Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

SIU's Q&A Translations & Discussions

Question Answer

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States

POPULAR

Note: All are paraphrased. These are not "official" answers, so they may have changed.

Q: Is Yuri really 180cm tall? (06/20/2010)

Spoiler

Q: Does Zahard let his daughters act freely? If the Zahard's princesses are this strong, won't other regulars be at a disadvantage? (10/18/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Are Yuri and Rachel (Lahel) the only female protagonists? Can you tell us about the other female protagonists? (08/21/2010)
Spoiler

Q: What type of creature is the Gator? (09/06/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Can you really find everything at the top of the tower as Headon says? (10/02/2010)
Spoiler

Q: You said that the red haired witches and the silver haired dwarfs are famous races for their exceptional ability. What are the famous races for the wave controller position and the light bearer position? (11/08/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Urek took 50 years to climb the tower. How long did Lero-ro, Yuri, Yu Han Sung, and Headon take to climb the tower? (11/21/2010)
Spoiler

Q: In chapter 22, we see a bullet disintegrating in midair. Is this Baam's ability or Black March's? (12/24/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Is Baam ambidextrous or right-handed? (12/20/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Will Baam use a weapon later? (12/20/2010)
Spoiler

SIU: The first floor's contents foreshadow the entire story of Tower of God.

* Edit 1 *

Q: Will Baam become the king of the tower? (07/26/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Is Ashul Edwaru a ranker? An irregular? Do you create weapons from shinsoo? Do they forge the weapons in a way that we're familiar with? When were the weapons made? Before Zahard became a king? After he became a king? (10/02/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Are the outside world, Baam's place, and the Tower different places? Yuri said, "Even Evan, an A-grade guide, agreed that he's a normal human!" Can they assess the strength of others? (10/04/2010)
Spoiler

Q: How old is Baam? (11/22/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Where are Zahard and the Ranking Administrators? How many irregulars have entered the tower? [3rd question was not written] (08/01/2011)
Spoiler

* Edit 2 *

Q: If you can teleport or fly, can you go to the next floor? (09/12/2010)
Spoiler

Q: Aren't Zahard's daughters picked from rankers? Is Koon (Agero) climbing the tower because he was abandoned? I thought only the chosen ones were allowed to climb? (10/18/2010)
Spoiler

SIU: Yuri is a character for the later half, so I'm planning to save her until then. (07/13/2010)

SIU: Yuri and Lero-ro have met each other while climbing the tower. Yu Han Sung climbed the tower before Lero-ro and Yuri. If Yu Han Sung didn't mess around in Evankhell's floor, his rank would have been similar to Yuri's rank. (10/15/2010)

SIU: Lero-ro is about 2m tall. (11/08/2010)

SIU: If you get to know her, Lahel (Rachel), in fact, is a really charming character, haha. (12/14/2010)

Edit 3 *

---Written on 05/16/2011---

Q: How many bangs can Laure control? What about Myun and Soo?

Spoiler

---Written on 01/17/2011---

Q: Is there a place in the outer Tower (those under 134th floor) where nobody has passed/discovered?

Spoiler

Q: Baam is named after his birthday, the Twenty-fifth Night. How does Baam, a child without a family, remember this?

Spoiler

Q: Can a guide, like its name, find solutions or grasp the opponent's strength, bloodline, and ability? 

Spoiler

Q: Are there rules or laws in the Tower?

Spoiler

Q: Headon is called as the tower's veteran guardian, why is that?

Spoiler

Q: Are "shinheuhs" basically fishes that live in the Tower? 

Spoiler

Q: -A very long question-

Spoiler

---Written on 12/20/2010---

Q: Since Yuri was with Wingtree, is she also a part of Wingtree? How can you get into Wingtree?

Spoiler

Q: ?

Spoiler

---Written on 10/18/2010---

Q: Can the owner change a pocket's shape? What determines a pocket's rank?

Spoiler

Edited by LaFa, 20 June 2013 - 10:10 PM.

3 Pointing Back

3 Pointing Back

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNOLA
there are tests that allow exceptionally strong people to skip couple of floors.
As for the heroine, She will appear in the future.
Baam will use a weapon later

My favorite responses

zeilo

zeilo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
From the last answer, isn't SIU hinting Baam will win the tournament because he will be using a weapon?

BoldChild

BoldChild

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 676 posts
Thanks, this is great.

Actually answers a lot of questions I have been thinking about.

JFfDYT6.jpg

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts
thanks LaFa this was very informative will my question was answered so SIU does intend to give Baam a weapon that great to hear

Edited by gus, 13 November 2012 - 06:19 AM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

Furudo Erik

Furudo Erik

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 733 posts

From the last answer, isn't SIU hinting Baam will win the tournament because he will be using a weapon?

Well, he is the favorite to win the tournament, as the protagonist. And a talented Irregular.

