That said I don't care for once because I want to know more about Teru and Saki.

Wow, page 3 of chapter 167. Ritz-Sensei is really going for the fan service and to prove all fan theories correct.

I want to think it's skin-colored.

Wow, page 3 of chapter 167. Ritz-Sensei is really going for the fan service and to prove all fan theories correct.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics