Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Master Author Blog/Translations Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
If you have arrived here by accident or an old link, this thread is now deprecated in favor of Master Author/Blog Translations Thread #2.

I thought it would be useful to gather together all the random translations of the author's blog and such. They contain good information, but the information is scattered around, mostly from Mangafox. Feel free to reply to this thread and add in things that I missed or come up. I'll add it to this thread.

First, Grumpy, our own ToG translator, has translations in a pinned thread above. Here is, I think, the most important part of that.

Names and known locations of the 13 Month Weapon Series (Updated!):

Spoiler

Next, the top 7 high rankers, from cat92 of mangafox:

Spoiler

Again, from cat92 in a thread on mangafox, about positions and and shinsoo contracts (edited by me for format and clarity. Please refer to the original thread for the original translation):

Spoiler

And another one, again from cat92 in a thread on manfafox. This time, it's about the more fundamental nature of shinsoo. It's framed as an extract from a book. This one is also heavily edited by me:

Spoiler

cat92 has translated another blog post from the author, about the Tower (with edits by me):

Spoiler

Edited by Trebor, 12 March 2012 - 05:50 PM.

Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Blue December

Blue December

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWonderland
Thank you.

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
Thanks, its good to have one thread containing all the authors blogs.

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts
Very much appreciated Trebor!

No more searching through mangafox threads <_<

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Thanks for the feedback. I added an additional one about Shinsoo's nature.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Awesome! This could also be fused with the Q&A thread as a "Master Author Blog and Q&A Resources" thread.

The bit about Shinsoo is really interesting, it explains a lot about Shinsoo. I never realized that Shinsoo actually Replaced air inside the tower. It's really ironic that irregulars, who actually grew up Without knowing Shinsoo, seem to be the best at manipulating Shinsoo(or maybe it's just that they had to have enough natural talent to force the door open, I'm supposing most outsiders can't get in).

The article also says that King Jahad taught the inhabitants civilization. Obviously, the Tower Guardians were there all along, but I didn't realize that there were inhabitants besides those? Are all those outside of the 10 great families of "native" lineage?

Also, the allusion to "air" would make you think that Jahad and co. were perhaps from the human world. There are all sorts of creatures around though. Or is it possible that the 10 great families were originally humans, and the non-humans are either natives or mixed with the natives? We'll know soon enough after we get a good look at the other Great Families. The Koon family seems human in any case.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Sarnik

Sarnik

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 311 posts
Hooray for edits.

Looks like you finally listened to me. :lol:

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███▲ ▲ █ █ ███████
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

Earn money through Swagbucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=33947530

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Ehh... It's harder to merge, and I wouldn't be first post. This kind of thread only works if the first post has all the info :D

But anyway, thanks for the positive feedback ^^. Thanks to Sarnik for pointing out a new post about the Tower. cat92 also translated some other things in the linked thread, mainly about the author's plans for ToG. Go read it yourself if you want~

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts
Koon Maschenny Jahad is not the only princess in Koon Clan(family). She is the only princess in Koon family to receive a 13 month. Could someone correct this bit? Cheers

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA

Koon Maschenny Jahad is not the only princess in Koon Clan(family). She is the only princess in Koon family to receive a 13 month. Could someone correct this bit? Cheers

Can you please cite this?

Nevermind, changed above. But still. There's a lot of stuff up there. If you're going to request changes, you need to tell me with some specificity where it is and explain why I should change it...

Edited by Trebor, 02 March 2011 - 10:04 PM.

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

Can you please cite this?

Nevermind, changed above. But still. There's a lot of stuff up there. If you're going to request changes, you need to tell me with some specificity where it is and explain why I should change it...

Sorry for that. I only saw the 1st bit and did not see the whole mass of information there after.
Just in case, I meant Maschenny to be only princess of Jahad in Koon family..maybe it is obvious.

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
Just checked Author's Blog, his latest

Blog Post for Chapter 40.

posted :2011/04/04

The blog post is untranslated I wasn't sure where to put.