Come to think of it, the Goongbang tournament is less a story of different teams clashing together, and more a question of "How the fuck are they going to stop Baam when he was able to tank Urek Mazino?!?!"

The only real countermeasure Team Leesoo has to Baam is Laure, and that guy's potential isn't even in the same league, especially when combined with Baam's developed talent for close quarters combat. Any attempts to exploit his lack of physical durability can easily be held in check by Teddy, who is at least at the level of the team's aces physically. Akraptor and Wagnan can then proceed to continue to keep the rest of the team in check with long to mid-range support.

Not to mention the psychological factor if any one of Team Leesoo is able to recognize him. And let's not even entertain the possibility of the opposite affecting them. Baam's determined enough to beat them within an inch of their lives, because he knows that the alternative is any one of them dying for real. He won't hesitate. It's the one thing that he never does.

Koon, on the other hand, provided that he doesn't know that Viole is Baam, is strategically capable of neutralizing Baam, and he's ruthless enough to do it, too. Edin has speed feats that can make extreme trouble for the team's weaker characters (leading to hostage situations), since the only member with speed feats is Baam, and naturally Koon will be putting him in check regardless of being aware of said speed feats.

On the other hand, if it's Team Koon vs. Team Leesoo, then I'm going to say that it comes down to the party makeup, since Ran and Novak seem to be adequete matches for Anak and Androssi, but will the rest of Team Koon be able to handle the Gator, Hatsu, and Leesoo's Killer Arts?

Probably not.

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I'll try to translate more Q&As once I get a chance to do so.
I also have to translate that comic in the Fanart section soon @.@

By the way, is there a way for me to add an apostrophe followed by a "s," following the word, SIU, in the title?

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

By the way, is there a way for me to add an apostrophe followed by a "s," following the word, SIU, in the title?

I am shocked xD
Just do an advanced edit of your first post. Then you will be able to edit the title as well.
And thanks for the translations, we, the lost children, definetly crave these translations like candy.

Edited by Will of NGE, 13 November 2012 - 06:51 AM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Lazy Tiger

Lazy Tiger

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 526 posts
Thanks LaFa. Great stuff you posted! :)

I want to ask you something though, just to be sure. These Q&A were posted by SIU in 2010 or more recently. Or were they asked in 2010 and only now SIU responded to them? It doesn't really matter for most of them when they were posted, but for some it does, for ex. for the one with the female protagonists...

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts
Wow, judging by these three:

Q: Are Yuri and Rachel (Lahel) the only female protagonists? Can you tell us about the other female protagonists?

Spoiler

Q: Will Baam use a weapon later?
Spoiler

I can guess that the real heroine is Black March, and also the weapon Baam is going to use in the future. Also if Rachel is just a female protagonist, maybe SIU will dare kill her off at some point, or just leave her behind and forget about her.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

oxygen

oxygen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

I find this sentence the most interesting. I had already theorized the paintings on the walls of the first floor seem to hold some significance but this seems to verify it.

Edited by oxygen, 13 November 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Rern

Rern

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts
From 2010?!

If that is true, then we can speculate who will be the heroine!! I'm a bit disappointed Baam isn't going to end up with Rachel (Am I the only crazy one? Lol)
So if it's from 2010, which female appeared already? Since SIU said the heroine will appear in the future, it means all the females that were in the story at that time aren't the heroine.

That means sadly, no Yuri, no Rachel. Was Anak, Androssi and Hwa Ryun introduced at that time? If they were, then you can count them out. Hope someone can clarify the date SIU posted this Q/A and the date Anak, Androssi and Hwa Ryun were introduced, but seeing the question about "red-haired witches" I would assume Hwa Ryun was introduced already. Then it means Androssi and Anak too. Sad for you supporters T^T

Since SIU said "fuuuutture", then it means he is hinting that it's in the far future, which would probably be now?
Does that mean...*gasp* Yeon Yihwa is the heroine?
If Yihwa ends up with Viole, I bet tons of fangirls, fanboys will be overjoyed. Hmmm, I don't think Repellista or Machenny will work with Baam.

Maybe, the heroine will appear FURTHER into the story? But that means SIU will have to keep introducing females just so Baam can break their hearts =.=
Come on~ This is such a tease!! Will it be Yihwa? Or maybe that "girl?" in the tub that says Emile.
What do you guys think?

Also thanks a lot LaFa!!

Edited by Hyomin Sun-Young, 13 November 2012 - 04:16 PM.

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan
Woooww!! I am speechless! Thank you LaFa! There is so much incredibly relevant information. And they also make me cry. Maybe it would be a good idea to add a gigantic SPOILER in the title :P

Q: Are Yuri and Rachel (Lahel) the only female protagonists? Can you tell us about the other female protagonists?

Spoiler

I knew that Rachel was a lot more than people think she is, by far. So besides being SIU´s favorite character, she is THE female protagonist. Obviously she cant be underestimated like the majority of fans are doing. Something that says a lot is that she isn´t the heroine, that someone else will be. Meaning that she won´t fulfil her desire to be the heroine of the story like Headon said. It is kind of sad too... It is saying that Yuri and Hwa Ryun won´t be protagonists or the heroines of the story and that says a lot.... :( :( :( :( :( :( My heart is shattered in a thousand pieces. I kept saying that the one to deserve to be with Baam more was Yuri and possibly be Baam´s heroine but... it seems not.... :( I was hoping for Hwa Ryun to redeem herself and become the counterweight to Headon´s plan with her ability to see the future and possibly change it. And then becoming the story´s heroine and end up with Baam but all that is thrown out of the window too.... I am deeply depressed

Q: Can you really find everything at the top of the tower as Headon says?

Spoiler

This says a lot. It probably means that the story won´t end at the 134th Floor but it will keep going until they reach the real top of the tower which would be awesome. Or maybe it will end in an open ending where it says the protagonists will keep climbing until they reach their dreams or something like that... laaameeee

Q: Urek took 50 years to climb the tower. How long did Lero-ro, Yuri, Yu Han Sung, and Headon take to climb the tower?

Spoiler

In the wiki it says that Yuri took 200 years. I think The Company needs to keep adding stuff at the end of chapters. Obviously there is so much information that is not in the webtoon. I haven´t seen this Q & A´s info at the wiki either(unless I haven´t been through :P).

Q: In chapter 22, we see a bullet disintegrating in midair. Is this Baam's ability or Black March's?

Spoiler

This answers a lot too. I wasn´t sure about what had happened. I thought that it had been Baam or the shinsoo trying to protect him like Gaara´s sand. But a lot of people kept pointing out that after that happened the Black March was highlighted so they were right. And it says a lot about Black March, she is willing to protect Baam, something that we haven´t seen Green April do with Anak. So the relationship is really quite strong. Which also foreshadows that the weapon Baam will have will be Black March

Q: Will Baam use a weapon later?

Spoiler

Black March! :D

This says a lot too. I don´t think the contents with Baam will be that important BUT Rachel´s content are the ones that will matter Which gives her a lot more power, even above FUG´s plan(unless Headon is part of Fug which I dont think so), and plot armor. Headon´s know probably everything about Rachel and Baam´s past. And Rachel´s motivations/past will be a major catalyst in the story. I have heard that Rachel means revenge in German. Not sure if SIU said that though.

Once more, thank you LaFa. It is a blessing having you with us in this forum. If I were reading this manwha at other sites I would miss so much info.

Edited by Cloud Strife, 13 November 2012 - 04:14 PM.

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

BoldChild

BoldChild

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 676 posts
http://vatoto.com/read/_/8/tower-of-god_v1_ch2_by_the-company

Scroll down to where Yuri is saying, "Hey Evan, Don't Just hide there".

Look at the wall Yuri is standing in front of, and look at how her hair is lined up.

Looks sorta like Viole, and looks like someone is standing behind him.

There is also three big walls shown in chapter one with depiction on them. The ones shown when Baam is seen standing up after going through the Towers door. The one on the far right kinda looks like Urek, but eh, I wonder.

Edited by BoldChild, 13 November 2012 - 04:22 PM.

JFfDYT6.jpg

inFamous

inFamous

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 453 posts
Awesome, at first I thought Baam wasn't ever going to need a weapon, but I guess that isn't the case. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will be.

Duvet

Duvet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationFinland
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2011/12/25/t/read4ef7b49469602/img000013.jpg scrolling a bit down. The Rachel chapters seemed to zoom into that pic several times, might be important character later on.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Scroll down to where Yuri is saying, "Hey Evan, Don't Just hide there".

Look at the wall Yuri is standing in front of, and look at how her hair is lined up.

Looks sorta like Viole, and looks like someone is standing behind him.

It's Black March!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Here is another picture for reference of the posture of the two:

Spoiler

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.
Thank you so much, Lafa!

There's still a lot of questions left, but I doubt SIU will answer them since it will most likely spoil the story to some readers.

Baam's next weapon is Black March, called it. He was destined to have to that weapon since he used in the Crown Game (well, that was just my opinion).

So Rachel is not the heroine..? Huh, I would have expected SUI to redeem her somehow, but we can't really know, maybe SIU will change his mind. Many women crying for Baam? There's only an answer for that....she chose Androssi (come at me, harem fans).

Edited by TheDasilva1, 13 November 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Baked Gnome

Baked Gnome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts
calling it now, the heroine will be Emily.

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
You are awesome LaFa, thanks a lot^^ :D
But I would be really disappointed if Yihwa is the actual heroine TT I don't really like her...
About who will be heroine or the weapon, It's really hard to talk about them without knowing the time they were posted, can you add a specific date or the chapter number when a question was answered?
If it is not from 13 month series, maybe Baam will win a really exculisive weapon in gongbang?