Spoiler

In the near future, I am thinking of making a thread/Archive of the Author's Untranslated posts from beginning to the latest (in chronological order), so that people may translate it at their leisure. All of his post both the useless and useful...mainly because I cannot read Koean..lol

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Just checked Author's Blog, his latest

Blog Post for Chapter 40.

posted :2011/04/04

The blog post is untranslated I wasn't sure where to put.

Spoiler

In the near future, I am thinking of making a thread/Archive of the Author's Untranslated posts from beginning to the latest (in chronological order), so that people may translate it at their leisure. All of his post both the useless and useful...mainly because I cannot read Koean..lol

Though, I don't think this post quite fits here, I'll let Trebor sort things out. :P

Here's the translation though.

Spoiler

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts
Thanks a lot for the translation, Grumpy. :)

Interesting tid-bits, so there may be an upset in next weeks story, now I am really excited.

Chaos

Chaos

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

Though, I don't think this post quite fits here, I'll let Trebor sort things out. :P

Here's the translation though.

Spoiler

Lol!!! I actually asked about the pulleys with androssi and anak in the latest chapter discussion thread on MF then hear ppl telling me "Dude its a comic/manga, don't think too much about it" >.<

Zero Breaker

Zero Breaker

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 73 posts

Lol!!! I actually asked about the pulleys with androssi and anak in the latest chapter discussion thread on MF then hear ppl telling me "Dude its a comic/manga, don't think too much about it" >.<

Yeah! I actually wondered how could that plate stay so well balanced on a single thread of rope... perhaps that is also to do with property of Shinsoo control?

(..and there was issue with the rope apparently lengthening as Baam pulled it...but later SIU mentioned the rope can extend in length...haha he got me there.)

...come to think about it, I think the balance of the plate indeed was SIU's mistake, as that light cube thing is controlled by Koon to stay balanced, unlike that tray (which I have been refering as a plate..). Or could Baam have been controlling shinsoo somehow?

Ink Storm

Ink Storm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
I found some other Author commentaries from an old archived topic on Onemanga.

Shinsoo details (Rooms, Surface & Mass) and Character Heights
Spoiler

Chapter 37 Postscript
Spoiler

chaddann

chaddann

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 42 posts
it's not from onemanga forum, it's from cat92 (mangafox)

I found some other Author commentaries from an old archived topic on Onemanga.

Shinsoo details (Rooms, Surface & Mass) and Character Heights

Spoiler

Edit: Kroll is right, chapter 37 postscript wasn't cat92 translation

Edited by chaddann, 23 April 2011 - 08:22 AM.

Kroll

Kroll

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 282 posts
This part is Keppay translation not cat92 her

Chapter 37 Postscript

Spoiler

Kroll

Kroll

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 282 posts
I gathered all currently translated SIU blog posts about chapters
It would be shame if they get lost in the maze of other posts

Season 1

Chapter 1 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 25 by cat92
Spoiler

Chapter 32 by cat92
Spoiler

Chapter 35 by cat92
Spoiler

Chapter 37 by Keppay
Spoiler

Chapter 40 by Grumpy
Spoiler

Chapter 45 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 46 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 68 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 69 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 70 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 71 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 72 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 73 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 74 by Kareia aka Cpt. Cadence aka TerDrop
Spoiler

Chapter 75 by LaFa
Spoiler

Chapter 77 by LaFa
Spoiler

Season 2

Prologue by 25th_chestnut
Spoiler
Chapter 1 by 25th_chestnut
Spoiler
Chapter 2 by 25th_chestnut
Spoiler
Chapter 3 by 25th_chestnut
Spoiler
Chapter 4 by 25th_chestnut
Spoiler
Chapter 5 by 25th_chestnut
Spoiler
Chapter 6 by 25th_chestnut
Spoiler

Stat cards
Translation: Greenanatoly
CL/TS: Kroll
You can download them all here

Edited by Kroll, 11 March 2012 - 08:52 PM.